Author Topic: Locust 'Scrub' question  (Read 2944 times)

Davion_Boy_74

• Warrant Officer
Locust 'Scrub' question
« on: 11 February 2011, 06:51:48 »
Could any advise me, are the 2 weapons on the left arm of Locust 'Scrub' M.G's (Light with an array) or 2 er small lasers ? I've gone for an er medium laser in c/t & a light ppc in the right arm, I'm inputting this 'Mech into HMPro and while I have done 2 versions I like I wanted to be as accurate as I could be - trouble is though I have never been able to read the dials  :-[ .

Cheers.

Dave.

GhostCat

• Lieutenant
  • If A, then B, The Evil Genius Argument
Re: Locust 'Scrub' question
« Reply #1 on: 11 February 2011, 13:32:14 »
Scrub is armed emtirely with energy weapons.  I don't think the Locust has the weight/space to allocate a PPC of any kind and still support the ranges (both short) and damage values that it carries.

The real threat of the mech seems to be the secondary weapon slot that shows Pulse SE.  It also hase Evade, that helps to get it quickly into position and adds a bonus to defense.

http://www.warrenborn.com/Unit.php?ID=BF038

Warrenborn, for all your needs.     ::)

My guess is that it packs as many ER Small Lasers as it can, with an option to carry a set of ER Medium Lasers, though a 10 inch range doesn't seem to agree with that.  Pulse SE is not actually a battery of rapid fire weapons, but rather a system of using only half the available energy weapons to avoid overheating while engaging the target.   

GC
"Spirit Cats are just pirates basically." --- Quote from Herb

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #2 on: 11 February 2011, 14:02:37 »
Since it is a 1G mode, I would expect nothing but a 1V with 2 old tech small lasers in place of each machine gun for a total of 1 ML and 4 SL.

No advanced tech except maybe TSM since the 1L was simply a 1V with TSM added to it. None of the 1 series locusts had advanced tech. Even the much later 1V2 kept the ML and simply replaced the MGs with low tech rocket launchers.

PeripheryPirate

• Warrant Officer
  • Your friendly neighborhood Periphery pirate!
« Reply #3 on: 11 February 2011, 17:15:26 »
Could any advise me, are the 2 weapons on the left arm of Locust 'Scrub' M.G's (Light with an array) or 2 er small lasers ? I've gone for an er medium laser in c/t & a light ppc in the right arm, I'm inputting this 'Mech into HMPro and while I have done 2 versions I like I wanted to be as accurate as I could be - trouble is though I have never been able to read the dials  :-[ .

Cheers.

Dave.

It is nigh impossible to extract BattleTech stats from MWDA dials. Even the stats on the dossiers provided with some of the older unique 'Mechs didn't always translate well to the unit's actual dial.

In other words, just go with what you perceive it to have and don't worry about it.

Davion_Boy_74

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #4 on: 11 February 2011, 21:55:29 »
Thanks for the help guys, so it's an all energy design Sweet. oh that's interesting it being based off an old LCT-1(G), Cheers  [rockon] .

OH it can carry weight & equipment wise a Light= PPC trust me  }:)  ;)

Dave.
« Last Edit: 11 February 2011, 22:08:04 by Davion_Boy_74 »