Author Topic: Clan Protectorate  (Read 202199 times)

Angrii

• Sergeant
Re: Clan Protectorate
« Reply #1080 on: 14 July 2022, 16:11:32 »
Why do we think Kisho is coming back in the first place? It's possible he and his exiles skedaddled to the Periphery somewhere to live on their own terms much like the Fidelis did in their early days. I wouldn't blame them for not wanting to come back.
Welcome to interesting times

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #1081 on: 14 July 2022, 17:13:38 »
Because he is a Legend of the ilClan era . . . basically means he has to do SOMETHING significant for that period, and the last confirmed time we saw him was in Dark Age . . . which is not where he was a Legend.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Angrii

• Sergeant
« Reply #1082 on: 14 July 2022, 18:45:06 »
And that something significant might take place outside the sphere. Just look at the Scorpion Empire; they've been coming up aces on the fringes.
Welcome to interesting times

BrianDavion

• Captain
« Reply #1083 on: 14 July 2022, 21:35:56 »
And that something significant might take place outside the sphere. Just look at the Scorpion Empire; they've been coming up aces on the fringes.

yeah but notice the scorpions didn't get any characters in legends? Battletech has always been pretty inner sphere centric.
The Suns will shine again

Flaresnake

• Master Sergeant
  • The Star League is Eternal
« Reply #1084 on: 14 July 2022, 21:47:50 »

yeah but notice the scorpions didn't get any characters in legends? Battletech has always been pretty inner sphere centric.

That is true but such a waste of an interesting and unique location
"I'm not a warrior, I'm a soldier. There's a difference. Warriors attack and conquer, they prey on the weak. Soldiers defend and protect the innocent—usually from warriors."-Carth Onasi

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #1085 on: 15 July 2022, 14:36:13 »
Why do we think Kisho is coming back in the first place? It's possible he and his exiles skedaddled to the Periphery somewhere to live on their own terms much like the Fidelis did in their early days. I wouldn't blame them for not wanting to come back.
Because they didnt have time to bring any other infrastructure with them, and unlike the Fidelis, dont have a major power service as their sugar daddy. They figuratively just had the clothes off their backs.

And honestly 'escaped in the nick of time with the genetic repository' is a pretty big plot hook what with the Protectorate right there.

Geg

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
    • Jade Corsair
« Reply #1086 on: 24 July 2022, 10:09:34 »
We've got a RAT boys! It's not just two lines in the middle of the FWL table anymore.

I am a little bummed that the Protectorate RAT is so Clan TechBase heavy. 

I was hoping for some old Republic Tech or at least a some hold over smattering of FWLs IS Mechs.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #1087 on: 24 July 2022, 17:59:22 »
The Spirit Cats have had RATs, and FM3145 had a FWL sub-faction bit.  But by 3151, they have had nearly 10 years to be established and with the Foxes providing a lot of support to create Clan production . . . for a slice of that production too.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #1088 on: 25 July 2022, 15:30:55 »
I am a little bummed that the Protectorate RAT is so Clan TechBase heavy. 

I was hoping for some old Republic Tech or at least a some hold over smattering of FWLs IS Mechs.

Maybe a 3160 field manual will roll around with some third line clan forces for you. They'll have some solohma non-trueborn forces eventually...

If the wolves don't eat us.
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Rncavenger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1089 on: 27 July 2022, 08:45:11 »
Maybe a 3160 field manual will roll around with some third line clan forces for you. They'll have some solohma non-trueborn forces eventually...

Does Nova/Spirit Cats have a solahma? They are historically much more tolerant towards the old warriors than the rest of the clans.

CJC070

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1090 on: 27 July 2022, 09:23:44 »

I think we will only see front and second line forces any more and it becomes overwhelming.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1091 on: 27 July 2022, 11:39:52 »
I don't think that they have the numbers to make the solahma distinction.

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #1092 on: 27 July 2022, 19:46:53 »
If Tamar Rising and Empire Alone have taught us (or the Inner Sphere Clans) anything, it should definitely be to not underestimate an old man in a profession where men die young.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Rncavenger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1093 on: 14 August 2022, 03:36:47 »
https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/collections/battletech/products/battletech-legends-pandoras-gambit-by-randall-n-bills

A Rikkard mech with the Nova Cat emblem. Most likely a mistake, but it's funny considering the dispute about Spirit Cats.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #1094 on: 14 August 2022, 12:55:21 »
It is the Shadow Hawk IIC he used in that book . . . but TPTB switched him back to a Firestarter like he had in the beginning of MWDA.
Colt Ward

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #1095 on: 16 August 2022, 18:43:50 »

That's where the clans came from. >.>
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Geg

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
    • Jade Corsair
« Reply #1096 on: 18 August 2022, 11:29:54 »
Because they didnt have time to bring any other infrastructure with them, and unlike the Fidelis, dont have a major power service as their sugar daddy. They figuratively just had the clothes off their backs.

And honestly 'escaped in the nick of time with the genetic repository' is a pretty big plot hook what with the Protectorate right there.

Petr Kalasa is playing the Devlin Stone role for the Spirit Cats.  The Spina Khanate / Sea Foxes as a whole have been pretty aggressive in terms of helping the Protectorate expand into a full blown Mircostate.   I feel like of all the known unknown plot hooks we have floating around for the current era that a plurality of them are swirling around the Protectorate.

Rncavenger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1097 on: 18 August 2022, 12:29:27 »
Petr Kalasa is playing the Devlin Stone role for the Spirit Cats.  The Spina Khanate / Sea Foxes as a whole have been pretty aggressive in terms of helping the Protectorate expand into a full blown Mircostate.   I feel like of all the known unknown plot hooks we have floating around for the current era that a plurality of them are swirling around the Protectorate.

Everything can be. Considering that we still know almost nothing about the internal affairs of the Clan Protectorate. However, every year there is less and less hope that when we find out about it. If it wasn't for Kisho Nova The Cat in Legends, I would have already thought that about Nova/Spirit Cats just prefer to forget.
« Last Edit: 18 August 2022, 12:43:40 by Rncavenger »

Guardian11

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1098 on: 21 August 2022, 21:51:47 »
One thing that seems to be indicated by the last lore page of Tamar Rising, the nabbing of all Comstar assets in the FWL, and the deal Petr Kalasa made with Othar in Redemption Rites; is that the Sea Foxes will be bringing online the HPG network and essentially be the new Comstar. If the Clans have the advantage of interstellar communications, that maybe enough of a barrel to put the FWL over that they agree to a deal negotiated by the Sea Foxes to join the Star League. The FWL as the first Great House to join the Star League would be somewhat poetic considering how integral a Marik was to the founding of the original Star League. 

Metallgewitter

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1099 on: 24 August 2022, 06:32:51 »
One thing that seems to be indicated by the last lore page of Tamar Rising, the nabbing of all Comstar assets in the FWL, and the deal Petr Kalasa made with Othar in Redemption Rites; is that the Sea Foxes will be bringing online the HPG network and essentially be the new Comstar. If the Clans have the advantage of interstellar communications, that maybe enough of a barrel to put the FWL over that they agree to a deal negotiated by the Sea Foxes to join the Star League. The FWL as the first Great House to join the Star League would be somewhat poetic considering how integral a Marik was to the founding of the original Star League.

The question will be if the Foxes can keep it secret HOW they operate their HPG's and how they restored them. As Anastasius Focht so well said "a kick is usually more efficient then a prayer"  And what would keep the Free Worlds from simply seizing everything from the Foxes? The Clan Protectorate lies within the new League. Not exactly a secure place if you ask me especially since the beatings the Protectorate forces got from the other League units.

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
« Reply #1100 on: 24 August 2022, 14:30:51 »
The Protectorate is not the home of the Sea Foxes. They would regret the loss of investment, but it would be fatal.
OTOH the FWL nearly died the last time they annoyed the phone company while fighting against the neighbours who were still paying.

Metallgewitter

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1101 on: 25 August 2022, 06:42:25 »
The Protectorate is not the home of the Sea Foxes. They would regret the loss of investment, but it would be fatal.
OTOH the FWL nearly died the last time they annoyed the phone company while fighting against the neighbours who were still paying.

Small difference though: that phone company had wormed itself into several branches of said goverment (even so far that BA production was only possible with said phone guys and let's not forget the systems installed on mayn Warships) and even had the secrets to pull the rug under from it's best leader. Does this apply to the Foxes at the moment?

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
« Reply #1102 on: 25 August 2022, 07:05:03 »

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #1103 on: 25 August 2022, 09:06:21 »
BA production might have started off requiring the phone company, but by the time they went on their rampage it no longer applied.
Colt Ward

Rncavenger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1104 on: 16 September 2022, 10:27:16 »
 A new special unit of the Clan Protectorate in Shrapnel 10 unit digest section!  :thumbsup: And it's commander is Kara Fletcher from Dark age clickgame :)
 There is also a minor spoiler for the upcoming war between the League and the Wolves. It seems that the Beta Striker cluster will not survive this war.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #1105 on: 16 September 2022, 10:56:24 »
Well, the Scorchers were her unit in that too . . . just shows they were part of the Spirit Cats that made it out.  IIRC, she actually was a Republic Horse.
Colt Ward

Geg

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
    • Jade Corsair
« Reply #1106 on: 28 October 2022, 11:17:23 »
A new special unit of the Clan Protectorate in Shrapnel 10 unit digest section!  :thumbsup: And it's commander is Kara Fletcher from Dark age clickgame :)
 There is also a minor spoiler for the upcoming war between the League and the Wolves. It seems that the Beta Striker cluster will not survive this war.

The Beta Strike Cluster doesn't seam to be living up to expectations of the ristars that lead it.

Well, the Scorchers were her unit in that too . . . just shows they were part of the Spirit Cats that made it out.  IIRC, she actually was a Republic Horse.

It would have been the forces with Rosse in I, II, and III that joined up with Kishu for certain doom against the combine right?  I would have expected most of the Rimward units to make their way over to Rikkard sooner or later.

I still find it weird to read Galaxy Commander rather than Star Commander Rikkard Nova Cat.

Church14

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1107 on: 28 October 2022, 11:41:14 »

I’m not sure how any of that works.
- The end of EA is the FWL declares war and starts the first moves to attack the Empire. Not exactly ready to join
- FWL is used to no HPG. Being denied that isn’t gonna stop them now. It would provide an advantage for the Empire on defense though.
- Speaking of. The Empire has 10 clusters and a Keshik to defend with and has had several of those mangled, including the Keshik. So unless the Foxes want to put their own asses on the line as shock troops for Alaric, who’s bending the FWL over the barrel?
- I don’t see Spirit Cats betraying the one group that’s treated them well in the last century because… ilClan? I dunno what the sales pitch is.

We also saw Alaric reject Rasalhague Dominion for not being 100% in favor of joining. It looks like he wants a big pure clan league What’s different that he would take the deal with FWL?

There’s always room for me to be wrong. I just don’t see how FWL goes from putting boot to Wolf Empire neck to joining Alaric’s faux league in a short time period.

Geg

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
    • Jade Corsair
« Reply #1108 on: 28 October 2022, 12:39:23 »
- I don’t see Spirit Cats betraying the one group that’s treated them well in the last century because… ilClan? I dunno what the sales pitch is.

The Spirit Cats are divided on the issues.   the 1st Provisional and the Beta Cluster both went off to fight for the ilClan on their own.   If Beta gets mauled on New Olympia, which is right next door to Atreus,  I don't see them getting mauled fighting for Jessica.

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #1109 on: 28 October 2022, 16:51:03 »
I don't see them getting mauled fighting for Jessica.

I'd certainly hope not, considering that Jessica's dead.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Register