Author Topic: The Sword of the Righteous: Fiefdom/Brotherhood of Randis  (Read 32144 times)

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
  • Join the Brotherhood, our mechs are cuter!
    • My Facebook
Re: The Sword of the Righteous: Fiefdom/Brotherhood of Randis
« Reply #60 on: 21 September 2013, 22:10:22 »
The only mentions i have found are the joint operation against Tortuga, and mentions about increasing cooperation and trading between the three nations.
Oh my brother, with your courage we can conquer,
In your sword I put my trust that you will honor
I will be the higher ground should you concede it
And my body be your shield if you should need it.

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
  • Ravaging the enemies of House Davion
« Reply #61 on: 22 September 2013, 02:51:57 »
I see. It's lucky Randis is in such a nice corner of space. If they were in the coreward places, no chance making it against the heavy-hitters

BrokenMnemonic

• Lieutenant
« Reply #62 on: 22 September 2013, 05:44:43 »
The Brotherhood have been fighting pirates as far away as the former OA world of Ddraig, though - on the side of the Periphery that Randis is located, I think they are one of the heavy hitters.

It's more interesting than optimal, and therefore better. O0 - Weirdo

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #63 on: 22 September 2013, 05:49:19 »
The Brotherhood have been fighting pirates as far away as the former OA world of Ddraig, though - on the side of the Periphery that Randis is located, I think they are one of the heavy hitters.

Between them Filvelt and Tortuga really the Taurians are too focused on the Federated Suns and Fronc
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #64 on: 22 September 2013, 05:51:43 »
A perfect new start for the Jaguar Knights O0

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
    • My Facebook
« Reply #65 on: 22 September 2013, 12:01:34 »
Someone said Jaguar Knights?

A little un-christian for Randis i think.  ;D

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #66 on: 23 September 2013, 07:12:03 »
 :D Aztec Jaguar Warriors

Though it's not necessarily irrelevant. Remember, the pre-Conquistador Aztecs had parallels with the Invasion-era Jaguars, so my Jaguar Knights simply reflects the post-Conquistador Aztecs who converted to Christianity O0

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
    • My Facebook
« Reply #67 on: 15 October 2013, 13:19:08 »
Just thinking about something for a time, and then the theme pops up in the Marian Hegemony thread: in 3145 it appears that a lot of peripheric powers (and even some IS ones) are colonizing (or recolonizing) planets, be the CP, RC or the FR. There is a good debate on why the MH is not doing it, and i wonder, why not the Fiefdom colonize a couple of planets too? I am not saying colonizating a brand new planets, but there is always the posibility of some of those unmaned and unmarked peripheric planets that the Brotherhood help from time to time.

Adacas

• Lieutenant
  • In the Cesar Service!!
« Reply #68 on: 15 October 2013, 13:33:44 »
 agree with your question, as we do that question by the Marian Hegemony, Brotherhood of Randis minimally could well have a couple under his protection systems

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #69 on: 15 October 2013, 18:59:10 »
Nobody wants to be Niops after the Jihad. It's BT's equivalent of The Twelve Colonies of Kobol.

Got your point BrokenMnemonic. Are there further mentions of the multinational cooperations between the Calderons, Periphery March and Randis itself? Because it was mentioned in FM3085 but I'm surprised the Periphery March wasn't involved in the Tortuga campaign.

And now I have a new .sig.

It amazes me that, by 3079, Randis and New St. Andrews both have populations around 12 million (around 63% of Niops 3062 population), and both significantly have greater industrial capacity by the Dark Age.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
    • My Facebook
« Reply #70 on: 15 October 2013, 21:21:27 »
Well, looks like Randis IV were getting new inmigrants by the dropshipload thanks to the FCCW and the Jihad in that era. As per their industrial capacity, it was growing by the 50´s, but Objective:Periphery points that someone else put the money and know-how to build Hope Industrial Works.

Coffea

• Recruit
  • Pura vida!
« Reply #71 on: 15 October 2013, 21:33:00 »
I for one would like to see the Knights of Randis have a tie-in with the Cult of the Saints Cameron and their attendant Knights.  It would certainly be San interesting mix of neo-Chivalry.

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
    • My Facebook
« Reply #72 on: 15 October 2013, 22:08:41 »
Umm...interesting. I remember reading about those guys, but do not know what happened with them after the Jihad.

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #73 on: 16 October 2013, 08:58:49 »
Just thinking about something for a time, and then the theme pops up in the Marian Hegemony thread: in 3145 it appears that a lot of peripheric powers (and even some IS ones) are colonizing (or recolonizing) planets, be the CP, RC or the FR. There is a good debate on why the MH is not doing it, and i wonder, why not the Fiefdom colonize a couple of planets too? I am not saying colonizating a brand new planets, but there is always the posibility of some of those unmaned and unmarked peripheric planets that the Brotherhood help from time to time.

Colonizing is the way to go if you want to avoid antagonizing someone. It's how the Suns got all those systems spinward of New Avalon.

agree with your question, as we do that question by the Marian Hegemony, Brotherhood of Randis minimally could well have a couple under his protection systems

Perhaps the Brotherhood has minor outposts on many nearby systems. Like how the Crusading Orders maintain many many Chapter Houses all over the medieval world.

And now I have a new .sig.

It amazes me that, by 3079, Randis and New St. Andrews both have populations around 12 million (around 63% of Niops 3062 population), and both significantly have greater industrial capacity by the Dark Age.

What an honor, sir. Though having said that, I do hope Niops gets better eventually and a return for the Project Workshop :)

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
    • My Facebook
« Reply #74 on: 17 October 2013, 13:05:40 »
Update on the Knights of Saint Cameron: Looks like these guys disappeared during the Jihad, in an incident very similar to the Clinton's Cutthroats one, but here at least a monk of an order of Sant Cameron was recognized. So, you have one veteran mech regiment that no one knows where it is since the Jihad.

Kamose

• Lieutenant
  • In the end, there can be only one...
« Reply #75 on: 17 October 2013, 13:55:56 »
Update on the Knights of Saint Cameron: Looks like these guys disappeared during the Jihad, in an incident very similar to the Clinton's Cutthroats one, but here at least a monk of an order of Sant Cameron was recognized. So, you have one veteran mech regiment that no one knows where it is since the Jihad.
I'd say this will end up being thrown into the pile of unresolved plot threads, like so many others.  Cool idea, may see the light someday, don't hold your breath in the meantime.
Regards,
Kamose

Niopsian

• Lieutenant
  • I dunno.
« Reply #76 on: 18 October 2013, 16:09:10 »

Doesn't that make it the second time they've up and vanished?

...cut a manager in to come up with a plan and the next thing you know you're big in Japan

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #77 on: 18 October 2013, 22:52:11 »
And it's never revealed who their source of replacement machines were.

Kamose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #78 on: 19 October 2013, 13:40:27 »
Yep... indeed the second time they've pulled a Houdini.  It would be interesting to have the story told, won't hold my breath on it, especially as we have been given nothing specific on what happened the FIRST time they did it.
Regards
Kamose

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
    • My Facebook
« Reply #79 on: 19 October 2013, 15:43:24 »
Yep... indeed the second time they've pulled a Houdini.  It would be interesting to have the story told, won't hold my breath on it, especially as we have been given nothing specific on what happened the FIRST time they did it.
Regards
Kamose

[conspiracy mode]The Goons were not the only scouts in the Inner Sphere...and there are other SL Exiles![/conspiracy mode]

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #80 on: 19 October 2013, 22:52:24 »
Or they are Imperial Seeker Clusters masquerading as a Star League cult unit  that "disappeared" because they were recalled to help defend the newly-formed Imperio? The idea fits on many levels for me..

On that note, does it mention when exactly they disappeared?

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
    • My Facebook
« Reply #81 on: 20 October 2013, 09:53:19 »
On that note, does it mention when exactly they disappeared?

November 3076, in Galatea. The this Leviathan-class Jumpship comes in, and the robed Beliver of St. Cameron guy talks with the Knights, who lift up shop and tell SysControl that they will jump to Alcor, thing that was apparently a lie. And thus the Knights disappear. Weird, isnt?

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #82 on: 20 October 2013, 11:20:29 »
Yup. Hmmm...I don't know what to make of this. My previous theory still stands...that it could be the masquerading Seekers recalled in the aftermath of the WoR to report on how things were in the IS.

Kamose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #83 on: 20 October 2013, 20:11:50 »
That would be cool... especially if the Green Ghosts have the same mission but work for a different faction.
Cheers,
Kamose

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #84 on: 21 October 2013, 07:20:33 »
Green Ghosts could be Seekers...or Vipers. For someone who intentionally destroyed the Homeworld's comm lines with the IS, Brett Andrews seemed to know a lot of what's happening in the IS even near the time of his death.

Archangel

• Major
« Reply #85 on: 21 October 2013, 18:01:36 »
Or they are Imperial Seeker Clusters masquerading as a Star League cult unit  that "disappeared" because they were recalled to help defend the newly-formed Imperio? The idea fits on many levels for me..

Highly unlikely.  Wolfnet would have quickly recognized Clanners (due to Clan behavior and language) especially if a large contingent of trueborns were included (due to known features of bloodlines).  The Goliath Scorpions aren't one of the larger Clans who could afford to contribute so much manpower and equipment.
Detect evil first, smite second and ask questions later.

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #86 on: 22 October 2013, 09:53:08 »
The pragmatic Scorpions would of course train to blend into their IS cover of course. These are the guys who trained the Dragoons on IS warfare.

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
    • My Facebook
« Reply #87 on: 22 October 2013, 10:34:28 »
Could be, could be not. Another mistery for the Periphery...

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
    • My Facebook
« Reply #88 on: 15 March 2021, 08:30:32 »
Randis, fortunately/unfortunately depending on view, gets a pass b/c of the influx of Jaguar equipment and even portions of Jaguar units . . . like with techs.  Easy to get things in production if you know it can be done.

As far as we know, the only named ex-CSJ members of the Brotherhood are Grand Knight Lucas Beckett and Brother Carson that arrived to Randis in the early 60´s, and Brother Nyleth arriving in 3069. M&M (set in 3077) cites in pg. 233 of "a large number of former Smoke Jaguars arriving to Randis", but that those warriors are no appearing in the Brotherhood rolls. Also add the rumor of the third battalion, that has come in and out in various products. Later products does not seem to indicated a lasting "clan" influence in the Brotherhood.

So, could the clan presence in randis helped to the establishment of Hope Industrial Works? Probably, i will not deny that IF some ex-clan technicians arrived to Randis, they expertise would be helpfull for the construction of the factory. But for that, i think, you need a lot more. Specially funds.

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
    • My Facebook
« Reply #89 on: 15 March 2021, 13:22:30 »
Well, if the rest of the Randis thread hadn't been cut short, they wouldn't be so irked. Randis made out by a change in the narrative.

So, Randis was destined to lose the HIW facility? Are you in liberty of explaining Randis role in the enw narrative line? I have noted an increase of small tidbits and references toRandis in the late products.

Register