Author Topic: AFFS High Command, Suns Transcendent!  (Read 182906 times)

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
  • user briefly known as Khan of Clan Sex Panther
Re: AFFS High Command, Suns Transcendent!
« Reply #810 on: 21 February 2015, 13:16:17 »
Foxbat, good news for your son.

Dan, enjoy your ale.

Everyone, I hope you're having a less wintery day than I am.

S/F

Matt

I've just written a 55 page PowerPoint presentation from essentially scratch... I need a beer!
Avatar stollen from spacebattles.com motivational posters thread

ChanMan: "Capellan Ingenuity: The ability to lose battles to Davion forces in new and implausible ways"

Charlie 6

• Captain
« Reply #811 on: 21 February 2015, 13:26:20 »

I've just written a 55 page PowerPoint presentation from essentially scratch... I need a beer!
I'm watching my youngest while my wife and the oldest nap.  I need a scotch.

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
« Reply #812 on: 21 February 2015, 13:35:18 »
I'm watching my youngest while my wife and the oldest nap.  I need a scotch.

I instagrammed my beer. And linked the instagram photo to Facebook. I'll spare those of you not on those social media the pain of it all.

Anyway, my beer is from Great Orme Brewery in North Wales

ChanMan: "Capellan Ingenuity: The ability to lose battles to Davion forces in new and implausible ways"

Charlie 6

• Captain
« Reply #813 on: 21 February 2015, 13:57:58 »

I instagrammed my beer. And linked the instagram photo to Facebook. I'll spare those of you not on those social media the pain of it all.

Anyway, my beer is from Great Orme Brewery in North Wales
Make that a double I need.  Fellow parents you'll commiserate:  nothing quite reminds you how little control you have as when just after putting a fresh diaper on your child you discover you have to change the child again.

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #814 on: 21 February 2015, 14:10:05 »
It was a mess over here Monday & tuesday.  We aren't well equipped to handle any precipitation colder than rain.  Wednesday I had another job interview, with the State Police as a Driver's License Examiner.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
« Reply #815 on: 21 February 2015, 14:10:35 »
Make that a double I need.  Fellow parents you'll commiserate:  nothing quite reminds you how little control you have as when just after putting a fresh diaper on your child you discover you have to change the child again.

Although nothing is happening, such things are looming: in the pub yesterday with one of my best friends and we were discussing plans for small people to come along and take over our lives

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #816 on: 21 February 2015, 14:12:01 »
England has hobbits? :D
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
« Reply #817 on: 21 February 2015, 14:13:45 »
England has hobbits? :D

Yep

On a semi-related note, the recreation ground I normally run around is pretty waterlogged with a lot of mud on the paths making running fun while my wife is on an extended weekend away in Iceland where apparently they are set up to cope with cold, snow etc

Charlie 6

• Captain
« Reply #818 on: 21 February 2015, 14:22:35 »
We've either had soggy/snowy/frigid weather or I've been afflicted with some form toddler-borne plague so I'm completely out of shape.

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
« Reply #819 on: 21 February 2015, 15:32:35 »
We've either had soggy/snowy/frigid weather or I've been afflicted with some form toddler-borne plague so I'm completely out of shape.

I'm prepared to bet you'd still kick my arse

Sadly I don't seem to have got my higher level of fitness fully embedded so it quickly ebbs away with just a few too many days off  :'(

greatsarcasmo

• Fabricator General
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ordo Scriptorum
« Reply #820 on: 21 February 2015, 19:15:44 »
That's my daughters favorite thing to do. Drives me insane...

Speaking of, we're starting the terrible twos a few months early. Not listening and hitting.
Yay...
Maker of big things.

Charlie 6

• Captain
« Reply #821 on: 21 February 2015, 20:29:21 »
That's my daughters favorite thing to do. Drives me insane...

Speaking of, we're starting the terrible twos a few months early. Not listening and hitting.
Yay...
My oldest is nearly three and has not been listening for the better part of two years.  I hear age three is just as awesome.

greatsarcasmo

• Fabricator General
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ordo Scriptorum
« Reply #822 on: 21 February 2015, 20:32:25 »
My oldest is nearly three and has not been listening for the better part of two years.  I hear age three is just as awesome.
Greattttt...

We're also grabbing things and saying 'mine'. Thinks like my phone or laptop...
Maker of big things.

Charlie 6

• Captain
« Reply #823 on: 21 February 2015, 20:52:16 »
Greattttt...

Ah 'mine' we've added 'I want'.  Also potty training, and girls are easier than boys so I'm screwed.  My infant is hitting benchmarks about a month or two faster than his older brother did...save that whole sleeping through the night bit.  Raising children is fun and expensive!!!

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #824 on: 21 February 2015, 21:43:03 »
I'm pretty sure duct tape would help.  But it would probably get you arrested too.  Stupid laws, all they do is get in the way all the time. :)
Sunrise is Coming.

foxbat

• Tunnel Rat
  • Global Moderator
  • Captain
    • classicbattletech.fr
« Reply #825 on: 22 February 2015, 14:35:17 »
Greattttt...

Suddenly I'm happy these things were not so widespread as they are now when mt kids were that young...  I had started my BT minis collection otoh, though...;D
Best luck with your toddler, GS!
Hanse Davion is my shepherd.
We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender! Winston Churchill, June 1940

greatsarcasmo

• Fabricator General
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ordo Scriptorum
« Reply #826 on: 22 February 2015, 18:44:57 »
Suddenly I'm happy these things were not so widespread as they are now when mt kids were that young...  I had started my BT minis collection otoh, though...;D
Best luck with your toddler, GS!
My minis used to be safe in the basement, but she's become quite adroit at navigating stairs... I made the mistake of showing her the basement, she loves my hobby room.

Maker of big things.

Charlie 6

• Captain
« Reply #827 on: 22 February 2015, 20:34:16 »
My minis used to be safe in the basement, but she's become quite adroit at navigating stairs... I made the mistake of showing her the basement, she loves my hobby room.

My oldest son's favorite request is, "Go downstairs; play in Daddy's Office?!"  In the last two days, he's peed on the floor once (diaper training failure) and broke a piece of 30+ year old Lego.

nerd

• Captain
  • Nunc Partus-Ready Now
    • Traveller Adventures
« Reply #828 on: 22 February 2015, 21:59:28 »
I just finished another weekend of playing Navy.

I'm actually looking forward to the week. I'm not doing my PT tax prep work as much this week, but next month....
M. T. Thompson
Don of the Starslayer Mafia
Member of the AFFS High Command

foxbat

• Tunnel Rat
  • Global Moderator
  • Captain
    • classicbattletech.fr
« Reply #829 on: 23 February 2015, 11:38:49 »
Nice set up you have, GS. Hopefully that will bring your kid yo the hobby. One's never too young for a first taste of metal crack!  ;)

(just make sure she understans that they're delicate)
Hanse Davion is my shepherd.
We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender! Winston Churchill, June 1940

Charlie 6

• Captain
« Reply #830 on: 27 February 2015, 21:23:31 »
Well it is official, I've a retirement date of 01 July 2016.  First time in nearly 20 years that my contract says anything other than 'indefinite'.

I hope you all have a nice weekend.

boilerman

• Lieutenant
  • Spinning wrenches since 1968.
« Reply #831 on: 27 February 2015, 23:23:22 »
That will be a nice tidy little sum starting on July 2nd. Congrats on holding out C6. My dad said you needed to draw your retirement for 20 years to get your full due, then it's all icing on the cake.
Avatar by Wombat. Thanks Wombat!

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
« Reply #832 on: 28 February 2015, 04:39:12 »
Well it is official, I've a retirement date of 01 July 2016.  First time in nearly 20 years that my contract says anything other than 'indefinite'.

I hope you all have a nice weekend.

Congratulations, I guess?

Charlie 6

• Captain
« Reply #833 on: 28 February 2015, 07:23:00 »

Congratulations, I guess?
Part "hey there is light at end of the tunnel" and my career saying, "hey jackass, this is me we're talking about!"

Anyway, I'm taking a week off soon to figure out my next year.  What are you up to this weekend?
« Last Edit: 28 February 2015, 10:17:52 by Charlie 6 »

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
« Reply #834 on: 28 February 2015, 09:20:07 »
Part "hey there is light at end of the tunnel" and my career saying, "hey jackass, this is me we're talking about!"

Anyway, I'm taking a week off soon to my next year.  What are you up to this weekend?

I'm trying to work on an essay for my Masters today - reading papers to try to work out what to put in my essay - then tomorrow I'm back to work. I'm mildly viral so not running but aim to go for a decent walk in a bit.

The only other thing is trying to put together a comfort package for a friend currently deployed (and very very bored) aboard RFA Argus - sweets, a book I don't mind adding to the ship's library, a tube of wasabi paste and a colouring book and pencils at the moment. I need to write her a cover note.

Not a lot else.

Charlie 6

• Captain
« Reply #835 on: 28 February 2015, 11:03:24 »

I'm trying to work on an essay for my Masters today - reading papers to try to work out what to put in my essay - then tomorrow I'm back to work. I'm mildly viral so not running but aim to go for a decent walk in a bit.

The only other thing is trying to put together a comfort package for a friend currently deployed (and very very bored) aboard RFA Argus - sweets, a book I don't mind adding to the ship's library, a tube of wasabi paste and a colouring book and pencils at the moment. I need to write her a cover note.

Not a lot else.
That's very generous of you.  I'm it will be appreciated.

We've potty training and dinner with church folk tonight.

nerd

• Captain
  • Nunc Partus-Ready Now
    • Traveller Adventures
« Reply #836 on: 28 February 2015, 11:36:11 »
I've got work today, and then looking at wedding rings with the fiancee tomorrow.
M. T. Thompson
Don of the Starslayer Mafia
Member of the AFFS High Command

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #837 on: 28 February 2015, 11:36:21 »
That's very generous of you.  I'm it will be appreciated.

We've potty training and dinner with church folk tonight.
The church folk need potty training? ;D
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Charlie 6

• Captain
« Reply #838 on: 28 February 2015, 12:09:36 »
The church folk need potty training? ;D
Indeed since nearly half are toddlers.  Well played though.  The church has organized dinner rotations with folks of similar family situations.  Could be fun or a disaster.

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
« Reply #839 on: 28 February 2015, 12:37:27 »
Indeed since nearly half are toddlers.  Well played though.  The church has organized dinner rotations with folks of similar family situations.  Could be fun or a disaster.

Aim for fun: encourage everyone to make use of the splash matts?

Trip to get the parcel bag also netted more sweets and some interesting looking curried peas as a savoury snack

Register