Author Topic: Gray Death Legion timeline?  (Read 292 times)

Frabby

• Major
Gray Death Legion timeline?
« on: 06 May 2024, 06:12:45 »
So, I've finally started reading A Rock and a Hard Place and was hoping to datamine it for Sarna.
And right off the bat, I see that it runs roughshod over the established canonical GDL timeline?!

Previous sources, up to the 2021 Turning Points: Helm, established that the storyline of The Price of Glory essentially begins when the GDL returns to Helm, making planetfall on 24 March 3028; the final battle and recovery of the memory core is dated 1 April 3028.
However, in A Rock and a Hard Place, the GDL arrives on Glengarry on 2 March 3028 and the whole Helm episode has already happened.

Has this been officially adressed yet? (I haven't been able to find anything in the Search function.)
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Re: Gray Death Legion timeline?
« Reply #1 on: 20 May 2024, 22:31:30 »
I was wondering when the GDL recovered Grayson's lost Marauder from the Falcons.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Metallgewitter

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 21 May 2024, 06:01:14 »
I was wondering when the GDL recovered Grayson's lost Marauder from the Falcons.

That would be very interesting to hear. Mechwarrior Legends states he was shot out of his Marauder on Sudeten but the Mech was later recovered but by that point he was piloting a Victor. As the Legion fought on Pandora next in the same year I assume he was using said Victor from this point onward. Theory time: the Clans refitted some salvaged Mechs and Marauders were among them. As the FedCom raided Sudeten at least once (3055 was probably the most prolific) they might have also brought back some of the Mechs the Falcons captured over time.

Starfury

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 21 May 2024, 21:39:08 »
Grayson may have just upgraded from the Marauder to the Victor when the Legion went to Pandora and received upgrades from the Fedcom.  I don't remember Blood of Heroes or the other books stating that the Marauder was destroyed. I mean I probably would have liked a Marauder 5D or 5S over the Victor 9D myself, but that's me. Something to ask the writers.