Author Topic: (Answered) LAM Fighter movement Clarification  (Read 1958 times)

Durnaxe

• Recruit
(Answered) LAM Fighter movement Clarification
« on: 19 March 2017, 13:58:16 »
I love me some LAMs and my friends and I are testing out alpha strike for some bigger, battalion on battalion, games. After playing my last game and doing research I got really confused.

According to the Alpha Strike Companion (page 43) "LAMs in fighter mode function as aerospace units for movement purposes" but does that mean it follows the abstract aerospace rule from the normal alpha strike rules (page 53-54)?
Including immediately moving to the central zone of the radar map?  Or am I misinterpreting the rules wrong?
« Last Edit: 02 May 2017, 07:30:28 by nckestrel »
"We cannot join. We cannot rest. Our lives, our souls, endure. We have been Returned".

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: LAM Fighter movement Clarification
« Reply #1 on: 02 May 2017, 07:30:09 »
Yes.  Aerospace fighters, including LAM in Fighter mode, use the Abstract Aerospace rules. A LAM that is in BattleMech (or AirMech) mode at the beginning of the turn, that then switches to Fighter mode at the beginning of its movement, is in the Central Zone.  And for its move must immediately leave the Central Zone as all fighters starting their turn in the Central Zone are required to do. 
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Register