Author Topic: What did you just eat?  (Read 786 times)

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
Re: What did you just eat?
« Reply #30 on: 20 May 2024, 21:15:19 »
Interesting.  Was there something done to the portabellas to try and approximate the texture of pizza crust?

I did not. Might try to do so next time, but they were quite decent as was.

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

gyedid

• Captain
  • Always brighter on the other side of the mirror.
« Reply #31 on: 20 May 2024, 21:56:33 »
Chinese hotpot at Haidilao Montreal.  They really try hard to make you think you’re at one of their restaurants in China itself.
(and let’s just say I was there more than a few times during my years in China).

Cheers,

Gabe
So, now I'm imagining people boxing up Overlords for loading as cargo.  "Nope, totally not a DropShip.  Everyone knows you can't fit a DropShip in a WarShip!  It's...a ten thousand ton box of marshmallows!  Yeah.  For the Heavy Guards big annual smores party."
--Arkansas Warrior, on the possibility of carrying Dropships as cargo in Warship cargo bays.

TERRAN SUPREMACY DEFENSE FORCE.  For when you want to send the SLDF, but couldn't afford the whole kit and kaboodle.

Triptych

• Lieutenant
    • My Amazon Author Page
« Reply #32 on: 21 May 2024, 06:49:30 »
Chickpea and onion curry, steamed buckwheat rice, salad with roasted sesame seed dressing. Apple for dessert.

Brother Jim

• Lieutenant
« Reply #33 on: 21 May 2024, 13:01:29 »
I woke up late, but it's my day off, so I had brunch.

A devil's food cake donut with chocolate frosting.

Then a sammich. whole wheat bun with yellow and spicy brown mustard, a slice of sharp cheddar and pepper jack cheeses, two slices of cotto salami, about a quarter inch of thin sliced, cracked black pepper turkey breast and 4 slices of sammich sized pepperoni.

Washed the sammich down with Mountain Dew Zero Purple Thunder.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #34 on: 22 May 2024, 16:47:18 »
Half a left-over baked chicken breast,  diced up, reheated, & turned into Tacos!
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Euphonium

• Captain
  • Look Ma, no Faction!
« Reply #35 on: 22 May 2024, 16:48:20 »
Stir-fried tofu in black bean sauce with mixed veg and rice
>>>>[You're only jealous because the voices don't talk to you]<<<<

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #36 on: 22 May 2024, 18:46:41 »
Salad with shredded iceberg lettuce, diced green bell pepper, red onion and cucumber, shredded cheddar cheese and boiled egg, reduced sodium real bacon bits and sugar free G Hughes thousand island salad dressing.

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #37 on: 22 May 2024, 20:31:22 »
I've seen G Hughes barbecue sauce before, but never salad dressing.  Is it any good?
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #38 on: 22 May 2024, 21:11:51 »
its a bit of comfort food for me i usually make it on warm days
white rice chilled with strawberry mixed with sweetened sourcream( container of sour cream mix it with sugar usually  two table spoons or add to taste but usually  two  table spoons is more than enough  mix it all with container of strawaberries either crushed or blended toghether) afyer its mixed just pour over white chilled rice....enjoy
if rice is nit available switch it to egg noodle of strawbberies are not available use cinnamon
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Garrand

• Warrant Officer
  • "Nicht kleckern, klotzen!"
« Reply #39 on: 22 May 2024, 22:08:58 »
Black Forest Ham sandwich, with swiss cheese, on seeded rye bread, with German mustard, along with some BBQ potato chips & a diet coke.

Damon.
Book Blog: bookslikedust.blogspot.com
Minis Blog: minislikedust.blogspot.com

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #40 on: 23 May 2024, 11:58:32 »
I've seen G Hughes barbecue sauce before, but never salad dressing.  Is it any good?

Some of them. Not too fond of others.

There’s also dipping sauces and marinades. Love the sweet Thai chili.

Ruger

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #41 on: 25 May 2024, 21:43:20 »
Today I decided to go to a place I haven't been to in five or six years.  The restaurants in the food court are all different from the last time i was there, but I had a chili burger and garlic herb fries for dinner- been over a year since I've had a chili burger, then went to a different shop and got a cup of chocolate mousse for dessert.  Good times.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #42 on: 25 May 2024, 22:18:18 »
Threw together white beans, butternut squash, mushrooms, onions and some coconut milk with curry spice into an instant pot and let cook for 20 minutes.  Very tasty.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #43 on: 25 May 2024, 22:27:10 »
my friend is crashing over my place for few days...so i introduced him to a cauluflower in stir fried bread crumbs
basically you steam the veggie put half a stick of butter on frying pan with bread crumbs stir them till golden brown add crumbs until they dont clump but dont turn dry
then pour the crumbs over cauliflower which had been taken or cut apart...serve hot you can do same with green string beans or yellow
had not had it before guess who had 5 servings to my one....
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #44 on: 26 May 2024, 12:34:22 »
dissappointment
my friend thought it would be funny to touch anything i cook with out me saying go ahead...burned my cutlets to a black powder and set off smoke alarm....
there is a reason NO ONE and i mean NO ONE is allowed to touch things in the kitchen when i cook

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #45 on: 26 May 2024, 15:20:47 »
Did he twist the dials on the stove all the way up or something?

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #46 on: 26 May 2024, 17:49:03 »
thought it would be funny to add oil to dishes i never use oil
i dont use oil on my cooking

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #47 on: 26 May 2024, 18:16:08 »
Seriously uncool.  I take it he's permanently not invited back?

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #48 on: 26 May 2024, 19:00:23 »
Moroccan mint lemonade, shrimp torpedoes, soft shell crab tempura, okonomiyaki, creamy uni udon.

Foodieland Food fest in San Francisco

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #49 on: 26 May 2024, 19:39:46 »
Seriously uncool.  I take it he's permanently not invited back?
told him i can let go a lot of things but mess with MT kitchen even by accident he will find himself eating things that normally even a billy goat would avoid and he will have broken fingers. MY KITCHEN MY RULES

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #50 on: 26 May 2024, 20:24:40 »
Moroccan mint lemonade, shrimp torpedoes, soft shell crab tempura, okonomiyaki, creamy uni udon.

Foodieland Food fest in San Francisco

Sounds delicious, but what's a shrimp torpedo?

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #51 on: Today at 02:22:15 »
Basically a whole shrimp with an eggroll cover, fried.  Kinda looks like a Torpedo when done that way.

Sounds delicious, but what's a shrimp torpedo?