Author Topic: Sore Thumbs III: What Non-BT Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 10806 times)

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
Re: Sore Thumbs III: What Non-BT Video Games Are You Playing?
« Reply #150 on: 19 April 2024, 16:50:34 »
Slay the Spire. Never played this before. It's fun!

i hate when games are amazing but spawn a billion inferior imitators that flood my steam store queue. stop showing me rogue-like deck builders. i already played the best one.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

chanman

• Major
  • Architect of suffering
« Reply #151 on: 19 April 2024, 17:27:43 »
i hate when games are amazing but spawn a billion inferior imitators that flood my steam store queue. stop showing me rogue-like deck builders. i already played the best one.

I remember playing Crying Suns and it was... okay. I liked the atmosphere and art for sure, but the tactical combat and events* certainly had me missing FTL.

*Crying Suns had an insufficiently deep amount of events available that they almost always began to repeat. And the push-your-luck risk element was gone too because the events had preset resolutions instead of being probability based. Ie, this character would always betray you, and that faction was always trustworthy, etc.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #152 on: 20 April 2024, 10:40:01 »
the unofficial successor to star control 2 the irquan master has a sequel in the works
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/rpg/the-long-awaited-sequel-to-the-ur-quan-masters-hits-its-crowdfunding-target-in-less-than-four-hours-and-theyre-not-kidding-about-that-dollar44-million-stretch-goal/
hope they will keep crossplatform on it you can play urquan masters  both android and windows
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #153 on: 20 April 2024, 14:51:59 »
well this one showed up in my radar
steel republic rail defender
resource transport managment with panzer trains still in beta but has potential
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Sapphirus

• Lieutenant
  • I dunno, here's Cirno shrugging...

Triptych

• Lieutenant
    • My Amazon Author Page
« Reply #155 on: 21 April 2024, 02:34:36 »
the unofficial successor to star control 2 the irquan master has a sequel in the works
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/rpg/the-long-awaited-sequel-to-the-ur-quan-masters-hits-its-crowdfunding-target-in-less-than-four-hours-and-theyre-not-kidding-about-that-dollar44-million-stretch-goal/
hope they will keep crossplatform on it you can play urquan masters  both android and windows

Ooh! When I was a kid I used to sleep over at my friends house because I was so addicted to that game. Cant wait till it comes out.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #156 on: 21 April 2024, 11:41:43 »
you think sc2 was addictive? try urquan masters....
btw started reading your book got as far as first page and i dropped my tablet...cracked and shattered...rip 2 years worth of good service...getting replacement this weekend tho....

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #157 on: 24 April 2024, 11:01:18 »
long awaited mod for fallout 4 fallout london is officially postponed for few weeks while code is modded to be compatible with current fo4 update
i was waiting for this one too

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #158 on: 24 April 2024, 11:40:26 »
long awaited mod for fallout 4 fallout london is officially postponed for few weeks while code is modded to be compatible with current fo4 update
i was waiting for this one too

Yet, as I do not play on PC (something that long I enjoy on my X-Box/PS5 so I can kick back in a recliner couch and play on my 65" TV). it is not available for Console, so.... :cry:
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Prospernia

• Lieutenant
« Reply #159 on: 29 April 2024, 17:36:20 »
I miss Star-Control, Sega-Genesis: it was cool and I learned when fighting against a human-player, to be as aggressive as possible.  Then, I got a Game-Genie and would modify it.  From five-planets to being able to release, like twenty dogs.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #160 on: 29 April 2024, 19:33:23 »
I miss Star-Control, Sega-Genesis: it was cool and I learned when fighting against a human-player, to be as aggressive as possible.  Then, I got a Game-Genie and would modify it.  From five-planets to being able to release, like twenty dogs.
my fave race is still suicidal rackoons
and i still giggle at syreen penertator,,,if you are still not giggling at it you lie!

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #161 on: 29 April 2024, 22:08:14 »
you think sc2 was addictive? try urquan masters....
btw started reading your book got as far as first page and i dropped my tablet...cracked and shattered...rip 2 years worth of good service...getting replacement this weekend tho....

Ok I need clarification. I thought Ur Quan Masters was a version of SC2 that resolved the conflict between the devs and Stardock. It is an entirely different game?
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

ISD

• Master Sergeant
    • Project Mumblings
« Reply #162 on: 30 April 2024, 00:19:44 »
Ok I need clarification. I thought Ur Quan Masters was a version of SC2 that resolved the conflict between the devs and Stardock. It is an entirely different game?
UQM is an open-source fan-made remake of SC2, I imagine one of the main things is that it has some more content and is playable on more modern systems than the original (oh, I don't want to count the hours spent on the original back in the day) :cheesy:
One of these years I'll have the time to try this one out myself. But before that I've got some spaghetti to refactor and more production lines to be added in Factorio :tongue:
Clan Jade Falcon
Gamma Galaxy
3rd Falcon Talon Cluster

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #163 on: 30 April 2024, 08:18:42 »
urquan masters was indie expansion of original sc2 it had been around even before sc by stardock by years
it is even on android it was ported after android just became a staple of tablets...
it was i think one of the first games that fandom really expanded on and had been steadly build up on and yes its team still works on it as far as i can tell and been at at since late 2001 early 2002
http://theurquanmasters.com/
history of project is here and it is an open source

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #164 on: 30 April 2024, 08:27:53 »
UQM is an open-source fan-made remake of SC2, I imagine one of the main things is that it has some more content and is playable on more modern systems than the original (oh, I don't want to count the hours spent on the original back in the day) :cheesy:
One of these years I'll have the time to try this one out myself. But before that I've got some spaghetti to refactor and more production lines to be added in Factorio :tongue:
i still enjoy original on sega emulator. abandon ware sites have it but game seems to be broken and even when you run it in dos emulation
i think gog has it too...just checked they do original 1 and 2 pack with sc 3

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #165 on: 30 April 2024, 11:08:32 »
I know Stardock has SC I and II as a pack on Steam.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Prospernia

• Lieutenant
« Reply #166 on: 30 April 2024, 19:55:13 »
my fave race is still suicidal rackoons
and i still giggle at syreen penertator,,,if you are still not giggling at it you lie!

Those two ships sucked the most, so, I think I either destroyed, or almost got an Ur-Quan, with a Scout, without blowing up.

I couldn't take the Syreen's seriously, but I probably could get good at stealing crew.

Star-Control 1, for Sega Genesis, when I first got it, was the only game I stayed up all night, to play it! 

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #167 on: 30 April 2024, 21:07:06 »

Those two ships sucked the most, so, I think I either destroyed, or almost got an Ur-Quan, with a Scout, without blowing up.

I couldn't take the Syreen's seriously, but I probably could get good at stealing crew.

Star-Control 1, for Sega Genesis, when I first got it, was the only game I stayed up all night, to play it!
you kidding? my buddy and i would have marathon weekends on original sc on genesis...one pizza place refused to send out delivery because drivers would stay and play with us lol

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #168 on: 30 April 2024, 22:29:20 »
ok just got my copy of front mission 2
installed it was about to start...and guess who got called in to fix emergency between neighbors....
well the mood is gone ill play tomorrow and i swear ill make their petty squabble look like a vacation in candy land...both know i will do it too

Akamia

• Captain
  • No challenge too great!
« Reply #169 on: 01 May 2024, 08:06:26 »
So Helldivers II grew on me a little bit. I think I play it a little more than the partner I usually play it with does these days. I actually outrank him now. lol

I also have one achievement left to unlock. Gotta get some folks together to help me throw six orbital barrage stratagems into one place. Can't manage that with randos, I don't think. Probably gonna go for it on a low-difficulty drop, where the consequences don't matter a whole lot.

I wonder which barrages count for the purposes of the achievement. There are two I am pretty certain count. If the walking barrage counts too, then it's probably doable with two people, but I don't know that for certain yet.
Let's all go to Cargonia, land of stolen things
Obey the quartermaster unless he is a 'ling
Cargo techs guard the station and find more stuff to take
But the boss is never satisfied until the station breaks...

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #170 on: 01 May 2024, 08:56:05 »
So Helldivers II grew on me a little bit. I think I play it a little more than the partner I usually play it with does these days. I actually outrank him now. lol

I also have one achievement left to unlock. Gotta get some folks together to help me throw six orbital barrage stratagems into one place. Can't manage that with randos, I don't think. Probably gonna go for it on a low-difficulty drop, where the consequences don't matter a whole lot.

I wonder which barrages count for the purposes of the achievement. There are two I am pretty certain count. If the walking barrage counts too, then it's probably doable with two people, but I don't know that for certain yet.

Yep - I need that one as well, but I was able to get the achievement with my son of the Level 7+ Drop where no one fires their main weapon, so we did a defense drop (the ones where you just sit at the drop sit killing Bugs) and tossed out soo many turrets/orbital bombs. We also did the strip the arms off a hulk and extract with it still alive.
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #171 on: 01 May 2024, 13:27:35 »
on 3 hours i am locking my door shutting off the phone and put sign up unless world is ending go away and if it is ending still go away
and going off line for 6 hours so i can finally play front mission 2