Author Topic: WoB pilot breakdown for the final battles on Earth  (Read 1896 times)

grimlock1

• Captain
WoB pilot breakdown for the final battles on Earth
« on: 07 October 2017, 19:31:02 »
What book has the guidance for the percentage of MD to human troops in the WoB's last stand on Earth?  Small cockpits in the Spectral LAMs and Omega suggest some MD pilots.

Also, when rolling up MD pilot skills, just read off the ELITE column, then apply bonuses for VDNI and Interface Suit, right?
I'm rarely right... Except when I am.  ---  Idle question.  What is the BV2 of dread?
Apollo's Law- if it needs Clan tech to make it useable, It doesn't deserve those resources in the first place.
Sure it isn't the most practical 'mech ever designed, but it's a hundred ton axe-murderer. If loving that is wrong I don't wanna be right.

PsihoKekec

• Captain
  • Your spleen, give it to me!
Re: WoB pilot breakdown for the final battles on Earth
« Reply #1 on: 09 October 2017, 00:46:39 »
JHS: Terra has the units participating in this battle, Blake Documents has the WoB unit composition. There was one Shadow division on Terra for the last stand, however 39th WoB militia division had considerable number augumented soldiers to the point it could be mistaken for Shadow division.
Shoot first, laugh later.

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 09 October 2017, 01:35:53 »
Well, Jihad Final Reckoning only shows a single Shadow Division as destroyed on Terra, along with around a dozen regular WoB Militia Divisions. But there isn't really a percentage of MD to regular troops shown. Your best bet is to probably just figure out what works best for the battle that you're doing.

And yeah, VDNI and other bonuses come after the regular elite levels of skill.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #3 on: 09 October 2017, 06:11:14 »
I always wonder if we'd get more info on the lead commander of the Militia Divisions and the Shadow Divisions who fought on Terra. Only after books came out an the Total Chaos campaign book came out did we get hint of one of the many personalities that lead them.TC did go into some details that Reckoning and other Hot Spot books didn't cover to some extent.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #4 on: 09 October 2017, 16:23:13 »
Given it's the end of a long campaign, I'd assume there'd be a core of very experienced veterans & elites, a bunch of MD cyborgs, but at least half would be green troops.

The analogies to Berlin, 1945 should be obvious, with things like the Gallant filling the role of the Volksjager, etc.

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

grimlock1

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 09 October 2017, 17:26:44 »
I have a game coming up where I'm controlling a reinforced Level II guarding a Rattler portal to a Castle Brian.
1 Omega, with a MD
Griffin 6CS with a veteran human
2 Celerities
2 Level I's of Purifiers
1 Gestalt. Yeah, I know, they were never deployed on Earth but they look like fun.

The other guy is bringing about 2x my BV plus off map arty.  We haven't decided if I'll get to use the Large Portal's built in guns.  The mission will be to get 1/3 of his force through a sally port in the main port and disable the door from the inside, thus trapping the Rattler.

This should be a real mess.  >:D
I'm rarely right... Except when I am.  ---  Idle question.  What is the BV2 of dread?
Apollo's Law- if it needs Clan tech to make it useable, It doesn't deserve those resources in the first place.
Sure it isn't the most practical 'mech ever designed, but it's a hundred ton axe-murderer. If loving that is wrong I don't wanna be right.

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 09 October 2017, 20:43:25 »
I was going to say that the only reason to use a MD on the Omega is because he's probably elite and you can use things like the Pain Shunt to avoid damage, I guess there's nothing that actually stops a MD from using VDNI or BVDNI on a Superheavy design. Obviously you can't use the Machina Domini system there, but there's nothing really preventing you from using the VDNI implants. Depending on how you read the rules of course :)