Author Topic: Master Unit List (MUL) Online Database - READ THE FIRST POST  (Read 313721 times)

skiltao

• Lieutenant
    • SkilTao's Gaming Blog
Re: Master Unit List (MUL) Online Database - READ THE FIRST POST
« Reply #60 on: 11 June 2011, 15:56:24 »
Tried it.  Those eras don't divide as cleanly as you'd think, and different techs are still mixed in anyhow. 

Believe me, I did try to get this function by using the existing options.  Wouldn't have made the suggestion if I hadn't.  Still, thank you, I do appreciate the help. 

EDIT:  to be clear, I'm not talking about the release order of OOP books, that was just a handy illustration.  I'm talking about the in-universe release of weapons technology.  From ~3040-3058 the Inner Sphere only has regular lostech, and I'd like to find machines that are restricted to that technology.  I can spot (or handwave) an anachronistic 'Mech in a pool of identical technology more easily than I can, say, Streak SRM-4s or MRMs in a pool of "Clan Invasion Era" 'Mechs.  Even moreso with the Civil War and Jihad eras, where I'm less familiar with how the weaponry plays, it helps me if I can find all the machines that draw on the period's characteristic set of weapons. 

So I guess that my request boils down to dividing the Clan Invasion era into "Early" and "Late" options, and then creating a way to use the "production era" field to search for tech instead of introductory dates. /EDIT
« Last Edit: 11 June 2011, 19:30:36 by skiltao »
Blog: currently working on BattleMech manufacturing rates. (Faction Intros project will resume eventually.)
History of BattleTech: Handy chart for returning players. (last updated end of 2012)

Wolf Lancer 4

• CSO Pack Mule
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • Home of hand built Timber Wolves.
« Reply #61 on: 11 June 2011, 21:21:30 »
Error:

I seem to be unable to add multiples of the same unit.  Is anybody else having this problem?

I just hope its not something on my end...
From a 'Mech grave he rose, snarling
Ready to do battle for his vanquished Clan
Stalking the Falcon Khans, who would remake us
His actions, the Wolf incarnate
  -The Remembrance(Clan Wolf), Passage 412, Verse 10, Lines 9-12

Dread Moores

• Captain
« Reply #62 on: 12 June 2011, 14:28:45 »
Possible Error:

Not sure if this is intentional (and if so, not sure I understand it), but here it is.

Did a search for all unit types (all tech levels) linked to the Taurians. I come up with them having access to all of the other factions' infantry types form TRO 3085 (Lyran Royal Guards Heavy, Davion Firefighters, Explorer Corps XCT, etc.) I'm also not sure if this an issue just limited to the Taurians.

Edit: Also, the Royal Warhammer (6Rb) is available to the Taurians. I thought the MUL was meant to show "significant" numbers, whether that be salvage, importing, or production. They had significant salvage of the Royals that nobody knew about until the New Dallas core, just sitting around? Or are they producing Royals? Maybe I'm misunderstanding the MUL, but I do have to admit some confusion on that one.

Edit 2: Similar to the Royal Warhammer, the Taurians show the Demolisher II (MML) as available, but not the Demolisher II itself. Tagged wrong perhaps? Again, maybe I'm mistaken, but Demolisher II seemed pretty exclusive to the Lyrans.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #63 on: 13 June 2011, 10:34:54 »
Re: Infantry
These were given as wide a distribution as possible.  The specific unit name mentioned was basically ignored, and only the generic unti type used for determining availability.  The specific unit is treated as merely a "notable pilot" of that unit type.  There must be something in the stats of the unit that makes it unavailable.  Also, faction specific armor can be replaced with same stat armor available to another faction.  So as long as the faction has armor available with the same stats, the unit can be available to them (unless some other stat makes it impossible).

Examples.
Heavy Jump Infantry/DEST Heavy Response Team.  Everyone has Heavy Jump Infantry.  However, these use DEST Infiltration Suits.  So that would limit availability.
Clan Assault Infantry/Ghost Bear Heavy Solahma Infantry.  All the equipment is available to all clans, so this unit type is available to all clans, not just Clan Ghost Bear.
Any 100 person Marian Infantry is Marian only, as nobody else uses 100 person infantry units.
etc.

Unless there is a stat in the unit that is not reproducible by the faction, the unit can be available to that faction.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Cantatta

« Reply #64 on: 13 June 2011, 21:11:31 »
New face here, though I have been a Troll for some time.  Anywho, hello!  I'd like to say the MUL is an awesome acheivement, thanks to all the great folks who brought this into being for the BT community.  Nice piece of work!

So, before I get too far here, can I ask if the MUL will eventually be a "complete" list of BT units, or are there always going to be some units omitted?  It is a fantastic resource in any event, but I thought I'd ask.  Apologies if this has already been answered.

Thanks!

serrate

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #65 on: 14 June 2011, 10:45:25 »
On the Getting Started page, the BattleTech Eras tab, is the following misspelling in the 3rd paragraph:

"we’ve pided BattleTech into six major eras."

I believe that should be:

"we’ve divided BattleTech into six major eras."

Azeroth

• Corporal
« Reply #66 on: 14 June 2011, 10:59:32 »
I saw it mentioned earlier, but the remove unit button isn't working.  Also, I'm clicking on the Thor Prime and Thor A and it wasn't adding to My force.

Feature Request:  On the Advanced Search, selecting a faction would include the general inner sphere or general clan mechs.  For example, I select Jade Falcon and look up the Thor, I only see 4 variants (B, M, G, U).  The Prime version is not listed, but is included in clan in general.  If I select Jade Falcon, all the Jade Falcon specific and clan in general would appear.

Martius

• Captain
« Reply #67 on: 14 June 2011, 12:43:47 »
Error: JES I has a weight of 95t

It only has 50t in RS 3085 and 3075.

Skyhigh

• Master Sergeant
    • Solaris Skunkwerks
« Reply #68 on: 14 June 2011, 13:22:01 »
I saw it mentioned earlier, but the remove unit button isn't working.  Also, I'm clicking on the Thor Prime and Thor A and it wasn't adding to My force.

Remove button now works.

I tried adding the Thor Prime and Thor A and both were added to my list, I can also add multiples of the same unit which I've seen mentioned off and on.  Hmm, maybe the browser caches it and doesn't re-call...will have to check that out.

Greyhind

• Warrant Officer
  • I'm Watching You
« Reply #69 on: 14 June 2011, 14:24:34 »
The Behemoth Heavy Tank (Kurita) is listed as available to Inner Sphere Faction General as well as obscure factions like the Kell Hounds.

I recommend restricting it to House Kurita. Also, it isn't a heavy tank AFAICT.

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
« Reply #70 on: 14 June 2011, 19:25:47 »
The Zugvogel Prime's faction listings are doubled for some reason.

Also, the units at Unit/3661 to Unit/3665 are all duplicates of existing units.

« Last Edit: 15 June 2011, 13:41:26 by Moonsword »

Kealios

• Corporal
« Reply #71 on: 15 June 2011, 12:49:14 »
The ability to select multiple criteria in the advanced search - already mentioned in the context of specifying two or more factions - would be wonderful if extended to all the advanced search criteria. Eg. it would be great if we could list equipment for both Introductory and Standard rules levels, or for 4th SW & Clan Invasion eras, at the same time.

Hold down the Shift key when selecting will allow you to pick a range (so clicking on "Age of War", then Shift+clicking on "Civil War" will select all the in-between as well.

Holding CTRL will allow you to pick and choose, so clicking Age of War, then CTRL+clicking Civil War will only select those 2.

[REQUEST:]
I'd really like to see a Random Allocation Table for this, following all said modifiers already available, but adding weight class. Thanks!

OzzyStokeUK

« Reply #72 on: 15 June 2011, 13:35:07 »
Great work on this DB, really useful. For dopey people like me, any chance of a password reminder function on the MUL!?!

Skyhigh

• Master Sergeant
    • Solaris Skunkwerks
« Reply #73 on: 15 June 2011, 14:28:29 »
Great work on this DB, really useful. For dopey people like me, any chance of a password reminder function on the MUL!?!

Thanks, I can add a password reset that will send an e-mail to you...but no reminder as it is encrypted.

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #74 on: 15 June 2011, 15:47:46 »
The Mercury II is using the artwork for the original Mercury.  It should be using the Brent Evans art from Blake Documents.

Skyhigh

• Master Sergeant
    • Solaris Skunkwerks
« Reply #75 on: 15 June 2011, 15:54:58 »
The Mercury II is using the artwork for the original Mercury.  It should be using the Brent Evans art from Blake Documents.

Done, thanks for the link to the image

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #76 on: 16 June 2011, 11:58:26 »
Anhur (P-Stealth)

The image should match that of the standard Anhur.

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #77 on: 16 June 2011, 12:10:58 »
RPT-2X and RPT-2X1 Raptor II

Both should be using the artwork from The Blake Documents, reproduced here.  In addition, judging from TRO3085 page 70, the RPT-2X and RPT-2X1 are not extinct but rather in use by the Republic of the Sphere.

OzzyStokeUK

« Reply #78 on: 16 June 2011, 13:40:40 »
Password reset will do nicely, thanks!

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #80 on: 16 June 2011, 20:59:23 »
KGC-0000 King Crab

Based on the record sheet, this should have the artwork from TRO3039 page 279, uploaded here.

KGC-010 and KGC-000b King Crab

Based on the record sheet, these are supposed to have the TRO3050U artwork here.

Skyhigh

• Master Sergeant
    • Solaris Skunkwerks
« Reply #81 on: 16 June 2011, 21:43:31 »
KGC-0000 King Crab

Based on the record sheet, this should have the artwork from TRO3039 page 279, uploaded here.

KGC-010 and KGC-000b King Crab

Based on the record sheet, these are supposed to have the TRO3050U artwork here.

And Done

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #82 on: 17 June 2011, 12:04:38 »
Regulator II Hovertanks

All three models are currently lacking artwork, which should be the TRO3085 line art here.

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #83 on: 17 June 2011, 12:14:04 »
3053, 3063, Narc and Laser Strikers

All four of these should use the TRO3058 artwork linked here.

Phalanx

This tank is missing imagery; the artwork is from XTRO Marik.
« Last Edit: 17 June 2011, 12:17:52 by Moonsword »

Skyhigh

• Master Sergeant
    • Solaris Skunkwerks
« Reply #84 on: 17 June 2011, 13:00:52 »
Regulator II Hovertanks

All three models are currently lacking artwork, which should be the TRO3085 line art here.
Done
3053, 3063, Narc and Laser Strikers

All four of these should use the TRO3058 artwork linked here.

Phalanx

This tank is missing imagery; the artwork is from XTRO Marik.
And Done

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #85 on: 17 June 2011, 19:23:41 »
PLG-4X Pillager "Anvil"

This one should have the artwork from XTRO: Liao.

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #87 on: 18 June 2011, 00:35:43 »
BE700 and BE701 Jousts

Both units should have the TRO3085 artwork here.

Standard and Combat Support Triremes

Both units should have the TRO3085 Supplemental artwork here.

Skyhigh

• Master Sergeant
    • Solaris Skunkwerks
« Reply #88 on: 18 June 2011, 10:29:35 »
BE700 and BE701 Jousts

Both units should have the TRO3085 artwork here.

Standard and Combat Support Triremes

Both units should have the TRO3085 Supplemental artwork here.

Got em.

Gordon

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Sergeant
  • Jeffrey D. Gordon
    • Some BattleTech Posts
« Reply #89 on: 19 June 2011, 22:49:02 »
Skyhigh, I just wanted to, again, thank you for the great work you're doing here. :)
Demo Team Agent #784

Register