Author Topic: Clan Protectorate  (Read 202165 times)

Geg

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
    • Jade Corsair
Re: Clan Protectorate
« Reply #1020 on: 06 January 2022, 13:07:19 »
Note:  I haven't read the previous 33 pages so if there was 10 pages on this, sorry and I will go read those.

So question.  What's everyone's opinion on how long the Protectorate is going to last?   Will they join the Nova Cats get reborn?  Will they stay with the FWL?  Will they Join Forces with Alaric?   Will they become the Leagues new Andorrans?

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #1021 on: 06 January 2022, 13:12:31 »
I think the Clan Protectorate will last.  I hope the Sea Foxes use their position to slowly take over the FWL.

They have a long way to go towards this, but it can be done.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #1022 on: 06 January 2022, 13:16:45 »
The League has a good amount of Clan integration.  First you have the Protectorate which has seats/votes in parliament.  Then you have the Sea Foxes involved heavily in the League economy, they got their foot in the door for that based on the Protectorate joining the neo League.  They even executed some semi-sanction policy on their own when they dealt with the Regulans.  Finally, you had Jessika hand them over ComStar's assets as part of a takeover.  IMO they come right after the Ghost Bear Dominion and Raven Alliance as far as IS/Clan integration . . . granted it is a big step between the those two and the League, but it is another chasm between the League & LC/DC let alone the CC/FS.

Honestly, most of it is going to come down to what happens in Empire Alone.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #1023 on: 06 January 2022, 15:59:33 »
Note:  I haven't read the previous 33 pages so if there was 10 pages on this, sorry and I will go read those.

So question.  What's everyone's opinion on how long the Protectorate is going to last?   Will they join the Nova Cats get reborn?  Will they stay with the FWL?  Will they Join Forces with Alaric?   Will they become the Leagues new Andorrans?

I think Kisho and Co will return from wherever they currently are.  He'll submit himself and his troops to serve the ilClan. 

Alaric will turn that offer to reverse the Abjuration and see the Nova Cats Reborn if Kisho can turn the Protectorate to his cause.

Kisho will do what he did with Kev Rosse and call for a meeting either Kisho will fight for the right to command the Nova Cats or he'll be assassinated leading to his forces merging with the Protectorates

The Nova/ Spirit Cats in the Protectorate in service of the ilClan, I think the Sea Foxes forces in the Protectorate are too involved in the running of the state and instead of remaining could end up rolled into the Reborn Clan

If Kisho is assassinated let's say by the Andruiens or Regulans... then the Nova/Spirit Cats have a new target

I'm not convinced the Nova Cats are born again.  I think the Spirit Cats have made too much of a mark to be lost and perhaps the last heroic days of the Nova Cats were just that

My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Rncavenger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1024 on: 06 January 2022, 16:29:43 »
If the FWL joins the new Star League, they will need to allocate part of their forces to the Star League defense forces. Who is better than the Clan Protectorate troops for the Star League founded by the clans?
And Spirit Cats = Nova Сats. Two different ways of development of one society.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #1025 on: 19 January 2022, 23:05:56 »
Nova Cats! 

Move to the Clan Protectorate!  Forget canon, and take your table top games here.  Plenty of room to grow. 

And with the re-emergence of the Smoke Jaguars, as well as the Falcons being cut down to size, plenty of fair Clan competition now exists.

Need equipment?  Spina Khanate is here for your every need.  Have no fear about that.  Plenty of Omnis to go around.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Middcore

• Lieutenant
  • The Inner Sphere could always use more Heroes!
« Reply #1026 on: 19 January 2022, 23:13:46 »
If the FWL joins the new Star League

*retches*

This would convince me to abandon the faction when even literally breaking up the faction didn't.
I write BattleTech fanfics. You can find them all on ScribbleHub, and I welcome your comments.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #1027 on: 20 January 2022, 10:06:15 »
My 4th Regulan Hussar company appreciates the Supernova 5 taken as isorla from Marik.  I look forward to your factory releasing a 5b where the Coolant Pods are swapped for a RHS, so the captured SRN can be converted.

Anyone else play with one?
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

MarikMilitaMan

• Sergeant
  • The Kendall Hammers
« Reply #1028 on: 03 February 2022, 17:48:18 »
*retches*

This would convince me to abandon the faction when even literally breaking up the faction didn't.

We've been in a Star League twice before, we can stomach a third go around, and look how the first wound up, can see hidden wars springing up again, especially in the league.

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #1029 on: 04 February 2022, 12:05:52 »
Revisiting an old discussion,
I was playing around with TRO Golden Century units recently and made an interesting discovery...although I'll be highly surprised if no one else has noticed it by now. Did you know that if you replace the Qasar's engine with an XXL it's actually at maximized tonnage for the thrust? Sure it now costs something like 80 billion, but hey, if the Diamond Sharks want to showcase the things AND gain some good will with the 'Cats in the Protectorate? Fooling around with a design, may end up posting it in the appropriate forum later once I decide on a name. Considering calling it either the 'Yi' or 'Perry' currently. The 'LeMay' if I want to be extra vindictive in naming it. Can you strafe with plasma cannon?

Bringing the Vision Quest, fully modernized, back to production would be a nice symbolic gesture too, although I'm less clear what I'd do with that. It's a pretty solid design, even without all the traditional weight saving gear, and leaving it that way actually makes it a decent 'budget' choice for Clan gear.
« Last Edit: 04 February 2022, 13:02:33 by Istal_Devalis »

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #1030 on: 04 February 2022, 18:00:01 »
Both of those would be nice to see the Qasar with Laser reflective armour the Vision Quest with Ballistic Reinforced just to annoy the Combine
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Rncavenger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1031 on: 20 May 2022, 15:00:48 »
The "Redemption Right" contains several spoilers to what awaits the Clan Protectorate in the upcoming "Empire Alone":
- Silver Hawks attack Stewart and several other worlds of the Wolf Empire
- Petr Kalasa makes a deal with the Wolves: The Clan Protectorate helps repel these attacks in exchange for access to the Wolf's HPGs.

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
« Reply #1032 on: 20 May 2022, 15:37:21 »
- Petr Kalasa makes a deal with the Wolves: The Clan Protectorate helps repel these attacks in exchange for access to the Wolf's HPGs.

Boooo!
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

MarikMilitaMan

• Sergeant
  • The Kendall Hammers
« Reply #1033 on: 22 May 2022, 02:24:06 »

BrianDavion

• Captain
« Reply #1034 on: 22 May 2022, 13:08:19 »
this is what happens when you take a viper into your bossom.
The Suns will shine again

Generic Clanner 24601

• Corporal
« Reply #1035 on: 22 May 2022, 14:52:43 »
The "Redemption Right" contains several spoilers to what awaits the Clan Protectorate in the upcoming "Empire Alone":
- Silver Hawks attack Stewart and several other worlds of the Wolf Empire

You forgot:

SPOILER FOR THE BIG SURPRISE ENDING OF REDEMPTION RIFT
They'll be getting of Alaric Ward's children which will give them some interesting bargaining chips.

Metallgewitter

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1036 on: 24 May 2022, 06:47:31 »
That sounds either extremly shortsighted going against your "liege" or rather crafty helping your liege. Not sure what the final outcome will be

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #1037 on: 24 May 2022, 06:56:17 »
That sounds either extremly shortsighted going against your "liege" or rather crafty helping your liege. Not sure what the final outcome will be

The Silverhawks, at that time, jumped off before Nikol was onboard for it.  Further, we do not know anything about it besides what Petr told the Star Colonel.
Colt Ward

MarikMilitaMan

• Sergeant
  • The Kendall Hammers
« Reply #1038 on: 24 May 2022, 07:30:06 »
So it could be a ruse between the Silver Hawks and Protectorate to reclaim some worlds on the cheap?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #1039 on: 24 May 2022, 09:03:05 »
Or Nikol's behest to reign in a rogue group of units, a sort of League tradition, before she is ready to commit to warfare with the Empire.
Colt Ward

Geg

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
    • Jade Corsair
« Reply #1040 on: 08 June 2022, 12:02:38 »
Clan Protectorate has a section in the Master Unit List.
  • Any idea where the logo comes from?  And what its composed of, I recognize the Dagger Star
  • Anyone know how to separate out the general IS Clan information?

« Last Edit: 08 June 2022, 12:05:58 by Geg »

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #1041 on: 08 June 2022, 12:06:55 »
  • Any idea where the logo comes from?

Probably a Empire Alone sneak peak . . .

Not sure separating out IS Clan general would matter- you are talking chassis so generic they could have come from Republic AF sources (aka, Spirit Cat formation), salvage from the battle for Marik, or just Sea Fox sources (which would also be purchases for those other sources).  I mean, what the Protectorate itself would produce would end up on the IS Clan General IMO since they do not produce anything that Sea Foxes do not take a share of to sell onward- like the Supernova 5 as an example.
Colt Ward

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1042 on: 08 June 2022, 12:25:49 »
You need to make a unit search that contains only Clan Protectorate faction, along with any other filters you deem relevant. Can't do that via faction list.

http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Filter?Name=&HasBV=false&MinTons=&MaxTons=&MinBV=&MaxBV=&MinIntro=&MaxIntro=&MinCost=&MaxCost=&HasBFAbility=&MinPV=&MaxPV=&BookAuto=&FactionAuto=&Factions=100

Angrii

• Sergeant
« Reply #1043 on: 08 June 2022, 12:49:45 »
It's nice to see the Thunderbird II lives on along with the Void (Nova Cat) BA.

Also: Tortoise II!? How...?
Welcome to interesting times

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1044 on: 08 June 2022, 13:39:10 »
  • Any idea where the logo comes from?  And what its composed of, I recognize the Dagger Star

1) it appeared in bed, not unlike the horse's head in The Godfather, on a thumbdrive with a note that says "use this one"
2) as empyrus said, you must use the UNITS tab. it gives you some super specific options like "which units with an intro date from the star league era are being used by filtvelt in the dark age?"

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #1045 on: 08 June 2022, 13:58:01 »
That may not be the logo of the whole Clan Protectorate. It is the logo of the Protectorate Guardians found on pg 55 of Era Report 3145. The one in the Era Report is black & white and there's no description of it that I saw. My guess is the stripes are alternating primary colors of the Spirit Cats and Sea Foxes to go along with the Purple Eagle.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #1046 on: 08 June 2022, 14:29:39 »
I still circle back around to the Protectorate/Cats do not produce any war material (as far as we know) the Sea Foxes, by rights/agreement, do not get a share of as evidenced by the Supernova 5, Firestorm, Ostscout, etc.  Since what the Sea Foxes sell makes up most of IS Clan General, the lists would not be different (yet).
Colt Ward

Geg

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
    • Jade Corsair
« Reply #1047 on: 08 June 2022, 20:01:12 »
it appeared in bed, not unlike the horse's head in The Godfather, on a thumbdrive with a note that says "use this one"

Thought it might have been more of a fall off the back of the drop ship situation.

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #1048 on: 08 June 2022, 22:41:51 »
I still circle back around to the Protectorate/Cats do not produce any war material (as far as we know) the Sea Foxes, by rights/agreement, do not get a share of as evidenced by the Supernova 5, Firestorm, Ostscout, etc.  Since what the Sea Foxes sell makes up most of IS Clan General, the lists would not be different (yet).

I feel like there are some "not"s in here that are not accurate, because the Protectorate does have domestic production and the Sea Foxes do get a share in the same way they get a share of everything else by trialing or contracting for it.  The Protectorate military is also made up of significant portions of native FWL residents, the whole polity is less than an IS generation old and trade between FWL member states is not so much reasonable to infer as it is unreasonable to suggest that it isn't commonplace.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #1049 on: 08 June 2022, 23:34:31 »
I feel like there are some "not"s in here that are not accurate, because the Protectorate does have domestic production and the Sea Foxes do get a share in the same way they get a share of everything else by trialing or contracting for it.  The Protectorate military is also made up of significant portions of native FWL residents, the whole polity is less than an IS generation old and trade between FWL member states is not so much reasonable to infer as it is unreasonable to suggest that it isn't commonplace.

Okay, so what do they produce the Foxes do not sell?  Everything that appeared in the RecGuides was for sale by the Foxes.  The 'C' convert of the . . . Tempest? was referenced and never given a TRO-style entry nor RS, so it is not in the MUL.  The Inner Sphere production that was on those worlds would not count since they would not be IS Clan General.

The one thing I found on their list that was Clan that would not be on the IS Clan General is not produced there either- the Tiburon, which among the Clan Protectorate forces is still a Fox-only item so far.
Colt Ward

Register