Author Topic: Protomech Red vs Blue Capture the Flag  (Read 44 times)

Charistoph

• Major
Protomech Red vs Blue Capture the Flag
« on: 25 July 2024, 14:25:07 »
So, one day when our group was a little light, we ran an impromptu Capture the Flag scenario using what lists we had with us.

So, I started percolating ideas on how to set one up.  I set up a poll to see if they would like it like we played using established units, do it Halo-style (same unit for everyone with upgrades collected), or do it Team Fortress 2-style (one selects from different units with different roles).  Halo-style won the votes.

There's different ways I could approach this, with Alpha Strike being the easiest (we've done similar things like it before, just was Free-for-all not teams).  However, while pondering on it this morning, I had an idea: use Protomechs. 

Aside from the shields, they can be set up to fire 2 1-handed weapons OR a "2-handed" Main Gun.  They also die pretty quickly (when hit), so they can cycle pretty rapidly.

I was thinking of starting off with a Roc or Orc standard base, and removing all Weapons and Jump Jets, and having that be the core unit.  They'll start with a relatively light gun like the LMG, ERMicroL, or MicroPL. 

Different locations across the map will provide either Gun upgrades or Torso upgrades.  Gun upgrades could include an ERML or PAC/8 for the Main Gun as well as ERSL or HMG for the 1-handers.  Torso upgrades could be a one-time immunity, Jump Jets, etc, based on the Halo multiplayer matches.

Map would be set up using the bases in the Grasslands Map Pack with various random maps in between, or set up using our local leader's HeroQuest tiles.

Thoughts?
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

Register