Author Topic: Rasalhague Dominion Help!  (Read 3791 times)

Varocraft

Rasalhague Dominion Help!
« on: 17 February 2011, 21:30:03 »
I have been playing mechwarrior for quite long, and i mainly play with bannson's raiders and clan wolf units. I have a lot of rasalhague bears, and want to start playing them but i'm having  some trouble, is there a tipo you can give me, an strategy on how to use them. I've check the price of the Hermod solitaire online and since i have one i want to know what is the deal with that unit is it any good?
I mainly have mechs, some infantry and very little vehicles, but expect to use support from mercenaries or another faction.

Humansquish

• Master Sergeant
Re: Rasalhague Dominion Help!
« Reply #1 on: 18 February 2011, 02:26:38 »
I don't play the bears much but when I do I like to literally charge in. Even if you fail your mechs are a little better, and most of them have good melee attacks. I personally have not used the hermod solitaire. I usually fill up the points with other stuff.
"Oh no. They've made FASAfizzicks in reality. We're doomed."-Dread Moores

GhostCat

• Lieutenant
  • If A, then B, The Evil Genius Argument
« Reply #2 on: 18 February 2011, 02:46:29 »
You might want to look again at what is being sold with it.  The mech itself is not all that special aside from being hard to find pulling it from a booster.  If it is being sold with "original pilot and gear" you might have the reason for it's higher value.

Name: C3i
ID: DOM-G-117
 Expansion: Domination
Class: Light
Faction:

Unit Type: Gear
 Attaches to: Attack
You may have one C3i gear in your battleforce for every 150 points of the game's build total. When this unit makes a ranged combat attack against a single target opposing figure, it gets +1 (to a maximum of +3) to its attack value for each other figure friendly to it that is also assigned C3i gear and that also has clear line of fire to the target and could make a ranged combat attack against it.

It is possible that this gear card is being included in the sale, a set of three or four of these can cost more than the mechs they came with.  This is what made the Dominion unique mechs so desireable, though the gear can be used with any faction.

DOM-G-117 C3i (Light 17 pts.)

DOM-G-118 C3i (Medium 26 pts.)

DOM-G-119 C3i (Medium 26 pts.)

DOM-G-120 C3i (Medium 26 pts.)

DOM-G-121 C3i (Heavy 33 pts.)

As you see, there is only one version of this gear in light and heavy weight classes.  Four light mechs can be built into a 600 point tournament army that can be hard to stop if they are using this gear.  It's not as useful for larger mechs, as they tend to deploy in large battles that exceed the 900 to 1500 point range.

Some players will deploy light mechs as if they were "cheap heavies", but I like to keep the cost low and have bunches of them and enhance the damage value rather than the attack skill.

GC
"Spirit Cats are just pirates basically." --- Quote from Herb

MeGaZiPP

« Reply #3 on: 18 February 2011, 12:54:34 »
I have been playing mechwarrior for quite long, and i mainly play with bannson's raiders and clan wolf units. I have a lot of rasalhague bears, and want to start playing them but i'm having  some trouble, is there a tipo you can give me, an strategy on how to use them. I've check the price of the Hermod solitaire online and since i have one i want to know what is the deal with that unit is it any good?
I mainly have mechs, some infantry and very little vehicles, but expect to use support from mercenaries or another faction.

One of the strategies that I use with RD is to just play them like a normal unit. Outfit them with gear cards that will help them in the beginning, and just be aware of the dial. If you play them to hit their sweet spot, then you will lose most of the time. Support units are key so those should be in each army. They Vtols that RD have make for great clean up as they have 3 pulse after 1 or so clicks.  As for Hermod, I would use him with flamers and put him in an army that will utilize him as a decoy or to shut down mechs so they are easier to hit.

I havent played in a while, but I do recall matching Hermod, Claw, 2 vtols and follow up tanks and infantry. Using the +2 to assault order FP card. I think I may even had a medium mech in there also. It was a 900 pt army and I found it quite effective. I would be more specific, but I am at work and this build is on a document at my house.

Hope this helps.

woodearth

• Private
  • El Mago
« Reply #4 on: 18 February 2011, 18:51:29 »
Due to the berserker dials, their infantry are especially useful late game. I've succumb to many a late game captures from the bear infantry. I think the Dominion infantry are frequently underestimated. For, me, their Sylph BA is especially annoying.
Angeles Arcanos

Varocraft

« Reply #5 on: 22 February 2011, 20:12:06 »
Thanks to all of you. I will try and play them like regular units, hope they last till the end of the battle and become more effective.

LordNth

• Warrant Officer
  • Still playing with toys.
« Reply #6 on: 23 February 2011, 19:54:36 »
I can tell you this from playing against RD units.
The Bears strength & key is formations.  Use the formations with infantry and vees to boost the lack-luster starting stats.