Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Nobody but its creator knows, it hasn't been printed.  It was mentioned on the forums years ago as something that could potentially have made it to TRO 3145 The Clans but was rejected and the Kodiak II was taken instead.  All that's been said is that it would have been an upgrade/replacement of the Gladiator omnimech the same way the Loki II and Thor II were for the original 3050 versions.

so proably drops the fixed jump jets and fixed MASC, and eaither replaces the FFA with Endosteel, or keeps the FFA and goes to a reinforced internals
BSP Cards vs BSP Cards question:  What is the difference between the IS BA squads? ... I have two different types of BSP cards for these guys.  One has "Squad 4" in different colors (guessing to denote different units on the board) and the other doesn't.  The one that doesn't has a cost of 13 (15) and the squad 4 has a cost of 9 (11).  As far as I can tell all of the stats are the same though.
The 9 (11) is incorrect.  It's supposed to be 13 (15), they are the same unit.
https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=75914.msg2021329#msg2021329
BattleMechs / Re: 3040s Malice
« Last post by Andras on 05 October 2024, 20:39:39 »
Now with more lasers, replace the PPCs with ERLLs, and add 3 MPLs to back up the 4 MedLas.

Drop out one or both ERLLs for either set of Mediums as the range drops.

Code: [Select]
Malice MAL-3L

Mass: 100 tons
Tech Base: Inner Sphere
Chassis Config: Biped
Rules Level: Advanced Rules
Era: Succession Wars
Tech Rating/Era Availability: E/X-F-E-A
Production Year: 3040
Cost: 11,428,000 C-Bills
Battle Value: 2,232

Chassis: Unknown Endo-Steel
Power Plant: Unknown 300 Fusion Engine
Walking Speed: 32.4 km/h
Maximum Speed: 54.0 km/h
Jump Jets: None
    Jump Capacity: 0 meters
Armor: Unknown Standard Armor w/ CASE
Armament:
    2  ER Large Lasers
    2  LB 10-X ACs
    3  Medium Pulse Lasers
    4  Medium Lasers
Manufacturer: Unknown
    Primary Factory: Unknown
Communications System: Unknown
Targeting and Tracking System: Unknown

================================================================================
Equipment           Type                         Rating                   Mass 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure: Endo-Steel                   152 points                5.00
    Internal Locations: 4 LT, 4 RT, 1 LA, 1 RA, 2 LL, 2 RL
Engine:             Fusion Engine                300                      19.00
    Walking MP: 3
    Running MP: 5
    Jumping MP: 0
Heat Sinks:         Double Heat Sink             14(28)                    4.00
    Heat Sink Locations: 1 LT, 1 RT
Gyro:               Standard                                               3.00
Cockpit:            Standard                                               3.00
    Actuators:      L: SH+UA    R: SH+UA
Armor:              Standard Armor               AV - 304                 19.00
    CASE Locations: 1 LT, 1 RT                                             1.00

Internal       Armor     
                                                      Structure      Factor     
                                                Head     3            9         
                                        Center Torso     31           48       
                                 Center Torso (rear)                  13       
                                           L/R Torso     21           31       
                                    L/R Torso (rear)                  11       
                                             L/R Arm     17           33       
                                             L/R Leg     21           42       

================================================================================
Equipment                                 Location    Heat    Critical    Mass 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LB 10-X AC                                   RA        2         6        11.00
Medium Laser                                 RA        3         1         1.00
LB 10-X AC                                   LA        2         6        11.00
Medium Laser                                 LA        3         1         1.00
ER Large Laser                               RT        12        2         5.00
Medium Laser                                 RT        3         1         1.00
ER Large Laser                               LT        12        2         5.00
Medium Laser                                 LT        3         1         1.00
2 Medium Pulse Lasers                        CT        8         2         4.00
Medium Pulse Laser                           HD        4         1         2.00
@LB 10-X (Cluster) (10)                      RA        -         1         1.00
@LB 10-X (Slug) (10)                         RA        -         1         1.00
@LB 10-X (Cluster) (10)                      LA        -         1         1.00
@LB 10-X (Slug) (10)                         LA        -         1         1.00
                                            Free Critical Slots: 2

BattleForce Statistics
MV      S (+0)  M (+2)  L (+4)  E (+6)   Wt.   Ov   Armor:     10    Points: 22
3          4       4       2       0      4     3   Structure:  8
Special Abilities: CASE, SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA, FLK 1/1/1

A Time of War / Re: Belter gene modifications
« Last post by Wrangler on 05 October 2024, 20:18:10 »
In the fluff (more current) the Belters were living longer than typical base-line humans in the Inner Sphere. Though there was example of individuals living longer (see Morgan Kell example) remaining fairly active as they enter normal senior age that would leave average person less active or deprecated.

Belters could also have some DNA changes to allow them remain in space without medical pills from losing marrow loss in their bones or suffer other Zero-G effects.
The Inner Sphere / Re: Should MechWarrior be an officer rank?
« Last post by butchbird on 05 October 2024, 20:09:05 »
Thought I could give a well cut reply on this, but a quick research to confirm my faulty memory advises me not to say too much. But having actually looked through this, I'll add a few things none the less.

As its clear mechwarriors are best compared, in the 20th/21st century, to fighter pilots and that aristocrats still held a huge deal of prestige during WWI (Ah, the woes, complaints and hatred of the russian "warrior lesser aristocracy" (hard to translate this one to my liking) for the changing times, but I digress), something has to be pointed out concerning that war.

Fact is, back in the early days of aerial warfare, NCOs made up a huge chunk of the fighter pilots. Even reknowned aces spent a large part of that war as sergeants (or ranks "around that"), though they'd often get commissioned once they "earned enough prestige". If I'm not mistaken, WWII also had many NCOs as pilots.

I'd argue that, while the BTU is in the future and would be affected by developments in the structure of the military and all that, "knights of the air" are more closely related to mechwarriors then F-22 pilots would be, as far as the whole feel & vibe is concerned and hence what is aimed to be presented.

Another thing is how mechwarrior training programs have been described. If I remember well the Marik Handbook rundown on military academies, the fact that one of these academies only churned out mechwarriors with officer training was a big deal, implying that most aren't schooled in the art of commanding. Going against this conception would require a fair bit of retconing or contorsions.

But this does not necessarly mean that a infantry captain would think ill of being ordered around by a lesser rank mechwarrior in many cases. Prestige is a very real thing. Mechwarriors (and aerospace pilots, supposedly, though they get much less screen time) are simply superior to any other branch. It's a well known and integrated fact. Being recognized as the nation's elite would have quite the weight on the battlefield, no matter the rank.
The Inner Sphere / Re: Should MechWarrior be an officer rank?
« Last post by Trailblazer on 05 October 2024, 19:50:55 »
Ah good points, I hadn't thought of warrant officer ranks!
Ground Combat / Re: Value of Speed in a Scout Helicopter
« Last post by idea weenie on 05 October 2024, 19:44:23 »
Isn't the Yellow Jacket, built by the FedSuns company Michaelson Heavy Industries, the only 6/9 VTOL?

Quite likely, I just needed two speeds to show the difference.
« Last post by idea weenie on 05 October 2024, 19:43:15 »
That's begging for consolidation into a micro-nutrient generator or some such.

I figure a Micro-nutrient generator won't self-heal like the fake organs would.

But a larger setup that is used for multiple people at a time would be useful.  Give it an external power hookup, a source of sugar water, a decent supply of nitrogen, a set of various internal bacteria that produce the necessary vitamins, and it would produce a 'vitamin slurry'.  Good for towns or remote mining operations that can't easily import vitamin pills from off-world.

The fun part is making sure you don't get a bacterial mutation that makes it less efficient, which could be solved by using 3-4 separate bacterial tanks for each vitamin and monitoring their output.  Whichever produces the lowest nutrition per unit of sugar water would get dumped, its container would get sterilized, and whichever container produced the most nutrition per unit of sugar water would be introduced to the cleaned container.  Depending on the capabilities, introducing fresh bacterial specimens every year or so might be good along with sending the older bacterial cultures back for analysis.  (This would be used by the company for research into better bacteria for the future generations, and would be part of the contract you sign.)
Ground Combat / Re: Value of Speed in a Scout Helicopter
« Last post by MoneyLovinOgre4Hire on 05 October 2024, 19:35:39 »
Isn't the Yellow Jacket, built by the FedSuns company Michaelson Heavy Industries, the only 6/9 VTOL?
« Last post by Daryk on 05 October 2024, 19:29:32 »
That's begging for consolidation into a micro-nutrient generator or some such.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10