Author Topic: Police/Security Indi or Battlemechs  (Read 2245 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Police/Security Indi or Battlemechs
« on: 11 February 2018, 19:09:11 »
Since its spread out across several sources, I was wondering if anyone had a list of Battlemechs or IndiMechs specifically in use as police or security equipment- like the Quasit or Peacemaker.  Looking for what might have been pressed into service in the Dark Ages but is otherwise not considered a battle-worthy mech.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Charistoph

• Major
Re: Police/Security Indi or Battlemechs
« Reply #1 on: 11 February 2018, 22:39:36 »
Wasn't the Marshall supposed to be designed for that role?
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 11 February 2018, 23:08:26 »
The Copper is pretty much purpose-designed for a Patlabor/BattleTech crossover campaign.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #3 on: 11 February 2018, 23:39:49 »
Marshall is a full on battlemech designed for the New Colonies region IIRC . . . designed to fight pirates and invaders IIRC (badly, IMO but . . . ).

Security equipment would have AP weapons- flamers, fluid guns, MGs, SRMs.  SRMs to fire tear gas missiles and fluid guns for all the different ammo options that can be used for crowd control.  Some will also have mech tasers to shut down vehicles either escaping a perimeter or trying to crash into/through the perimeter.  Might be the same reason for mechs to have TSEMP.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
« Reply #4 on: 12 February 2018, 21:04:46 »
The Cattlemaster (Hunter) could work, and there is the Inquisitor and Inquisitor II. Unfortunately the Inquisitor has not been stated out .
"Our eyes lie on Glory, Honor, Strength. Burned worlds will declare our name as cause."

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #5 on: 12 February 2018, 21:43:34 »
Yeah, I have ER Dark Age . . . unfortunately its hard to figure out what might be on the first Inquisitor since the II has some advanced weapon options- LAC, TSEMP and BAP are what comes to mind.
Colt Ward

SaltyDog325

• Recruit
« Reply #6 on: 13 February 2018, 12:22:37 »
I'm looking through TRO:Prototypes and came across a few designs labeled SecurityMech.
First up is the PTN-2M Patron PatrolMech (pg.94-95), according to the fluff, it's aimed at the same market as the Copper.
Next is the SDT-1A Spindrift Aquatic SecurityMech (pg.98-99)
Followed by ARB-001 Arbiter SecurityMech (pg.100-101), I don't think this is what you're looking for but it has Security in the name so I threw it in.
I have a fetish for Blazers so this next one is in my strike zone. MN2-A Sarissa SecurityMech (pg.112-113) It's more a mech labeled as Security, but it has a Blazer so all is forgiven.
Honorable mention is the TBT-K7R Trebuchet (pg.114-115) it has a Taser(Battlemech) and a Chain Whip, it's dubbed the RepoMech in the fluff.
I hope it helps somewhat.

jbaird1

• Private
« Reply #7 on: 13 February 2018, 12:46:16 »
I would say the Firestarter, But I don't think it was built for security work.   It does an excellent job though.

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #8 on: 13 February 2018, 13:33:22 »
There's also the unstatted GS-54 Guard, mentioned in TRO: Vehicle Annex (upgrade) and seen in action in the BattleCorps story "Feather vs. Mountain."  A 15-ton quad with two machine guns, it's described as a low-budget Capellan aesthetic nightmare, but does boast above average mobility. 

For a game, I tried to model it in HM Pro.  It came out as a 5/8 quad with two MGs, but such thin armor and IS that a single Medium Laser or AC/5 hit would trim off a leg.  A lance of them was roughly handled by motorized infantry in the game.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #9 on: 13 February 2018, 14:48:17 »
The Copper is pretty much purpose-designed for a Patlabor/BattleTech crossover campaign.

I have a pair of Coppers painted up to look like Ingrams.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #10 on: 13 February 2018, 16:48:09 »
Patron 2 is a good catch, I had missed that . . . I did a equipment search on MM and looked through ER Dark Ages, TP Irian, and ER3145 to see what was on the Indi list but I figured I missed some so I wanted a open call.
Colt Ward

Charistoph

• Major
« Reply #11 on: 14 February 2018, 01:31:45 »
Marshall is a full on battlemech designed for the New Colonies region IIRC . . . designed to fight pirates and invaders IIRC (badly, IMO but . . . ).

From Sarna.net, quoting the TRO:
"...created the Colonial Marshals to police this area and protect its citizens. Even with the spirit of cooperation, the most that could be provided to the Colonial Marshals were older BattleMechs in various states of disrepair. To remedy the problem, Taurus Territorial Industries was commissioned by Protector Jeffrey Calderon to build the Marshal, which would see service in both the Colonial Marshals and the Taurian Defense Force."

So, yeah, a full-on Battlemech designed for policing, albeit, a special type of policing.  More of a SWAT 'Mech than a normal police 'Mech, but still a police 'Mech.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #12 on: 14 February 2018, 01:35:09 »
Are there official rules for nonlethal machine gun rounds?
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #13 on: 14 February 2018, 04:36:01 »
Well, page 176 in the AToW Companion does have rubber bullets...

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #14 on: 14 February 2018, 09:01:12 »
Are there official rules for nonlethal machine gun rounds?

I think the nearest entry is on page 203 of Historical: Reunification War.

Riot Gear
Some equipment used by the military and police forces of the Inner Sphere is designed to combat mobs.
Infantry Crowd Control Weapons
Some weapons are designed for managing crowds in a non-lethal manner. In BattleTech terms, such casualties are indistinguishable from conventional losses, but in a roleplay or campaign setting it may be more productive to incapacitate rather than kill the mob.
The following weapons are considered non-lethal:
List of weapons and ammunition for ATOW.

I boldfaced that line about casualties being indistinguishable.
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

Register