Author Topic: Brookfield WI this Saturday 2-26-11  (Read 1688 times)

kbeaudo

• Sergeant
Brookfield WI this Saturday 2-26-11
« on: 23 February 2011, 04:48:43 »
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

We will be playing Classic Battletech at Game Universe in Brookfield, this Saturday 2-26-11 dice start rolling at noon.

John J will be bringing his Mercenary Unit the Motley Crew vs The Solaris Liberation Army.

All are welcome so feel free to join and have some fun

Hope to see you all there.

Kevin

(Fiction non-canon)
Mission brief
System: Solaris 7 – The Game World
Mission#1: Liberate the City
            WP cost: -150
Current Events:

March 25th, 3068
            Fighting breaks out in the smaller 4th and 5th Tier stables.(minor leagues)  While no fighting has been reported in the capital the Solaris Home Defense force has been deployed to ensure that the fighting will not affect the 1st or 2nd tier games.  With the Home Defense force being weakened during the Fedcom Civil War, they are unable to do much to stop the fighting in the lesser cities.   
            Government officials have tried to keep the uprisings quiet, bad for tourism.  Most people following the primary circuit doesn't have a clue on what is going on in the minor circuits.  So as of right now nothing is being reported by the main stream media.  Which means people are dying, but nothing is being done.

March 29th, 2068
            All communication with the city of Wayland cease.  Global news media reports of a contamination accident that forced the city to be evacuated.  Some local news picked up stories of people looking for loved ones, but the government official word is that due to the evacuation evacuees have been relocated all over the planet.  The article about the evacuation was found on page 11, while the first page had last nights primary fight and the other 9 pages were all stats and predictions about who was going to take it all. 

To: Colonel Justin Doons-Steiner
            Date: April 5, 3068

Colonel, I have been told that you maybe able to help me.  I am the Governor of the city of Quetain, the 5th largest city on Solaris 7.  Right now the Solaris Liberation Army has taken control of my city and kicked or killed all of my cabinet advisers and management personnel.  As we speak there is killing a looting going on in the streets.  I talked with the CEO of Solaris and the games commissioner, but only got lip service and a promise that after the finals they would look into the incident.  I was also given a strong warning not to make this into a bigger issue than what it is. 
I will not have my city reduced to ash like Wayland.  I know you don't believe that Wayland had an unfortunate accident, if you did I wouldn't be wasting my time.  I have some other mech forces ready to take Quetain back, just waiting on my word.  I would like to hire your Motley Crew to assist in the liberation of my city.  I will pay twice normal rate for this operation.
Good to hear, I will have my secretary forward the mission plans as soon as possible.

Mission plans:
            Your unit is assigned to attack the southwest suburb known as Kirkland Acres.  Your missions is to smash what forces are there and prevent any reinforcements from entering or leaving.
            The Solaris Liberation Army is a group of religious zealots bent of stopping the games on Solaris7.  They will go to any length to accomplish their goals.  They are not well funded and most of their equipment will be old and out dated.

Kevin B
CBT Commando #259
Wisconsin CBT Campaign Website
http://www.wix.com/kbeaudo/wcgcbt

Register