Author Topic: Clan Protectorate  (Read 202177 times)

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
Re: Clan Protectorate
« Reply #990 on: 23 September 2021, 01:47:48 »
There are a decent handful of 'Mechs the fifth point could have been, up to and reasonably including a Dasher II.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #991 on: 23 September 2021, 09:26:38 »
I thought it was three Tiburons, a Cougar and a Jenner?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Rncavenger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #992 on: 04 November 2021, 00:37:37 »
A list of fiction featuring Nova/Spirit Cats.

Novels about Nova cats:
Path of Glory by Randal N.Bills (Zane Nova Cat)
Heretic Faith by Randal N. Bills (Kisho Nova Cat)

Major involvement:
D.R.T., by James D. Long. Nova Cat as main antogonist.
Impetus of War, by Blaine Lee Pardoe.  One of the PoV (future Nova Cat Khan Santin West)
Forever Faithful, by Blaine Lee Pardoe.

Minor involvement:
Grave Covenant (Twilight of the Clans #2)
Sword of Sedition, by Loren L. Coleman (Kisho Nova Cat in few chapters)
Fortress Republic, by Loren L. Coleman. (Kisho Nova Cat in few chapters)

Spirit Cats:
Target of Opportunity, by Blaine Lee Pardoe. One of the PoV (Star captain Cox Devalis)
Pandora's Gambit, by Randall N. Bills. One of the main PoV (Rikkard Nova Cat )
To Ride the Chimera, by Kevin Killiany.-again Rikkard
Hunting season by Philip A.Lee - minor involvement (one of the chapter about battle on Marik in 3147)

Short stories:
Whispering Death (2011) by Philip A. Lee - BattleCorpse story
Hunter or Hunted, by Randall N. Bills (fourth BattleCorps anthology, Fire for Effect, in 2013)
Shadow of Death by Randall N. Bills ( Battle of Tukayyid series)

Others:
Wolf Pack, by Robert N. Charrette, - abtakha elemental Elson Nova Cat as main antogonist

I might have missed something. Please correct me if you noticed this
« Last Edit: 25 November 2021, 17:54:49 by Rncavenger »

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #993 on: 04 November 2021, 09:21:08 »
Lack of MWDA novel representation for the Spirit Cats is surprising considering they were the 'winning' faction of the time.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Rncavenger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #994 on: 04 November 2021, 20:15:02 »
Lack of MWDA novel representation for the Spirit Cats is surprising considering they were the 'winning' faction of the time.

At the time of MWDA there was quite a lot of representation of Spirit Cats outside of fiction. There was a lot of material on the MWDA site.
It got much worse after. For all Cats...

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #995 on: 05 November 2021, 09:16:28 »
Yeah, I just meant when you looked at the pre-Fortress & League story arcs we had a single book really featuring the Cats- and even that was shared with Tucker/Alexi/Republic/ComStar.  The Steel Wolves had 4 . . . sadly 3 were Del-Rio, so really 1.5? . . . Swordsworn had 2? which did not really share the book with . . . Highlanders had quite the representation . . . Bannson showed up in the Liao invasion arc but his Raiders were generic bad guys.
Colt Ward

Longstrider

• Corporal
« Reply #996 on: 11 November 2021, 23:20:47 »
Is there a similar list for shark foxes?

TheDenogginizer85

• Recruit
« Reply #997 on: 13 November 2021, 20:29:01 »
Other than being mostly freeborn natives commanded by Clan Warriors, has there been any other information on the 1st and Second Protectorate Guardians?

Kind of curious what their camo schemes and unit compositions are like.

Rncavenger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #998 on: 13 November 2021, 23:40:28 »
Other than being mostly freeborn natives commanded by Clan Warriors, has there been any other information on the 1st and Second Protectorate Guardians?

Kind of curious what their camo schemes and unit compositions are like.

Only the information that is in fm3145 and a couple of notable pilots from the recguides. There is quite little information at the moment about the clan protectorate. I hope that the "Empire alone" will tell us something.
« Last Edit: 13 November 2021, 23:56:32 by Rncavenger »

Rncavenger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #999 on: 13 November 2021, 23:54:07 »
Is there a similar list for shark foxes?

Novels:
Hunters of the deep by Randall N. Bills. (Sea Fox novel)
Pandora's Gambit, by Randall N. Bills (minor involvement)
To Ride the Chimera, by Kevin Killiany
Hunting season by Philip A.Lee

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #1000 on: 14 November 2021, 00:07:46 »
Hunting Season features a very cool Sea Fox naval battle in chapter 13.  The Regulans fear the Clans so much they...do what Regulans do when they're scared.  Read it and find out!  It's a pretty good novel all in all.  It even helped to turn me into a FWL fan.

Edit: the Spirit Cats are also involved in a couple of chapters.
« Last Edit: 14 November 2021, 00:14:17 by rebs »
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Rncavenger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1001 on: 14 November 2021, 00:46:05 »
I wonder how many forces are in the composition of Shiva Keshik in 3147? Because they were able to defeat three battalions of Regulan Hussars (two from the fourth and one from the thirteenth). And these are clearly not two trinary from Era digest:Dark age.

Guardian11

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1002 on: 14 November 2021, 01:16:05 »
Shiva Keshik's 2 Trinaries might have been what was initially bid to defend against the Regulans, which is why they were being pushed back all the way to the palace, but after Col. Mejia broke zellbrigen so egregiously the Spirit Cats decided they didn't have to honor the bid, so the Purifier Cluster may have came in to the fight as well. 5-6 Trinaries not bound by zellbrigen could probably defeat a Regiment. It could be that Shiva Keshik was beefed up to full Cluster strength.

On the subject of the Sea Fox Light Star in Hunting Season. I am going to paint up that Star. I already have the 2 Tiburons, Adder, and Cougar. What should I choose for the 5th point member. I am thinking either a Hellion, Arctic Cheetah, Morrigan, or Jenner/IIC which would do y'all think I should go with?

Rncavenger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1003 on: 14 November 2021, 02:19:48 »
Shiva Keshik's 2 Trinaries might have been what was initially bid to defend against the Regulans, which is why they were being pushed back all the way to the palace, but after Col. Mejia broke zellbrigen so egregiously the Spirit Cats decided they didn't have to honor the bid, so the Purifier Cluster may have came in to the fight as well. 5-6 Trinaries not bound by zellbrigen could probably defeat a Regiment. It could be that Shiva Keshik was beefed up to full Cluster strength.

At that time, the Purifers were sitting in the defense of Malket against the First Regulan Hussars. Shiva Keshik had one trinary in reserve (Tokala Nostra from TRO Golden Era). At the beginning of the fight Keshik were driving the Fourth back and only the arrival of the Thirteenth saved the Fourth and forced Shiva Keshik to pull back .

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #1004 on: 14 November 2021, 07:54:50 »
Also depends on how strong the regiment is.  If that regiment is a single battalion of Mechs with the rest armour and infantry that would Level the playing field significantly
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Longstrider

• Corporal
« Reply #1005 on: 15 November 2021, 10:37:38 »
Yep, I read the four FWL/Steiners/Protectorate novels and Hunting Season. Quite enjoyable all around; I'll check out Hunters of the Deep. But I do hope Empire Alone gives us lots of good juicy stuff in the area.

TheDenogginizer85

• Recruit
« Reply #1006 on: 29 November 2021, 12:43:39 »
I know this was going back ways, but was reading through the thread.

As for Kisho... Alaric likes to use people and symbols. Kisho is in fact a trueborn Kurita (as Alaric trueborn Steiner-Davion) who will be loyal to the Ilkhan who revived his clan. Given the potential war with Draconis Combine, he could be very useful to Alaric. And if you've read the DA books, you know that Alaric and Kisho already know each other.

Although it has never been confirmed I think it was claimed that Minoru's mother is a descendant of the Camerons somehow. If that is confirmed at some point to be true, and whether Kisho wants it or not, he'd have legitimate claim to being First Lord.  I can't see Alaric giving up his title and bowing before anyone, especially someone from an abjured and near-extinct clan and Alaric would probably want him dead.

Reading through Heretic's Faith again, Minoru definitely seemed to have some sort of long game plan going that involved more than simply trying to ensure the Nova Cats survival.

Rncavenger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1007 on: 29 November 2021, 14:13:01 »
I know this was going back ways, but was reading through the thread.

Although it has never been confirmed I think it was claimed that Minoru's mother is a descendant of the Camerons somehow. If that is confirmed at some point to be true, and whether Kisho wants it or not, he'd have legitimate claim to being First Lord.  I can't see Alaric giving up his title and bowing before anyone, especially someone from an abjured and near-extinct clan and Alaric would probably want him dead.

Reading through Heretic's Faith again, Minoru definitely seemed to have some sort of long game plan going that involved more than simply trying to ensure the Nova Cats survival.

Even if Kisho knows about it, he's not crazy enough to claim the throne of the First Lord. He himself will never declare the right to the throne of Kurita, but there he may turn out to be a combination of different circumstances. Yori Kurita has no heirs and IlClan will need a loyal leader of the Combine.
But the first Lord? Impossible. Who will support him?
Minoru's long gameplay could consist in the survival of not only Nova Cats, but also Kurita's bloodline. Just in case of what happened in the Dark Ages. After all, the Mystic Caste is a project not only of Nova Cats, but also of the O5P.
« Last Edit: 29 November 2021, 14:23:44 by Rncavenger »

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #1008 on: 29 November 2021, 14:27:21 »
While Kisho has Minoru blood, his refugees might have a better claimant.  Emi and a child died when the Cats went down- but was it HER child?  We have had the Dracs in the past put a fake child in place of a Kurita knowing the most likely outcome would be the child is killed.

Or THE Warlord could have taken the child to be his next pawn if Yori gets too free.
Colt Ward

Rncavenger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1009 on: 29 November 2021, 14:35:44 »
While Kisho has Minoru blood, his refugees might have a better claimant.  Emi and a child died when the Cats went down- but was it HER child?  We have had the Dracs in the past put a fake child in place of a Kurita knowing the most likely outcome would be the child is killed.

Or THE Warlord could have taken the child to be his next pawn if Yori gets too free.

I also think that replacing Emi's child with a random child from the Mystic Caste was not a big problem for Nova Cats. But even if he is alive, he is now 9-11 years old. And Kisho in this case acts as his adoptive father.

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #1010 on: 29 November 2021, 16:53:19 »
I think we had 'Replaced the child with a stand in' a couple times already. What's one more?
Have we ever had anyone on the DC end of things get genetic confirmation that either of them is dead for realsies?

VensersRevenge

• Lieutenant
  • Is this the real life...
« Reply #1011 on: 29 November 2021, 17:12:05 »
Or she could have given birth to twins
...Is this just fantasy?
Warship Arms Race III
https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=84031.0

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1012 on: 29 November 2021, 18:04:15 »

Interesting idea so Kisho turns up on Alarics door step "say ilKhan you want to see the Combine subjugated? I want my Clan back, and I've got this kid...'

Alaric "Erm... Freebirth?"

Kisho "one with Kurita Royal blood"

Alaric "you tried the Civil War angle once..."

Kisho "who said anything about being Civil?"
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

Decoy

• Captain
« Reply #1013 on: 02 December 2021, 15:28:30 »
Well, the Wolves could use the Brahe bloodline if they want to try that.

Rncavenger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1014 on: 24 December 2021, 15:51:37 »
No Nova cat mech production for us  :'( And Nova Cat is a kind of record holder . Being the totem mech of the clan and being present in three tech manuals, it does not have a single notable mechwarrior from its own clan :)   
« Last Edit: 24 December 2021, 17:31:39 by Rncavenger »

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1015 on: 24 December 2021, 18:55:05 »
No Nova cat mech production for us  :'( And Nova Cat is a kind of record holder . Being the totem mech of the clan and being present in three tech manuals, it does not have a single notable mechwarrior from its own clan :)   

I hope the Combine didn't get it  I'd rather it was a dead design

I'll buy these post Xmas either way

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #1016 on: 25 December 2021, 01:41:58 »
As the one that wrote the Nova Cat entry, I'll say upfront I was very constrained by the wordcount and I was given a notable pilot to use. I made sure to work in some notables in the battle history, but there was not much room to work.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Rncavenger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1017 on: 25 December 2021, 03:31:37 »
As the one that wrote the Nova Cat entry, I'll say upfront I was very constrained by the wordcount and I was given a notable pilot to use. I made sure to work in some notables in the battle history, but there was not much room to work.

Thank you and other authors ! Great job in any case, all the wishes of the fans will still not be fulfilled within the framework of one project. :)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #1018 on: 25 December 2021, 17:14:32 »

Kickstarter entry?
Colt Ward

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #1019 on: 25 December 2021, 17:57:19 »
Kickstarter entry?
Pretty sure. In all my writing for the Rec Guides I only had existing omnis, nothing new. I'm pretty sure each time I had at least one KS pilot.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!