Author Topic: MWO - Nov 2021 Free 'Mech - Ebon Jaguar  (Read 1816 times)

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
MWO - Nov 2021 Free 'Mech - Ebon Jaguar
« on: 12 November 2021, 17:54:14 »

https://mwomercs.com/events/426

Back to general/generic do specific stuff to earn challenge again, nothing earthshattering though I guess for people who play infrequently twenty-five 150 match score games might be annoying but still more than achievable even if you only play one or two matches a day.
« Last Edit: 12 November 2021, 22:03:52 by Cyc »

Apocal

• Warrant Officer
Re: MWO - Nov 2021 Free 'Mech - Ebon Jaguar
« Reply #1 on: 22 November 2021, 07:00:47 »

https://mwomercs.com/events/426

Back to general/generic do specific stuff to earn challenge again, nothing earthshattering though I guess for people who play infrequently twenty-five 150 match score games might be annoying but still more than achievable even if you only play one or two matches a day.

I play sporadically, more or less, and already managed mine. The most annoying part wasn't the twenty-five matches but the requirement for dealing 5,000 energy damage. Energy weapons are the bane of my MWO existence in terms of getting good damage output, much prefer ballistics (quad UACs, double-double UAC10s/UAC5s, double UAC/20s, etc.) or missiles (ATMs or SRMs) because I can accomplish so much more that way. It came down to grinding using either a (free?) nearly-stock ADR-Prime or my SCR-B -- and the latter has a UAC/20 as its primary with the four HMLs only for keeping damage output going when the UAC/20 jams. In spite of that, the latter was consistently dealing out approximately the same energy damage per match.

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 23 November 2021, 03:53:31 »
...- and the latter has a UAC/20 as its primary with the four HMLs only for keeping damage output going when the UAC/20 jams. In spite of that, the latter was consistently dealing out approximately the same energy damage per match.
That's one of my favorite methods too: If the challenge requires me to use one particular weapon system, I equip it as a secondary weapon on my 'Mech. That way I can play more or less as I usually do, while completing the challenge.

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: 24 November 2021, 21:30:35 »
I prefer single weapon type builds, it makes it easier to know that all that damage you deal in a match is exclusively for an AC and so on. I prefer to grind out and make specific changes to my playtime for such events though to help starve off boredom, I played exclusively Ebon Jaguars for this event for example.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #4 on: 26 November 2021, 02:40:51 »
I just hammer things with my twin MRM-30 Quarantine. And when there's challenges that aren't missile-based, I flail.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

BATTLEMASTER

• Captain
  • Hot and Unbothered
« Reply #5 on: 26 November 2021, 11:25:53 »
Challenge complete!  Though I just really wanted the skin :)
BATTLEMASTER
Trombone Player, Lego Enthusiast, Engineer
Clan Smoke Jaguar, Delta Galaxy ("The Cloud Rangers"), 4th Jaguar Dragoons
"You better stand back, I'm not sure how loud this thing can get!"
If you like Lego, you'll like my Lego battlemech projects!

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #6 on: 26 November 2021, 15:50:52 »
I just hammer things with my twin MRM-30 Quarantine. And when there's challenges that aren't missile-based, I flail.
And that damned PGI set the challenge that nasty way which requires you to do lots of energy damage to get the 'Mech and lots of ballistic damage to get the livery.  :))

Just do not give up!

Challenge complete!
Congrats!  :)

Though I just really wanted the skin :)

Yeah, the skin is nice!