Author Topic: Random timeout errors?  (Read 283 times)

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
Random timeout errors?
« on: 20 February 2024, 19:45:25 »
I keep regularly getting this error when attempting to post:

"The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message."

Not all the time (obviously if you're reading this) but often enough to be aggravating, and I find myself unable to post for up to an hour at a time because of it. It also doesn't act the way I would expect to recieve a Time Out error for. I get the error as soon as I hit the post button, regardless of how fast it takes me to create the post.

Anybody else having this problem?

related: I tried logging out and logging back in to see if that would help, only to be told this gem when I clicked logout: "Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again."

That's... what I was trying to do.
« Last Edit: 22 February 2024, 02:14:42 by Liam's Ghost »
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
Re: Random timeout errors?
« Reply #1 on: 22 February 2024, 10:21:34 »
Some work has been done to the forum over the last few days, including the DNS. Are you still receiving timeouts? There is an outstanding issue with email and PM notifications causing some issues if your profile settings include certain notifications over replies. 

BeemerCon Summarized. Knightmare, end of turn: "How come none of my weapons fired?"
Look, dude, when you are a real mechwarrior you don't need to get all dressed up in cooling suits and cool helmets to work on your mech. You just strip down to your 1980s panties and crop top vest and start wrenchin' it.
Yen Lo Wang = David Lo Pan

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #2 on: 22 February 2024, 22:32:37 »
None since yesterday so far
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #3 on: 23 February 2024, 04:26:31 »
Reports are still slow to post, but no actual timeouts.