Author Topic: Clan Protectorate  (Read 202127 times)

Rncavenger

• Master Sergeant
Re: Clan Protectorate
« Reply #840 on: 30 January 2021, 05:00:51 »
 Huntsman now build in clan protectorate. Factory - Clan Protectorate Arms
(Asellus Australis).

Waiting for Nova cat and supernova :)
« Last Edit: 30 January 2021, 05:05:06 by Rncavenger »

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #841 on: 30 January 2021, 12:50:27 »
The Clan Protectorate might have the best stable of Medium Mechs in the setting right now between active production/access to the Shadow Cat, Huntsman, and Mad Cat III.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #842 on: 30 January 2021, 13:03:57 »
A pity MUL doesn't have separate list for the Clan Protectorate. Feels like their available stuff is a bit distinct from Nova Cats, Sea Foxes and the Free Worlds League.

Rncavenger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #843 on: 30 January 2021, 14:26:14 »
      I wonder what the clan protectorate millitary force looks like in 3151.  They had 6 years of peace (exept battle for Marik and some trials whith clan wolf) , new mech factory and many refugeеs from the colapsing republic.
« Last Edit: 30 January 2021, 15:15:21 by Rncavenger »

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #844 on: 30 January 2021, 19:05:54 »
Well, we can say definitively that they have access to brand new, either locally manufactured or Sea Fox-produced trade:

Tiburon (Omicron Cluster, Sea Fox exclusive otherwise)
Shadow Cat (locally produced)
Mongrel  (Sea Fox produced)
Huntsman (locally produced)
Mad Cat III (Sea Fox produced)
Shadow Hawk 7H (FWL produced)
Rifleman (FWL produced)
Vulture Mk IV (Sea Fox produced)
Anzu (FWL produced)
Carronade (FWL produced)
Mad Cat Mk IV (Sea Fox produced)
Mad Cat Mk II (Sea Fox produced)
Juliano (FWL produced)

And that's just stuff off the top of my head that's either produced in a factory within the Protectorate, or with close enough ties that the Protectorate leadership can make a casual phone call to set up lunch with the manufacturer.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #845 on: 30 January 2021, 19:59:58 »
Pretty sure the world the Havoc was produced on ended up part of the Protectorate, so it and the Gambit would be under their aegis.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #846 on: 30 January 2021, 20:04:45 »
Sarna says that's the case, so definitely add those two to the list.  For some reason I always think of the Gambit as a primarily mercenary design.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #847 on: 30 January 2021, 22:30:27 »
I think the MWDA dossier says it was sold off, but we have no clue what happens once the Foxes take control of the world- after all part of the agreement for the Protectorate was the Foxes b/c your export experts.

I have really wanted to see what we can get in those missing 4 or 5 models of the Havoc- especially if one is mixed tech.  Or just a Clan weapon version- cERMLs on the current version we have would be deadly.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Rncavenger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #848 on: 30 January 2021, 23:34:36 »
+ Lupus (Marik factory)

Guardian11

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #849 on: 31 January 2021, 18:03:19 »
The RAT in FM3145 under the FWL sub-state section has the following Mechs listed for the Clan Protectorate, most of which are produced by the Sea Foxes. Kong Interstellar on Connaught is building the Black Knight with Sea Fox provided Clan-tech.
Crimson Hawk 
Koshi Standard 
Black Hawk Standard
Mad Cat III
Vulture Mk IV
BLK-NT-5H Black Knight
Warhammer IIC 4
Mad Cat Mk. II 2

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #850 on: 01 February 2021, 12:25:18 »
I wouldnt mind if the Protectorate got it's hands on the Jenner IIC. Some nice poetry there if they eventually end up fighting the DC directly.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #851 on: 01 February 2021, 12:38:47 »
None of the Jenner IICs really duplicate what the Jenner did- except the speed.  Your Havoc is basically a new Jenner, and IF the Foxes started pumping out a upgraded version- Clan ERMLs and missiles- it would be superior IMO to a Jenner IIC.
Colt Ward

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #852 on: 01 February 2021, 13:12:16 »
I wouldnt mind if the Protectorate got it's hands on the Jenner IIC. Some nice poetry there if they eventually end up fighting the DC directly.
Really wish Jenner IIC had gotten Kickstarter treatment...

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #853 on: 01 February 2021, 14:31:21 »
Would Clanners in the Clan Protectorate use the Quasimodo?

Istal_Devalis

• Major
« Reply #854 on: 02 February 2021, 10:50:39 »
None of the Jenner IICs really duplicate what the Jenner did- except the speed.  Your Havoc is basically a new Jenner, and IF the Foxes started pumping out a upgraded version- Clan ERMLs and missiles- it would be superior IMO to a Jenner IIC.
The Jenner IIC has history with the Nova Cat side of things and plays to elements of Clan humor. Also the Havoc is UGLY.  :P  Although since the Diamond Sharks grabbed the Cizin, it might not be as big a concern. That's essentially a hovertank version of the Jenner as is.

I suspect what I'd really want is a Owens IIC though. Something to give some flexibility to the various light designs out there. We could call it the Lewis. :D
« Last Edit: 02 February 2021, 10:58:03 by Istal_Devalis »

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #855 on: 02 February 2021, 11:32:21 »
Also the Havoc is UGLY.  :P
Thank you. It is unusably ugly.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #856 on: 02 February 2021, 12:33:29 »
The Jenner IIC has history with the Nova Cat side of things and plays to elements of Clan humor. Also the Havoc is UGLY.  :P  Although since the Diamond Sharks grabbed the Cizin, it might not be as big a concern. That's essentially a hovertank version of the Jenner as is.

I suspect what I'd really want is a Owens IIC though. Something to give some flexibility to the various light designs out there. We could call it the Lewis. :D

Thank you. It is unusably ugly.

What??!  The Gambit, sure . . . the Havoc has some nice lines, and being 8/12/5 w/ 4 ERML & SRM4 w/2t ammo and 97% of armor?  VERY useable and aside from the buttflaps the mini is pretty easy to put together.

My main point was the Jenner IIC was not really very Jenner, I know the history.
Colt Ward

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #857 on: 09 February 2021, 15:32:29 »
Do you guys think Clan Protectorate Elemental forces would use various FWL Battle Armor designs?
Probably not as primary suits due to their lack of HarJel but still.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #858 on: 09 February 2021, 15:43:23 »
You also have a lot of other BA available . . .

The GDL Surat, the Clan Med BA of flavors IIRC the Foxes produce, and others.
Colt Ward

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #859 on: 09 February 2021, 17:33:30 »
anyone who thinks the streamlined form of the Havoc is ugly but the blocky misshapen thing that is the Jenner IIC is ugly need to reexamine their sense of beauty.

i mean the Havoc:

vs the jenner IIC.

« Last Edit: 09 February 2021, 17:36:23 by glitterboy2098 »

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #860 on: 09 February 2021, 17:36:51 »
anyone who thinks the streamlined form of the Havoc is ugly but the blocky misshapen thing that is the Jenner IIC is ugly need to reexamine their sense of beauty.

i mean the Havoc:

vs the jenner IIC.

The havoc was one of my favorite looking mechs in DA
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #861 on: 09 February 2021, 22:23:10 »
The havoc was one of my favorite looking mechs in DA
same. i was glad when the TRo came out and it turned out to have an actual good design.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #862 on: 09 February 2021, 23:00:29 »

i mean the Havoc:

vs the jenner IIC.

i have a theory

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Istal_Devalis

• Major
« Reply #863 on: 10 February 2021, 12:11:04 »
The Jenner IIC is a sleek, streamlined design with graceful line. I, in particular, rather like the MWO version. But then I do have a fondness for walking weapon pod designs.

In comparison, the Havoc is a hunchbacked, hulking monstrosity. Its attempts to look menacing comes off as goofy. This is not helped by the double fisted lasers. I want to put a cowboy hat and pancho on the thing.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #864 on: 10 February 2021, 15:48:54 »
I keep thinking the Havoc looks like a spartan from halo duel welding guns

I like it
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #865 on: 06 March 2021, 10:21:31 »
I'm in the, "The Havoc is unusably ugly" camp.

Most of the weird cartoony dark age designs live there for me.
« Last Edit: 06 March 2021, 10:24:06 by Kitsune413 »
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #866 on: 06 March 2021, 18:18:02 »
Eh, it suffers from the same art problems noted with vehicles in TRO3145/50 but if you look at it's MWDA mini it is good.  Heck the IWM mini is fine but for the butt flaps.
Colt Ward

Rncavenger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #867 on: 22 March 2021, 04:49:21 »
Find in DA arhives:

Janis Nova Cat (about connection between Nova Cats and Spirit Cats)
Janis Nova Cat is rightly proud of her Arbalest, “Sanctum.” A brand-new design to the Nova Cats within the Draconis Combine, none is available to the Spirit Cats in the Republic. In 3129, however, she won the right to travel to the Nova Cat capital of Irece in House Kurita, one of only a handful of Spirit Cats to do so in the past several decades, and there consulted with the Nova Cat Oathmaster. Upon seeing the first Arbalest walk off the assembly line, she immediately declared a Trial of Possession for it and claimed it as her spoils of victory

Sariah Nova Cat

However, beneath the surface, it appears that her real desire is to see the Vozka Bloodname propagated again to 25 and to have it match the glory and prestige of the Deleportas and Devalis Bloodnames. Once more, as Janis Nova Cat is of the Devalis Bloodname House, her legendary temper would surely snap to the fore should she become aware of Sariah's plans. Her Centurion is nicknamed "Chosen."

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #868 on: 22 March 2021, 09:25:11 »
Janis later on ended up with a Nova Cat Omni IIRC, and she never did end up with a bloodname IIRC.

Still interesting find among the archives.  One of the novels I am looking forward to is a early one dealing with a Spirit Cat that has 'Star Colonels' leading mixed light cluster sized task forces.  From what I remember he had a Warhammer IIC w/4 ERLLs (light SRN!) but it had a lot of officers meeting with Kev Rosse.
Colt Ward

Rncavenger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #869 on: 22 March 2021, 12:45:40 »
Still interesting find among the archives.  One of the novels I am looking forward to is a early one dealing with a Spirit Cat that has 'Star Colonels' leading mixed light cluster sized task forces.  From what I remember he had a Warhammer IIC w/4 ERLLs (light SRN!) but it had a lot of officers meeting with Kev Rosse.

Star captain Cox Devalis from "Target of Opportunity" book.