Author Topic: Mercenaries Kickstarter Discussion 6: the 1st 3rd Star League conversation  (Read 67067 times)

riposte

• Corporal
Roughly 100 plus taxes to Australia for a large order ($1000+) so happy with that.

Sapphirus

• Lieutenant
  • I dunno, here's Cirno shrugging...
My shipping's $242.61 and the total's $260.20... Come one paycheck from work! (yes I do have a part-time job)

Aotrs Commander

• Warrant Officer
Just checked - mine appears to have dropped to about $57 (so about £45) which is about half of what was quoted before (ansd about what I actually expected at the time, I think). That's a major improvement.

Lion-Face

• Recruit
Mine came through, I never checked the first time.  50usd on a 400usd order.   I'm completely fine with the price, and considering I'm in New Zealand and was expecting nearly double that.  Makes me wish I could  tack on a few more items :D

cmerwin

• Warrant Officer
  • Clan Nova Cat: True to General Kerensky's Vision!
Roughly 100 plus taxes to Australia for a large order ($1000+) so happy with that.
This is great to hear that international backers aren't getting stiffed. Super pleased to hear that.

Although now I am curious, I'm a Stateside Regimental backer with a couple extra items and shipping is $115 (on a $1000 order).

Would be curious to hear if other Regimental backers have a similar shipping amount? Reeeeeaaaaaalllly hoping there isn't another computer snafu.
"But the nova cat paced steadily on,
Undisturbed by the petty battles...
its heart and mind devoted to
The Ways of Seeing, devoted to a more perfect life.”
-- The Remembrance (Nova Cat), 50.5.26-32.

Teejay75

• Private
Mine dropped about $48USD. $610 order and my shipping is now $110. I was hoping for less but any less is still a win I reckon. Now it's been so long since I had to pay the original pledge, I've forgotten how to pay on backerkit. Can we pay now or do we have to wait until later to pay? Sorry y'all. Covid brain sucks.

Teejay75

• Private
This is great to hear that international backers aren't getting stiffed. Super pleased to hear that.

Although now I am curious, I'm a Stateside Regimental backer with a couple extra items and shipping is $115 (on a $1000 order).

Would be curious to hear if other Regimental backers have a similar shipping amount? Reeeeeaaaaaalllly hoping there isn't another computer snafu.
I got the regiment and had $110 in extras. My shipping to Alabama is $110.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
Mine dropped about a 1/3. Now about 17% of charge, and being charged state shipping charge, which is something new.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

MarauderD

• Major
I got the regiment and had $110 in extras. My shipping to Alabama is $110.

A stones throw from Georgia and still $110?  Sheesh, I’m scared to look.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
My shipping dropped by $103.86.

Hydrofoil Goat

• Sergeant
Mine only dropped $7 but wasn't unreasonable anyway, not complaining about $160 on a $2k+ order to Australia

Broken_Metal_Dreaming

• Private
Some folks (myself included) who were part of the spot check are seeing price increases. Will have to wait until tomorrow as backerkit and QML are out of the office for any news on that front.

During spotcheck my big pledge was quoted at $150 ish and now seeing $260. (that pledge is 2k worth of stuff so $260 isn't completely reasonable if it is the correct number but it doesn't match with the earlier dataset quoted by Rem.)

My smaller spotchecked pledge was quoted as 120 ish and is now showing $68 or so so it actually went down. So obviously something still hinky with the data. or it was wrong during the spotcheck.
« Last Edit: 29 April 2024, 21:21:13 by Broken_Metal_Dreaming »

thedancingjoker

• Master Sergeant
On my $1168 pledge I have a shipping cost of $187, which is one hell of a lot better than the $397 the previous quote was.  I had hoped for the 150-160ish range, but this isn’t that bad.

Wolf72

• Captain
mine reduced from 30% to 20% ... still at $101, still seems high for a $505 order.  Should we hit up the CGL link in KS yet, or wait?
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

cmerwin

• Warrant Officer
Mine dropped about $48USD. $610 order and my shipping is now $110. I was hoping for less but any less is still a win I reckon. Now it's been so long since I had to pay the original pledge, I've forgotten how to pay on backerkit. Can we pay now or do we have to wait until later to pay? Sorry y'all. Covid brain sucks.
Not COVID brain, or at least I don't think so. Had the same situation. Was going to just pay my shipping anyway to be done and done, but didn't see where on Backerkit I could pay. You aren't the only one.

cmerwin

• Warrant Officer
mine reduced from 30% to 20% ... still at $101, still seems high for a $505 order.  Should we hit up the CGL link in KS yet, or wait?
Yeah, not sure where you are geographically, but that does seem a bit high relative to what other folk are reporting. Again, not meaning to be a spanner in the works, I really want this to go through easily, but I also don't want folk to be paying too much because of a computer error. I know Catalyst is trying to do right by us, but we can all help to spotcheck each other.
« Last Edit: 29 April 2024, 21:25:08 by cmerwin »

Wingman

• Recruit

You can pay now by Paypal in backerkit  (There is a button for Paypal pay if you have a balance). Otherwise, you have to wait for it to be locked or contact BackerKit to process the charge now on our credit card.  My new shipping price was really close to what I expected all along and wanted it in this month's calendar  for other reasons so I just paid it off tonight using paypal.

Wolf72

• Captain
@cmerwin upstate NY, relatively urban area.  Should not be that high imo.
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
I'm not following this super duper closely for mental health reasons (:wink:). Is the current charge on the Backerkit survey now the appropriate charge?
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Prometheum5

• Sergeant
I'm not checking anything until I get actual notification through Kickstarter, where such communication belongs.

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
Mine dropped from 200 20mthing to 68. However, it still has "State Shipping tax." Florida doesn't have shipping tax that I was aware of? Is this we have to pay for shipping tax from the point of origin?
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Charistoph

• Major
State shipping tax is showing up in Arizona, which is odd.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

Teejay75

• Private
You can pay now by Paypal in backerkit  (There is a button for Paypal pay if you have a balance). Otherwise, you have to wait for it to be locked or contact BackerKit to process the charge now on our credit card.  My new shipping price was really close to what I expected all along and wanted it in this month's calendar  for other reasons so I just paid it off tonight using paypal.
Thanks!

Teejay75

• Private
A stones throw from Georgia and still $110?  Sheesh, I’m scared to look.
I'm on the Western side of the state, near Tuscaloosa. Still, I know what you mean. I was hoping that my shipping would've been less since I'm only one state away but at this point, I just want my toys and swag. I'll gladly pay the new total. I did a regiment pledge so maybe that has something to do with it?

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
I'm wondering how many people who are getting $100+ for shipping in the US got neoprene mats in their orders or ordered at the regiment or higher pledge level.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
I'm wondering how many people who are getting $100+ for shipping in the US got neoprene mats in their orders or ordered at the regiment or higher pledge level.

Oh yeah that's a good call. The BFMs are very awkward sizes.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

ISD

• Master Sergeant
    • Project Mumblings
Wow, this was unexpected: my shipping was about 55 bald eagles before and now dropped to 49 freedom coins. Not complaining about the direction but I also won't hold my breath yet :tongue:
Clan Jade Falcon
Gamma Galaxy
3rd Falcon Talon Cluster

Broken_Metal_Dreaming

• Private
State shipping tax is showing up in Arizona, which is odd.

Arizona started charging state tax on drop shipping, Moderator in the discord said it was being looked at to verify if this qualifies as such among other state and regional issues.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
My shipping dropped to about $55, which is very welcome. I got a Battalion and a couple add-ons, but no neoprene matts.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Australian here. Shipping dropped to about 10% of my order, with sales tax adding another 10% (not QML's issue.) So shipping dropped by about a third.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Register