Author Topic: Anyone playing in the DC area?  (Read 2123 times)

zuSerrahn

• Recruit
Anyone playing in the DC area?
« on: 18 July 2019, 21:44:44 »
My brother and I picked up Total Warfare a few months back and have really been enjoying it. I was just wondering if there was anyone else in the Washington, DC area who plays and might be interested in getting in a game or two. So far we mostly just play 3039-era pick up skirmishes (usually at Dream Wizards in Rockville on Saturdays), but we might be interested in a campaign (time commitments can be tricky, though...). Anyway, we'd love a few more people to play with if anyone is in the area.

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
Re: Anyone playing in the DC area?
« Reply #1 on: 19 July 2019, 07:28:35 »
Heyo.

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=37978.0

I'm not really active these days, but there's a group that meets on a semi-regular basis in Glen Burnie, MD and sometimes in DC itself. That thread will help you coordinate with them.

Let me know when your next game is at Dream Wizards though, I'd happily stop in and roll a few dice. (I'd bring miniatures, but they're all packed away for moving later this summer. Boooooo.)
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Tinyozora

• Master Sergeant
  • House Jurai
« Reply #2 on: 19 July 2019, 13:34:52 »
In addition to that link for our games in Marylabd, we also play in Northern Virginia.  Pick ups for travel are not out of thought either if needed.  Some live in dc, maryland, and Virginia.

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=62390.0

zuSerrahn

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: 22 July 2019, 14:15:11 »
Thanks for the responses and the links! I’ll be in touch.

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #4 on: 23 July 2019, 01:57:19 »
I'll be running a 3050 game Saturday August 3rd with a start time of noon.  Details are in the thread that Tinyozora linked to.
Did you hear about the LEGO store grand opening?  People were lined up for blocks...

Col.Matthew.Steiner

• Recruit
  • I'll carry you across the river Styx
« Reply #5 on: 28 July 2019, 09:01:21 »
New DC gamer here as well. Over in NoMA. Following the links above. Been to both Huzzah and Games & Stuff but haven't joined a game yet.

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #6 on: 28 July 2019, 12:55:38 »
New DC gamer here as well. Over in NoMA. Following the links above. Been to both Huzzah and Games & Stuff but haven't joined a game yet.

Glad to see another person that can join us.  Next weekend I'm running a 3050 game, Jade Falcon vs Fedcom.

If you're able to join us, excellent!  If not, no worries.  My plan is to run one game a month.  You'll have plenty of opportunities to game.  Until then, stay frosty.

-Jester
Did you hear about the LEGO store grand opening?  People were lined up for blocks...

Col.Matthew.Steiner

• Recruit
  • I'll carry you across the river Styx
« Reply #7 on: 16 August 2019, 20:25:46 »
Going to try and check out the activities at Games and Stuff 08/17.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #8 on: 16 August 2019, 20:53:59 »
Sorry I'll miss you tomorrow... maybe I'll see you on the 21st of September out at Huzzah Hobbies... :)