Author Topic: Hex Borders  (Read 667 times)

Fedaykin

• Recruit
Hex Borders
« on: 24 November 2023, 23:45:42 »
I'm trying to make some maps for tabletop use but my players and I are having trouble seeing the hexes. I've already figured out how to show borders around elevations, but I want to see borders around every hex. Is that doable?

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
Re: Hex Borders
« Reply #1 on: 11 February 2024, 22:30:01 »
You'd probably have to make a 'Request For Enhancement' on the GitHub. That said, the MM map editor isn't really designed for creating printable maps. It might be simpler to use one of the other online map-making tools to produce printable maps with more visible hex borders.
(Another option would be to find a graphics package that you could use to render a hex grid over the map that could be adjusted to match that of the original map.)
"That's Lieutenant Faceplant to you, Corporal!"

Things that I have learnt through clicking too fast on 'Move Done' on MegaMek: Double-check the CF of the building before jumping onto it, check artillery arrival times before standing in the neighbouring hex, and don't run across your own minefield.

"Hmm, I wonder if I can turn this into a MM map."

Southernskies

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 12 February 2024, 05:41:14 »
they should show up when printed.

quite a few years ago, I did up an A0-sized map for RPG use and the hexes were all visible in greyscale

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
« Reply #3 on: 12 February 2024, 22:38:55 »
they should show up when printed.
quite a few years ago, I did up an A0-sized map for RPG use and the hexes were all visible in greyscale

There have been a lot of upgrades to the graphics in the last couple of years. Although, as you say, the hex borders should still be visible.
"That's Lieutenant Faceplant to you, Corporal!"

Things that I have learnt through clicking too fast on 'Move Done' on MegaMek: Double-check the CF of the building before jumping onto it, check artillery arrival times before standing in the neighbouring hex, and don't run across your own minefield.

"Hmm, I wonder if I can turn this into a MM map."