Author Topic: Clan Protectorate  (Read 202187 times)

Rncavenger

• Master Sergeant
Re: Clan Protectorate
« Reply #870 on: 10 April 2021, 02:06:14 »
From new Rec guide:
Another medium mech in the clan protectorate (and wolf empire) - Firestorm. And Supernova also arrived)
Bloodnamed nova cat  survivor of the destruction in DC space as Wolf Empire abtakha.
PS I think a Firestorm would be the perfect new mech for Rikkard
« Last Edit: 10 April 2021, 03:20:44 by Rncavenger »

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #871 on: 10 April 2021, 09:05:07 »
The Firestorm I like I like the name, movement profile which is a hit different and Weapons again different I like the use of the Plasma Cannon it doesn't get a lot of use

Nice to see the Supernova even if the Foxes cheated them a bit
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #872 on: 10 April 2021, 19:47:01 »
Having that Supernova is brilliant and I want at least one immediately.  It's two Awesome 8Qs stapled together with extended range and it somehow manages to not overheat to boot.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #873 on: 11 April 2021, 17:45:33 »
I'm resisting the urge to nickname the Firestorm the Pyro Cat.

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #874 on: 21 April 2021, 09:06:55 »
Having broken down and received all the Recognition Guides recently...

The Huntsman's design elements make SO much more sense now that we know it was originally a Diamond Shark designed mech. I will need to resist the urge to paint giant shark teeth on any of them I get. Now we need an aquatic focused version.

Nibs

• Captain
« Reply #875 on: 21 April 2021, 09:27:05 »
Having broken down and received all the Recognition Guides recently...

The Huntsman's design elements make SO much more sense now that we know it was originally a Diamond Shark designed mech. I will need to resist the urge to paint giant shark teeth on any of them I get. Now we need an aquatic focused version.

I did always think it was weird that it wasn't a Shark 'Mech in the first place! Does the Protectorate still retain it?

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #876 on: 21 April 2021, 17:52:55 »
It's being built in the Protectorate along with the Shadow Cat and what feels increasingly likely to be the Nova Cat, too.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #877 on: 21 April 2021, 20:06:02 »
It's being built in the Protectorate along with the Shadow Cat and what feels increasingly likely to be the Nova Cat, too.

I hope so . . . while I was hoping for a non-Reflec Cave Lion or improved Sphinx . . . I guess I can settle for the Nova Cat Omni.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #878 on: 21 April 2021, 20:09:20 »
I hope so . . . while I was hoping for a non-Reflec Cave Lion or improved Sphinx . . . I guess I can settle for the Nova Cat Omni.

It would be nice to get the band back together again... though at this point I wonder what is in store for our wayward protectorate? Hopefully Ilclan drops soon. Seems like a third of 2021's already disappeared.
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Rncavenger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #879 on: 21 April 2021, 23:42:57 »
It would be nice to get the band back together again... though at this point I wonder what is in store for our wayward protectorate? Hopefully Ilclan drops soon. Seems like a third of 2021's already disappeared.

I think that after the final fall of the Republic, even more Nova Cats will move from there to the Protectorate.

CJC070

• Lieutenant
« Reply #880 on: 22 April 2021, 08:38:22 »
I think that after the final fall of the Republic, even more Nova Cats will move from there to the Protectorate.

I wonder if a few other clanners will move in as well, not everyone will want the Wolves as the iClan.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #881 on: 22 April 2021, 09:10:17 »
I wonder if a few other clanners will move in as well, not everyone will want the Wolves as the iClan.

The idea is to establish a new star league... so I'm not sure anyone has a choice...
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #882 on: 22 April 2021, 09:17:52 »

How?

A, they are unlikely to learn of the Clan Protectorate
B, if they are on Drac worlds they are likely part of a pogrom
C, if they are on Cappie worlds they are likely in a gulag for being 'foreign invaders' or whatever MadCap's sidebar in SF was
D, if the Wolves took the world besides A you also have a lack of freedom of movement
E, if the Falcons took the world, you have A, lack of freedom of movement, lack of JS visiting, and possibly specifically targeted if in a enclave
F, behind the Fortress the Republic took steps to stomp out all the little factions w/ a 'join or die' as the least level of action (Bannson's nuts were just killed)
     F2, the enclave militias- Wolf, HH, NC, GB, and maybe Fox- were all involved in absorbing territory contributing to destabilization
G, you are talking about identification after 10+ years of emergency programs & attendant indoctrination . . . heck, a whole generation of warriors would have grown up behind the Fortress wall
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Rncavenger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #883 on: 22 April 2021, 11:50:35 »
13 years have passed since the founding of the Protectorate. I think the rumors about its existence have definitely reached the population of Nova Cats in the republic.
The wolves are not in a position to control the flow of refugees right now. The falcons, too.
There are several former Republican worlds that have not yet been taken over by anyone.
Therefore, if not the surviving warriors, then the civilian Nova Cats will be able to escape to the Protectorate.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #884 on: 22 April 2021, 14:30:29 »
13 years that mean nothing to the Nova Cat enclaves that were in the Fortress, which is all that counts- Rikkard already had everyone who could/would meet him do so before hitting Marik

Wolves co-opted the Jumpships in their space- no travel.  Besides how do they pay passage on DS/JS that would be allowed to operate in Wolf space?  C-bills are dead, Stones would be worthless to anyone not on that planet, and what would a dropship/JS purser want that civilians could afford to cover 4-7 jumps and 2-3 months passage?

They still need to know it exists, news is not going to propagate like it does today
Colt Ward

Turaglas

• Master Sergeant
  • Embrace the suck
« Reply #885 on: 22 April 2021, 15:07:23 »
The idea is to establish a new star league... so I'm not sure anyone has a choice...

I'm not really privy to clan machinations or lore but by this point I find it strange that the Foxes, Bears, and Ravens even still care.  Foxes can be bought by just throwing Comstar and territory as neutral merchants but (imo) the point of the Alliance and Dominion is to show how clan occupation has resulted in a synthesis of local and clan culture that is above just surviving after being cast out of their homeworld sector.  If the Ilkhan tells them to do something, they still have to do it even if their people don't want to and that should be taken into account.

I'm curious as to how the Clan Protectorate is going to react, especially if the FWL decides not to side with the Stu Wolf on Terra or the fact the Fox fleets are practically autonomous of their Khan.
"This is why the same true fighting will never employ ornate, showy, or wide patterns, [nor will it include] exaggerated moves which are useful only for the entertainment of spectators."

Nibs

• Captain
« Reply #886 on: 22 April 2021, 15:12:35 »
I'm not really privy to clan machinations or lore but by this point I find it strange that the Foxes, Bears, and Ravens even still care.  Foxes can be bought by just throwing Comstar and territory as neutral merchants but (imo) the point of the Alliance and Dominion is to show how clan occupation has resulted in a synthesis of local and clan culture that is above just surviving after being cast out of their homeworld sector.  If the Ilkhan tells them to do something, they still have to do it even if their people don't want to and that should be taken into account.

I'm curious as to how the Clan Protectorate is going to react, especially if the FWL decides not to side with the Stu Wolf on Terra or the fact the Fox fleets are practically autonomous of their Khan.

Says who?

Turaglas

• Master Sergeant
  • Embrace the suck
« Reply #887 on: 22 April 2021, 15:31:45 »
Uh, good question.  I vaguely know some spoiler details but I assume the part where the other IS clans except the Horses acknowledge the new Ilclan and Ilkhan and (major assumption) will probably get lumped into the new Star League instead of just being a Wolf-Falcon-[somehow still living] Smoke Jaguar bloc.  So implied to be taking orders from them.

Like I said I don't fully understand clan society yet.
« Last Edit: 22 April 2021, 15:34:30 by Turaglas »
"This is why the same true fighting will never employ ornate, showy, or wide patterns, [nor will it include] exaggerated moves which are useful only for the entertainment of spectators."

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #888 on: 22 April 2021, 16:20:34 »
Using basic descriptions of types of government, it is making the ilClan status something like the leader of a confederation rather than a dictatorship or other authoritarian structure.  It is definitely not a republic- Alaric has said he has no equal among the Clans, but he does not seem to think he can order them about without problems.

This does sound different than how it was in the 3050s where it seemed like the ilClan would be automatically absorbing the other Clans though this could be a real-politik bit on Alaric's part realizing he is not strong enough to enforce such a absorption.
Colt Ward

Nibs

• Captain
« Reply #889 on: 22 April 2021, 16:29:45 »
I believe that they acknowledge the title of ilKhan and provide nominal respect to Alaric... But no Clan (outside of the three on Terra) will obey his orders.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #890 on: 22 April 2021, 17:10:05 »
I have a feeling Kisho might play a part in the Protectorates future how I'm not sure but he was in the legends product as a notable warrior in the ilClan era

Alaric seems like creating tools to do his biding per Children

If he has come across or heard of Kisho he may try to have him "bend the knee" as it were and give him the prize of the Combine?

That said the Protectorate is better placed for crushing the FWL the Jags could be given the Combine to redeem themselves with the Ravens and Bears

The Falcons and Horses take the Lyrans leaving a crippled Suns and Strong Confederation to try and stand with multiple Clans looking at them

If Alaric can force the Horses into capitulation and turn the Protectorate...
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

Rncavenger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #891 on: 22 April 2021, 17:17:41 »
13 years that mean nothing to the Nova Cat enclaves that were in the Fortress, which is all that counts- Rikkard already had everyone who could/would meet him do so before hitting Marik

Wolves co-opted the Jumpships in their space- no travel.  Besides how do they pay passage on DS/JS that would be allowed to operate in Wolf space?  C-bills are dead, Stones would be worthless to anyone not on that planet, and what would a dropship/JS purser want that civilians could afford to cover 4-7 jumps and 2-3 months passage?

They still need to know it exists, news is not going to propagate like it does today

We know that after the creation of the Protectorate, many Cats moved to it. Even some survivors from DC space. And a full cluster of warriors from the Republic. With the death of the Republic, such refugees may well be added. For example, at the expense of those who until recently believed in the Republic. But now they have nothing to believe in and can join their brothers in the Protectorate.
They can pay with what they have. Cats have one of the best trading castes, so it is unlikely that their enclaves in the republic were poor.

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #892 on: 22 April 2021, 17:46:25 »
If he has come across or heard of Kisho he may try to have him "bend the knee" as it were and give him the prize of the Combine?

That's my pet theory just because of how wild it'd be.

I mean, technically speaking, Kisho has a stronger claim to the Kuritan throne than Yuri does.

If she's forcibly deposed and Kisho takes her place, all of his heirs could then be vatborn, leading to an even more savage and/or political sibko system where the top performer and/or sole survivor becomes the new Coordinator upon the current Coordinator's death.

It'd be pretty far out, but hey, I think it'd be fun.
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #893 on: 22 April 2021, 18:11:22 »
I was thinking that too but the FWL option allows the Cats to build on what they have also give the Combine to the Jags it separates the Nova Cats or Spirit Cats from the Bears and Jags especially but leaves likelihood of a Falcon border so things won't be plain sailing

And Gives the Jags a chance at redeeming their history with the Combine which even then Clans didn't like

Kisho could lead them? That'd be different and play into the Fidelis link which in turn would link two Reborn Clans and further drive the cooperation of the ilClan

I don't think the relationship would be the same as the past was though not aster recent books both have been humbled to near extinction

Rncavenger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #894 on: 22 April 2021, 18:39:01 »
I don't think Alaric will fight the FWL. Alaric simply does not have the strength to fight with everyone and he needs allies not only among the clans.
As for Kisho... Alaric likes to use people and symbols. Kisho is in fact a trueborn Kurita (as Alaric trueborn Steiner-Davion) who will be loyal to the Ilkhan who revived his clan. Given the potential war with Draconis Combine, he could be very useful to Alaric. And if you've read the DA books, you know that Alaric and Kisho already know each other.
« Last Edit: 22 April 2021, 18:40:58 by Rncavenger »

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
« Reply #895 on: 23 April 2021, 00:01:53 »
If Kisho is a legitimate Kurita, doesn't that mean they are destined to rule the Inner Sphere,  or else?

Dahmin_Toran

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #896 on: 23 April 2021, 09:28:40 »
I don't think Alaric will fight the FWL. Alaric simply does not have the strength to fight with everyone and he needs allies not only among the clans.
As for Kisho... Alaric likes to use people and symbols. Kisho is in fact a trueborn Kurita (as Alaric trueborn Steiner-Davion) who will be loyal to the Ilkhan who revived his clan. Given the potential war with Draconis Combine, he could be very useful to Alaric. And if you've read the DA books, you know that Alaric and Kisho already know each other.

The problem is that Alaric do not think of the other Khans (and Clans) as equals and he also wants to subjugate the Inner Sphere, not bring them into the new Star League.

Rncavenger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #897 on: 23 April 2021, 09:41:00 »
The problem is that Alaric do not think of the other Khans (and Clans) as equals and he also wants to subjugate the Inner Sphere, not bring them into the new Star League.

Maybe he wants to, but can he? Considering the powers he possesses. Sooner or later, he will have to start playing diplomacy.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #898 on: 23 April 2021, 09:58:02 »

Thing is the other Clans will accept/agree . . . getting to Terra first was the prize.  Now, it is not as big a deal as it would have been in 3050 but the other Clans still acknowledge the value of the prize and grant some leadership to the winner even if it is not to the same degree as 3050.
Colt Ward

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #899 on: 23 April 2021, 13:51:45 »
Maybe he wants to, but can he? Considering the powers he possesses. Sooner or later, he will have to start playing diplomacy.

It may take longer hut combined the Clans could conquer the Inner Sphere

Register