Author Topic: AFFS High Command, Suns Transcendent!  (Read 182940 times)

Charlie 6

• Captain
Re: AFFS High Command, Suns Transcendent!
« Reply #990 on: 23 October 2015, 05:33:46 »
Men can get this? Color me somewhat surprised.
Worse, even the Marine Corps will give men 10 days per kid.  What their not happy about is taking time off for a sick kid...which I'm doing now because the has a job now and is traveling.  Yahtzee!

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
  • user briefly known as Khan of Clan Sex Panther
« Reply #991 on: 24 October 2015, 05:18:40 »
Worse, even the Marine Corps will give men 10 days per kid.  What their not happy about is taking time off for a sick kid...which I'm doing now because the has a job now and is traveling.  Yahtzee!

Suboptimal

Tell them it is a command exercise to simulate you being a battle casualty or are unexpectedly deployed to see how your colleagues cope?
Avatar stollen from spacebattles.com motivational posters thread

ChanMan: "Capellan Ingenuity: The ability to lose battles to Davion forces in new and implausible ways"

Charlie 6

• Captain
« Reply #992 on: 24 October 2015, 12:25:16 »

Suboptimal

Tell them it is a command exercise to simulate you being a battle casualty or are unexpectedly deployed to see how your colleagues cope?
Actually my co-workers have reason.  With me leaving in six months (whoo hoo) one of them asked that I stop doing so much planning in my head and share some of my techniques.  Right now we're trying to build a process for aggregating forces.  What I'm neglecting is my physical fitness and job research.  Oh well...

How is everyone else's weekend progressing?

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
« Reply #993 on: 24 October 2015, 12:43:30 »
Today has been a gentle/slump day spent mostly on the sofa although I've just been for a short run in the rain with Rosie

Tomorrow I need to work and hope to get a longer run fitted in too

My new commute to work involves about 5 miles of walking per day though so I'm happy I'm getting fitness in generally

ChanMan: "Capellan Ingenuity: The ability to lose battles to Davion forces in new and implausible ways"

Davout73

• Captain
« Reply #994 on: 24 October 2015, 19:38:46 »
The Royals are going back to the World Series, the wife and I celebrated our 16th, and I didn't kill my Mother in Law today when she came over for lunch.  Got a decent amount of stained glass done, won my HoI3 Random game, so I'm sitting at the top of the Bell Curve.

Which means only one thing...

Dav

Actually my co-workers have reason.  With me leaving in six months (whoo hoo) one of them asked that I stop doing so much planning in my head and share some of my techniques.  Right now we're trying to build a process for aggregating forces.  What I'm neglecting is my physical fitness and job research.  Oh well...

How is everyone else's weekend progressing?
Kiiro no Torii, a Battletech AU, found here:
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,7316.0.html
Interview with a Mercenary, found here: http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,319.0.html
Every Man Must Be Tempted, a KNT Universe series: https://bg.battletech.com/forums/fan-fiction/every-man-must-be-tempted
"Violence is the last resort of the incompetent, because the competent use it when it could do some good."

Charlie 6

• Captain
« Reply #995 on: 24 October 2015, 19:58:50 »
The Royals are going back to the World Series, the wife and I celebrated our 16th, and I didn't kill my Mother in Law today when she came over for lunch.  Got a decent amount of stained glass done, won my HoI3 Random game, so I'm sitting at the top of the Bell Curve.

Which means only one thing...

Dav
Dav, I do not understand the second sentence in the slightest but that is my problem.  I'd like to commend you on what might the longest running avatar on these boards.  Weren't you using Ms. Hilton on previous versions of the boards since around the time 'A Simple Life' aired on Fox?

Davout73

• Captain
« Reply #996 on: 24 October 2015, 23:14:44 »
Dav, I do not understand the second sentence in the slightest but that is my problem.

One of my other hobbies is Stained Glass Making.  I am in the middle of fifteen 12 point Moravian Stars for the kids on my side of the family, and a 3 panel nativity set that is turning into a time sink. 
I play Hearts of Iron 3 a bit, there's a mod for it called Random HoI, it essentially randomly "builds" countries on the existing map, and with a couple of additional mods it's quite fun.  I created my own country for it, added it to the game file, and have been having fun with it. Its one of those games I start playing and three hours later its "How did four hours pass."

I'd like to commend you on what might the longest running avatar on these boards.  Weren't you using Ms. Hilton on previous versions of the boards since around the time 'A Simple Life' aired on Fox?

Yes.  And it's not photoshopped either, which shocks some people.

:-)
Kiiro no Torii, a Battletech AU, found here:
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,7316.0.html
Interview with a Mercenary, found here: http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,319.0.html
Every Man Must Be Tempted, a KNT Universe series: https://bg.battletech.com/forums/fan-fiction/every-man-must-be-tempted
"Violence is the last resort of the incompetent, because the competent use it when it could do some good."

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #997 on: 08 November 2015, 14:51:25 »
If you're the praying sort, I'd appreciate prayers for a friend of mine's family.  His youngest is going through some teenage issues that have unfortunately become distressingly public in our small town of ~6000.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

Force of Nature

• Lieutenant
  • Battletech and Paintball. Life is good.
« Reply #998 on: 09 November 2015, 22:46:07 »
Prayers for me also if you would. I going through a divorce and am also unemployed...

3rdCrucisLancers

• SAVAGE
  • Freelance Writer
  • Captain
  • Smallest star in the firmament
« Reply #999 on: 12 November 2015, 23:43:11 »
Prayers for me also if you would. I going through a divorce and am also unemployed...

Really sorry to hear that, Force. Best wishes to you -- hope all turns out for the best.
Fighter of the Nightman (ah-ah-ah)
Champion of the Sun (ah-ah-ah)

Force of Nature

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1000 on: 15 November 2015, 14:54:10 »
Thank you 3CL. I appreciate it.

Force

Charlie 6

• Captain
« Reply #1001 on: 15 November 2015, 15:06:45 »
Take it one day at a time.  I can't imagine what you're going through.

S/F

Matt

Lord Harlock

• Captain
  • Watching from the Shadows
« Reply #1002 on: 21 November 2015, 15:23:20 »
Force, you are in my prays. I would have responded sooner, but dreading and then going through nasal polyp surgery took it out of me for two weeks.

Generalstoner

• Corporal
  • "Iron Within. Iron Without."
« Reply #1003 on: 23 December 2015, 21:43:41 »
Glad to see the old AFFSHC still is around.  Hello Gentlemen, Generalstoner reporting back to the AFFSHC as ordered.  Hopefully some of the old guard is still around to welcome this old grognard back!
Twelve Highlanders and a Bagpipe make a Rebellion.

Force of Nature

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1004 on: 23 December 2015, 22:38:40 »
Thank you for the kind words Charlie 6 and Lord Harlock. I appreciate it.

Force

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1005 on: 26 December 2015, 20:16:30 »
Well, while heading back to my apartment after a late Christmas dinner with mom's side of the family I was in a wreck this afternoon.  Aside from some glass slivers in my left hand, airbag burn on my right forearm, and a bruise from the shoulder strap I'm fine.  Car's, well, a wreck.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

Charlie 6

• Captain
« Reply #1006 on: 26 December 2015, 22:57:09 »
Well, while heading back to my apartment after a late Christmas dinner with mom's side of the family I was in a wreck this afternoon.  Aside from some glass slivers in my left hand, airbag burn on my right forearm, and a bruise from the shoulder strap I'm fine.  Car's, well, a wreck.
"So, how was the play Mrs. Lincoln?"

Much more seriously, at least you're (generally) all right.  Sorry about the car; any chance insurance will cover it? 
« Last Edit: 26 December 2015, 23:10:36 by Charlie 6 »

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1007 on: 27 December 2015, 00:21:33 »
Well, I'm no insurance adjuster, but I think the damage looks worse than it is.  A lot of mangled hood, fender, bumper, etc, but it sat there running for several minutes while I was making sure the other two drivers were out of their vehicles, until I remembered to go shut it off.  So I don't think the really important stuff was hurt.  But then again I'm probably being unjustifiably optimistic because I don't want to have to deal with shopping for another car.  And that was the first new car I ever bought, so I'm probably a little sentimental about keeping it.  I took some pictures, which I'd post, but they're too big.  Not sure how to shrink them on my phone, and I'll be away from my PC for the next couple of days.
Sunrise is Coming.

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1008 on: 27 December 2015, 00:23:55 »
See if this link to where I posted the pics on Facebook works: link

Mine is the gray Nissan, as you may have guessed.
Sunrise is Coming.

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
« Reply #1009 on: 27 December 2015, 04:39:37 »
The crumple zones in modern cars mean you are fine but the structure may well be a write off

I hope all is well/are well

London was surprisingly busy with traffic when I was driving to/from my Parental Units on Christmas Day

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1010 on: 15 January 2016, 21:02:22 »
A guy I went to school and church with since I was five years old died in a construction accident on the job today.  28 years old.  Pray for his family, if y'all would.
Sunrise is Coming.

David CGB

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1011 on: 16 January 2016, 19:20:11 »
a great shame
Federated Suns fan forever, Ghost Bear Fan since 1992, and as a Ghost Bear David Bekker star captain (in an Alt TL Loremaster)

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
« Reply #1012 on: 06 February 2016, 14:16:38 »
How fair you good gentlemen people sophonts?

Charlie 6

• Captain
« Reply #1013 on: 06 February 2016, 15:03:11 »
How fair you good gentlemen people sophonts?
Savoring a few quiet moments while the boys nap and the wife is out of the house.  Only 53 days and a wake-up until my last day of work.  Fortunately, I've enough leave and allowance to take 90 days to complete my job hunt.  'till then:  networking.

How are you doing, my friend?

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
« Reply #1014 on: 06 February 2016, 15:05:56 »
Savoring a few quiet moments while the boys nap and the wife is out of the house.  Only 53 days and a wake-up until my last day of work.  Fortunately, I've enough leave and allowance to take 90 days to complete my job hunt.  'till then:  networking.

How are you doing, my friend?

Thanks to citalopram, cognitive behavioural therapy and mentoring... better!

I still have over a year before I need to find myself a job (I hope) as my training isn't due to finish until April 2017

Charlie 6

• Captain
« Reply #1015 on: 06 February 2016, 20:35:46 »

Thanks to citalopram, cognitive behavioural therapy and mentoring... better!

I still have over a year before I need to find myself a job (I hope) as my training isn't due to finish until April 2017
I'm glad you're doing better.

I forget that combined with all of your medical training that you're just getting ready to start 'working'.  It reminds me of my college roommate who was on the Teddy Roosevelt Carrier Battlegroup in '99 arriving in the Med on his first deployment as I was ending my second of three MEU deployments to the Med.  In context, flight school engenders enough of a delay and is a long enough process that I completed a year at The Basic School and Fort Sill combined followed by another two years of deployment workups and deployments.  By the time he left the Navy, I'd already knocked out five deployments and two years of school to his two deployments.

Force, how are you doing this days?

AW, how did the car episode end up?

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1016 on: 06 February 2016, 21:41:34 »
Insurance company finally got me the check monday.  Got a 2012 Kia Soul.

Oh by the way, I've got a bunch of job stuff coming up in the next few weeks; interview with the state Department of Parks & Tourism, Physical Fitness tests I have to pass to be considered for jobs with Arkansas State Police and Game & Fish Commission, and possibly an interview with a local law firm as a case manager in one of their offices.  Lots of options, if they all go well.  Given my druthers, I'd pick the State Trooper or Wildlife Officer spots, but I've still got to see what (if anything) I'm actually offered.
Sunrise is Coming.

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
« Reply #1017 on: 07 February 2016, 03:25:22 »

Oh by the way, I've got a bunch of job stuff coming up in the next few weeks; interview with the state Department of Parks & Tourism, Physical Fitness tests I have to pass to be considered for jobs with Arkansas State Police and Game & Fish Commission, and possibly an interview with a local law firm as a case manager in one of their offices.  Lots of options, if they all go well.  Given my druthers, I'd pick the State Trooper or Wildlife Officer spots, but I've still got to see what (if anything) I'm actually offered.

Good luck!

I'm glad you're doing better.

I forget that combined with all of your medical training that you're just getting ready to start 'working'.  It reminds me of my college roommate who was on the Teddy Roosevelt Carrier Battlegroup in '99 arriving in the Med on his first deployment as I was ending my second of three MEU deployments to the Med.  In context, flight school engenders enough of a delay and is a long enough process that I completed a year at The Basic School and Fort Sill combined followed by another two years of deployment workups and deployments.  By the time he left the Navy, I'd already knocked out five deployments and two years of school to his two deployments.

AW, how did the car episode end up?

At least they've been paying me since 2004

I've also managed to hurt my leg so can't run and am struggling to walk. Musculoskeletal stuff not being my area of interest, I asked some friends and one reckons it's my soleus muscle 😢

Lord Harlock

• Captain
  • Watching from the Shadows
« Reply #1018 on: 07 February 2016, 17:53:08 »

Go with what you think is best, but always remember, it least you got Soul.  ;)

Force of Nature

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1019 on: 08 February 2016, 22:02:51 »

Still looking for a job, selling the house (three viewings so far since it went on the market last Wednesday) and hopefully divorced by mid March.

Definitely a low point in my life to say the least.

Once I get a job though, I plan on buying a house or townhouse of my own and start dating again.

In other words, I refuse to be one of those people that wallow in ones past and remain there. I am excited about my future though. Especially the dating part. If you happen to know any single available women between 40 and 47 years old that don't smoke or have tattoos and are gamers (gold points) especially Battletech (Platinum points!) in the northern Illinois area, point them my way.  O0

Thanks for asking Charlie6.

Register