Author Topic: Brodie's Renegades (Also known as what to do with a metric ton of C-Bills).  (Read 6818 times)

Deathknight69

• Captain
  • Supernaturalizing the universe !!
History of Brodie S. MacHollister so far . . .

Born to Jacob T. and Lauren M. (nee Danielsen) MacHollister, Brodie had a relatively normal childhood growing up on New Valencia (he was a hellraiser and took pride in causing some discomfort and aggravation to people in authority positions). He was enrolled into the New Valencia Military School for Troubled Youth and then went to the N.A.I.S.(with his family's help).

He graduated and was assigned to the Davion Heavy Guards and took part in the Op Bird Dog raid on Asgard. He was one of the survivors that were recovered. He served with the D.H.G. until the end of the Fed Com Civil war.

He has come to terms with the brutal fighting that took place during the 2nd battle of New Avalon and is just about 90 % mobility / function with his right arm. He still has some very bad nightmares at times, but has weened himself off of the painkillers / rehabilitation drugs and is ready to get back to living as normal a Mechwarrior's life as possible.
« Last Edit: 26 December 2019, 00:38:34 by Deathknight69 »
"Remember kids, Ammo explosion's are as much fun as friendly fire and incoming fire has the right-of-way." - ShadowSeraph
Avatar by Wombat, Thanks again to the blue fuzzy marsupial of wanton destruction.
"SRM Carrier. It's actual combat value is irrelevant; the face of a player when one of their 'mechs takes a point-blank shot from one is priceless!  ^-^" - Fireangel
"What's a little canon-deviation amongst friends and enemies" - Self
Quote from: DarkSpade on August 10, 2022, 15:23:40
If you think about it, the perfect merc lives long enough to complete the objective, but not long enough to get paid.
Well, there's an Obi-Wan level point of view comment for you ...  xp
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 15:35:06 by Wolf72 »

Stormrider

• Sergeant
  • To each his own unless I'm running the show.
Re: Brodie's Renegades (What to do with a metric ton of C-Bills)
« Reply #1 on: 17 December 2019, 06:19:17 »
Howdy folks,

I'm chiming in to say that Brodie has a BattleMech !! It's a bouncing baby Mad Cat Mk. II BNC-5S Banshee !!.

He got supremely lucky with his Camp Ops build amount. So I'm devising ways for him to spend it all.  ^-^ ;D >:D
« Last Edit: 17 December 2019, 20:02:27 by Stormrider »

All hail the god of war!!

Avatar by ShadowRaven. Thanks SR.

Deathknight69

• Captain
Hey Everybody,

I know things have been chaotic for us - Storm and I - and we're actively tie-ing down the loose ends to get it up and running. He's been finicky lately. He has his mind set on a specific starting formula for the unit and I'm trying to not be a pain in the gluteus maximus region. He he.

Surprisingly, the chaos has nothing to do with the holiday season at all. Just some really weird s#*t has been happening lately.

Dk69.
"Remember kids, Ammo explosion's are as much fun as friendly fire and incoming fire has the right-of-way." - ShadowSeraph
Avatar by Wombat, Thanks again to the blue fuzzy marsupial of wanton destruction.
"SRM Carrier. It's actual combat value is irrelevant; the face of a player when one of their 'mechs takes a point-blank shot from one is priceless!  ^-^" - Fireangel
If you think about it, the perfect merc lives long enough to complete the objective, but not long enough to get paid.

Deathknight69

• Captain
He heads to Outreach on a whim with a few other survivors to join or start up a unit. One of the more interesting people he has met is a 'Mech repair and salvage yard owner by the name of Jerry Gusky - "the 'Mech Guru". Through a couple of Jerry's contact, Brodie has assembled a company's worth of 'Mechjocks, Gearheads, Aeroboys, Crunchie kids and some P.B.I. Basically a lance each except the battle armor (2 squads) and motorized infantry (2 squads) - a platoon combined.

They have a little bit of training time together before looking for a contract.
« Last Edit: 02 January 2020, 12:05:28 by Deathknight69 »

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
I take a forced hiatus and I kills a thread...

And then I come along to find, yet another thread started...

Storm~ Send me an update on what ya'll need...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Deathknight69

• Captain
The unit took a short term recon in force / extraction mission offered by Kallon industries (and the Federated Suns M.I.I.O.) to take a "look-see" at a rumored refurbished 'Mech plant on Caph owned by ?? (Skobel Mechworks) and pick up a couple of VIP's.
« Last Edit: 12 January 2020, 07:28:48 by Deathknight69 »

Stormrider

• Sergeant
We just got done with that little mission and it was a draw in so far that Dk69's unit did complete his objectives. He'll have to do some more recruiting to be able to field his mixed company again. Hehe.

Deathknight69

• Captain
Yes we did finish and survive that mission.

The unit has been successful in their contracts so far. A few snatch and grabs, some getting dirty pictures and a beatdown party. They have taken a contract with a local Caph-ian corp to do some recon-in-force raiding.

Stormrider

• Sergeant
And it's been a toss-up as to how it's been played out. It's our typical situation: He's bleeding me of good Op For and I'm bleeding him of C-Bills (Lots and lots of C-Bills) in repairs / replacements.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
* Hears " Help me, Truetanker, your my only hope!" when reading that post...

* sigh *

Working on solution...

TT  8) >:D :thumbsup:
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

Deathknight69

• Captain
Umm, Yeah. . .

snakespinner

• Captain
And the excitement builds. :D
I wish I could get a good grip on reality, then I would choke it.
Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
Wait...

What?

Snakespinner...

Really?

Is that how you see me. TrueToaster?

Sheesh, kids these days... :D

TrueToaster
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

snakespinner

• Captain
I do get toasted sometimes. ;)
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

Stormrider

• Sergeant
That may be true Snakespinner, but Deathknight69 has been getting Texas BBQ roasted a whole bunch lately !! :smirk: :toofunny: >:D xp

snakespinner

• Captain
I do enjoy a Texas BBQ roast. >:D
Growing up is optional.

Stormrider

• Sergeant
Well you better be hungry  >:D >:D !!

snakespinner

• Captain
Poor DK69, he doesn't know what's going to hit him. Or what marinade you will be using. :D >:D >:D
Growing up is optional.

Stormrider

• Sergeant
Well, firstly I started with a good homemade smoky rub, then added a little chinese infusion spice. Threw him on to cook for a while, turning him over periodically. After a few hours of grilling, I saw that he needed more time, so I turned up the heat.

snakespinner

• Captain
I see TT has trained you well in the art of a good roast. :D >:D
Growing up is optional.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
 >:D

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

DOC_Agren

• Major
* Hears " Help me, Truetanker, your my only hope!" when reading that post...

* sigh *

Working on solution...

TT  8) >:D :thumbsup:

I'm really not sure that what I heard there
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Deathknight69

• Captain
@DOC: I didn't hear anything either !!  :D ;D

Hawkeye Jim

• Captain
  • I'm small but sneaky
Just how many C-Bills are in a metric ton anyway?

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
Just how many C-Bills are in a metric ton anyway?

Depends on the size and denomination of the bill.

A square meter of printer paper is, IIRC, about 80g. So a metric ton of printer paper should be 12,500 square meters.

Assuming that C-Bills are printed on paper that weighs the same, and that each bill is about 100 square centimeters (1/100 of a square meter), and the average denomination is 10 C-Bills, we´d have... *sounds of frantic calculator-button-punching* 12.5 million C-Bills.

Which, admittedly, isn´t all that much to equip a merc unit with.
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

Hawkeye Jim

• Captain
  • I'm small but sneaky
Thanks, that's very helpful. But if we assume that one third are twenties and one third are fifties, the unit might do better.

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
33.3 million C-Bills, then. Well, 33.33333333... etc
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

Hawkeye Jim

• Captain
  • I'm small but sneaky
You can actually do something with that amount.

Deathknight69

• Captain
Yeah, One can purchase a lot of heavy duty black body-sized bags or possibly pay ransom to ensure the safe? return of captured peoples.

Stormrider

• Sergeant
Yes, I enjoy being the cause of your financial woes !! Nowadays it's tough to be a gm w/o being overly evil in the execution of your latest unit. But, Dammit I'm having fun knocking you down a few more pegs. Ha Ha !! >:D :thumbsup: