Author Topic: (Answered) (Errata) IO - QuadVee Questionpaloooza - Non-Movement Gameplay ?s  (Read 2945 times)

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
Hello,

I have multiple questions on QuadVees, I have attempted to separate them into categories to limit the number of questions per post. This one is on Non-Movement Gameplay Questions. The QuadVee rules can be found on pgs 133 & 134 of IO. I will attempt to reference any other relevant rules if necessary for the question.

1) QuadVees in vehicle mode that are targets of physical attacks are to be treated as a 'Mech that stands 1 level lower than it's present level. Does this mean it can be a target of a charge? Pg 148 of TW "Charge Attacks" under "Vehicles" says vehicles cannot be charged by 'Mechs, only by other vehicles.

2) QuadVees in vehicle mode can only make Charge/Ramming physical attacks. The "Vehicles" section under the "Damage" section of "Charging Attacks", pg 148 of TW, says that whether a vehicle is the target or attacker of a successful charge/ram attack, it must make a roll on the motive system damage table. Does this apply to QuadVees?

3) If a QuadVee is carrying mechanized Battle Armor or ProtoMechs, either as an OmniMech or using magnetic clamps, do the Battle Armor/ProtoMechs interfere with the conversion process? Do they become dismounted if the QuadVee converts?
« Last Edit: 04 November 2016, 12:04:28 by Welshman »
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Welshman

• Mostly Retired Has Been
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: IO - QuadVee Questionpaloooza - Non-Movement Gameplay Questions
« Reply #1 on: 04 November 2016, 11:53:54 »
Ooh fun questions.

1) QuadVees in vehicle mode that are targets of physical attacks are to be treated as a 'Mech that stands 1 level lower than it's present level. Does this mean it can be a target of a charge? Pg 148 of TW "Charge Attacks" under "Vehicles" says vehicles cannot be charged by 'Mechs, only by other vehicles.

Yes it can. It counts as a Mech for Physical Attacks, which include charges and, gasp, DFA. Have fun.

2) QuadVees in vehicle mode can only make Charge/Ramming physical attacks. The "Vehicles" section under the "Damage" section of "Charging Attacks", pg 148 of TW, says that whether a vehicle is the target or attacker of a successful charge/ram attack, it must make a roll on the motive system damage table. Does this apply to QuadVees?

Yes. This goes back to the unwritten rules of "go with the worst option".

3) If a QuadVee is carrying mechanized Battle Armor or ProtoMechs, either as an OmniMech or using magnetic clamps, do the Battle Armor/ProtoMechs interfere with the conversion process? Do they become dismounted if the QuadVee converts?

Awesome, Errata achievement unlocked! No, the BA/Proto do not need to dismount in order for a conversion to happen. If the QuadVee is an OmniVehicle, nothing else occurs. If the QuadVee is a standard vehicle, the magnetic BA/Proto need to make and a successful Anti-Mech Skill roll, otherwise they are forced to dismount with no damage. 
« Last Edit: 09 November 2016, 23:33:13 by Welshman »
-Joel BC-
Catalyst Freelancer (Inactive)

"Some closets will never contain Narnia, no matter how many times we open the door." - Weirdo, in relation to the power of hope.

Welshman

• Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Seen and thank you, makes sense on both fronts. One quick clarification, do Protos with magnetic clamps need to make a roll if they're carried by an omni?

Yes, as said above "BA/Proto" need to make a roll.
-Joel BC-

"Some closets will never contain Narnia, no matter how many times we open the door." - Weirdo, in relation to the power of hope.

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
Yes, as said above "BA/Proto" need to make a roll.
Guess I may not have been clear. When an Omni QuadVee is carrying protos using Magnetic Clamps and it converts, do the protos need to make a roll? I.e. is the roll dependent on the QuadVee being an Omni or is it dependent on the mechanized unit using magnetic clamps?

Welshman

• Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Guess I may not have been clear. When an Omni QuadVee is carrying protos using Magnetic Clamps and it converts, do the protos need to make a roll? I.e. is the roll dependent on the QuadVee being an Omni or is it dependent on the mechanized unit using magnetic clamps?

Let's make it simple and keep it based on being an Omni or not. The Proto can still hold onto the Omni handholds while also using it's magnetic clamps.
-Joel BC-

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
Let's make it simple and keep it based on being an Omni or not. The Proto can still hold onto the Omni handholds while also using it's magnetic clamps.
Related to this roll, if a unit fails the roll, it simply just falls off? Which hex would this take place? Starting? Ending? Anywhere along the movement route?

The rules/fluff say the conversion takes place over the course of the whole turn. And based on your answers to some of the movement questions, for rules purposes the QuadVee uses the mode it starts in for that turn's movement.

Welshman

• Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
It falls off in the starting hex, when conversion begins.
-Joel BC-

Register