Author Topic: Bradley IFV (Tech B SV)  (Read 1684 times)

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
Bradley IFV (Tech B SV)
« on: 22 June 2023, 14:43:16 »

Quite a lot of compromises, and I still considering using an one-shot SRM-2 to free up more tonnage for fuel.

Code: [Select]

Type: Bradley
Chassis Type: Tracked (Medium)
Technology Base: Inner Sphere (Standard)
Mass: 25 tons
Battle Value: 95

Equipment                                         Mass (tons)
Chassis/Controls                                    5.0
Engine/Trans.                                      13.0
    Cruise MP:3
Flank MP:5
Heat Sinks                    0                     0.0
Fuel                                                0.5
Turret                                              0.5
Armor Factor (BAR 4)          40                    2.0

Internal   Armor   
                          Structure  Value   
     Front                   3         10   
     R/L Side               3/3       8/8   
     Rear                    3         6     
     Turret                  3         8     

Weapons
and Ammo                      Location    Tonnage   
Machine Gun                    Turret       0.5     
SRM 2                          Turret       1.0     
SRM 2 Ammo (50)                 Body        1.0     
Half Machine Gun Ammo (100)     Body        0.5     

Carrying Capacity Troops - 1.0 tons

Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme & Nebula Confederation

Gorgon

• Lieutenant
  • The little duchy that could
Re: Bradley IFV (Tech B SV)
« Reply #1 on: 22 June 2023, 15:39:23 »
The fuel looks fine compared to the original, n my opinion. How about going with a OS launcher loaded with tandem-charge warheads? Against older armor, they are decent at creating internal damage...
Jude Melancon lives!

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 23 June 2023, 14:00:58 »
The fuel looks fine compared to the original, n my opinion. How about going with a OS launcher loaded with tandem-charge warheads? Against older armor, they are decent at creating internal damage...
I just looked at the rules, those missiles seem extremely effective against low BAR units, while using an OS launcher would balance it out.
Any idea on what to use the freed up 1/2 ton for?
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

Gorgon

• Lieutenant
  • The little duchy that could
« Reply #3 on: 23 June 2023, 16:26:31 »
A vehicular grenade launcher with smoke rounds is always a good tool to have. That's never a bad investment. Besides that, if you can scrounge up another half ton from somewhere, you could upgrade the machine gun to a medium chemical laser, to model the Bradley's gun. That would give you good penetration power against anything of your Bradley's armor tech level or lower... But I'm hard pressed to point to a good way to save some weight elsewhere  ;D
Jude Melancon lives!

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 23 June 2023, 16:44:33 »
A vehicular grenade launcher with smoke rounds is always a good tool to have. That's never a bad investment. Besides that, if you can scrounge up another half ton from somewhere, you could upgrade the machine gun to a medium chemical laser, to model the Bradley's gun. That would give you good penetration power against anything of your Bradley's armor tech level or lower... But I'm hard pressed to point to a good way to save some weight elsewhere  ;D
I can see the story as such, a colony regressed to late 20th century tech and had to use such old designs.
When contact with the Inner Sphere was regained they decided to import advanced ammo as an easy upgrade.
Later they would purchase mixed-tech refit kits from the Sea Foxes. 

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 08 July 2023, 20:39:44 »
well if we are looking at an older colony
What about 4 RL10 as a nice TOW substitutes or as I fluff them as the STAKE ADAT (Air Defense Anti Tank) missiles to give this unit a limited "Punch" at range.
or even 2 Thunderbolt Missile
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
« Reply #6 on: 08 July 2023, 20:59:10 »
It's a shame the Unbound tech never made it into TacOps, I always liked the Thunderbolt as a modern ATGM supplement.  One ton, one crit, and a ten point punch - just don't get an ammo crit on it.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 08 July 2023, 21:36:53 »
It's a shame the Unbound tech never made it into TacOps, I always liked the Thunderbolt as a modern ATGM supplement.  One ton, one crit, and a ten point punch - just don't get an ammo crit on it.
we still use them
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #8 on: 09 July 2023, 04:16:30 »
well if we are looking at an older colony
What about 4 RL10 as a nice TOW substitutes or as I fluff them as the STAKE ADAT (Air Defense Anti Tank) missiles to give this unit a limited "Punch" at range.
or even 2 Thunderbolt Missile
Surprising how many good options there are for the limited payload of this chassis.