Author Topic: (Answered) Jumping into water rules contradiction clarification  (Read 2276 times)

RazorclawXLS

• Warrant Officer
I have looked at the previous thread by T9FURY for this same issue, however I am intellectually deficient enough not to understand a simple explanation, so I must ask if I can get this explained at "moron" level, thank you.

Line from AGOAC rulebook:

"Pg 12 JUMPING MOVEMENT Into Water it says "A mech cannot jump directly into a water Depth of 1 or deeper, but can end it's jump over such a hex".

Explanation given for the previous question for this was:

"Normally a jump takes you from the ground to the ground, from the bottom of one hex to the bottom of another.  This passage instead says that, unlike normal, your jump jets cut off just over the water and you drop to the bottom through the water.  In other words, you aren't rocketing your way safely to the bottom like normal jump jet use.  The success or failure of the PSR determines if you land safely at the bottom or fall somewhere along the way and take damage at the bottom instead."

I am unable to understand an explanation, so basically I need an explanation on an explanation. This would best be given with an example, if at all possible, thank you.
« Last Edit: 19 August 2019, 15:52:02 by Xotl »

RazorclawXLS

• Warrant Officer
Original post is updated.

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
If you jump into a water hex, make a PSR.  Pass and you land fine.  Fail and you fall a number of levels equal to the depth of the water hex.
« Last Edit: 20 August 2019, 14:23:08 by Xotl »
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

RazorclawXLS

• Warrant Officer
If you jump into a water hex, make a PSR.  Pass and you land fine.  Fail and you fall a number of levels equal to the depth of the water hex.

This I understand, what I don't understand is how mech can jumpjet into water, when a mech can't jump directly into a water hex.
« Last Edit: 20 August 2019, 14:23:19 by Xotl »

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: (Answered) Jumping into water rules contradiction clarification
« Reply #4 on: 20 August 2019, 14:22:55 »
You can jump into the hex just fine: ignore the fluff bit because it doesn't matter and is just confusing people.  In terms of game fluff, you jump into the general area (i.e. the hex), cut your jets just over the water and then drop, hoping that you did it right and don't fall.  In terms of strictly game rules, you do what I said in my first post and forget anything else.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

RazorclawXLS

• Warrant Officer
Re: (Answered) Jumping into water rules contradiction clarification
« Reply #5 on: 20 August 2019, 18:10:40 »
OK, got it. Can jump into water hex, but gotta roll for the PSR to check if the mech lands correctly, or drops into a hip of limbs at the bottom.