Author Topic: Clan Protectorate  (Read 202129 times)

Church14

• Lieutenant
Re: Clan Protectorate
« Reply #1230 on: 02 January 2024, 12:42:25 »
I'd put my Kerensky's on the Wolves taking their Blood Legacies with them to Terra, they were all in, the facilities may have been left behind but noway they would leave the legacies to garrison troops and cadets

I'd guess that they'd have done something like the Nova Cats did with Kisho the legacies themselves must be in container like transports it would be cool if it was explained sometime how they are transported

They didn’t take the sibko’s, but they take the genetic vaults?

Minemech

• Captain
« Reply #1231 on: 02 January 2024, 15:02:12 »
Clan Wolf could have survived if their touman had been defeated at Terra and could still survive losing it to the CCAF. The chips have been anted with the choice of the Empire's governing leadership. The Empire may not have the power to stop the League, but it could make moves to keep the Clan alive in a variety of directions.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #1232 on: 02 January 2024, 16:42:17 »
That should be the only possibility though I expect that they have at least some repositories in their empire otherwise they could not "breed" new Trueborns. This would be a gap in their entire Clan they would need to bridge. Of course I am not sure if they also took examples of their Iron wombs with them or have to begin from scratch in the Terran system.

The physical structures can be replaced pretty easily it's common Clan tech even if the Wolves don't have the equipment the Foxes will trade it to them

They didn’t take the sibko’s, but they take the genetic vaults?

The Sibkos are dead weight they haven't proven themselves in battle and they are an unknown quantity - makes sense to leave them behind the genetic pool loses nothing

Those legacies are the past present and future of the Clan. They are everything that Nicholas Kerensky wanted for the Clans and the Wolves making it to Terra and becoming ilClan is the crowning achievement, if they are anywhere I think they'll be on McKenna's Pride during the battle then on Terra , no way Alaric sacrifices that on his way to a Terra IMO especially with no return since victory. He had the originals or he has copies

My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Church14

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1233 on: 02 January 2024, 17:45:13 »
The Sibkos are dead weight they haven't proven themselves in battle and they are an unknown quantity - makes sense to leave them behind the genetic pool loses nothing

Those legacies are the past present and future of the Clan. They are everything that Nicholas Kerensky wanted for the Clans and the Wolves making it to Terra and becoming ilClan is the crowning achievement, if they are anywhere I think they'll be on McKenna's Pride during the battle then on Terra , no way Alaric sacrifices that on his way to a Terra IMO especially with no return since victory. He had the originals or he has copies

I’m not being snarky, but this makes no sense.

The repository being on McKenna’s pride places huge risk that wolves lose everything if they lose a single ship. Remember that they brought suicide bombers and had no really way to know that RAF wouldn’t respond in kind. Moving the repositories or the sibkos before they secure Terra cripples any chance of wolf surviving if Alaric failed.

Moving those makes sense out of universe where we know wolf plot armor demands a victory, but the wolves weren’t supposed to know they’d do it for sure.

BrianDavion

• Captain
« Reply #1234 on: 02 January 2024, 18:17:19 »

The repository being on McKenna’s pride places huge risk that wolves lose everything if they lose a single ship. Remember that they brought suicide bombers and had no really way to know that RAF wouldn’t respond in kind. Moving the repositories or the sibkos before they secure Terra cripples any chance of wolf surviving if Alaric failed.

Moving those makes sense out of universe where we know wolf plot armor demands a victory, but the wolves weren’t supposed to know they’d do it for sure.

There's an old story about a pirate captain who knew he needed to capture a ship, and to ensure his crew fought their hardest deliberately sunk his own ship as they boarded the other one, sometimes people really are willing to make a fight 100% "do or die"
The Suns will shine again

Fire Scorpion IIC

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1235 on: 02 January 2024, 18:23:29 »

DNA samples can be kept in more than one place

You just need some empty vials and an extra fridge

Geg

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
    • Jade Corsair
« Reply #1236 on: 04 January 2024, 19:56:35 »
I'd guess that they'd have done something like the Nova Cats did with Kisho the legacies themselves must be in container like transports it would be cool if it was explained sometime how they are transported

Genetic information is just data.

The 2.9 billion base pairs of the haploid human genome correspond to a maximum of about 725 megabytes of data, since every base pair can be coded by 2 bits. Since individual genomes vary by less than 1% from each other, they can be losslessly compressed to roughly 4 megabytes.  Most portable USB drives could easily move any given clans entire genetic legacy.

Taking the mortal remaining, the gift takes, with them is largely symbolic, and also not something that would require a tremendous amount of space to move.

Spirit Cat Refugee

• Sergeant
  • Still alive
« Reply #1237 on: 04 January 2024, 20:04:33 »
Reading Shrapnel #15, apparently a group of Clan Jade Falcon warriors came to the Clan Protectorate after the Jade Falcon Civil War and asked to join, but got turned down.

Dang, wish the Spirit Cats had said yes, get a trinary or two of warriors for free.
Clan Protectorate

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
  • Stephanie & Jiyi Chistu "Restoring Honor to CJF !"
    • Clan Jade Falcon:  SWTOR
« Reply #1238 on: 05 January 2024, 05:49:32 »
Reading Shrapnel #15, apparently a group of Clan Jade Falcon warriors came to the Clan Protectorate after the Jade Falcon Civil War and asked to join, but got turned down.

Dang, wish the Spirit Cats had said yes, get a trinary or two of warriors for free.

Which story is that in #15 ?

Flaresnake

• Master Sergeant
  • The Star League is Eternal
« Reply #1239 on: 06 January 2024, 19:58:36 »
Which story is that in #15 ?

Tales of the Strange Bedfellows
"I'm not a warrior, I'm a soldier. There's a difference. Warriors attack and conquer, they prey on the weak. Soldiers defend and protect the innocent—usually from warriors."-Carth Onasi

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1240 on: 06 January 2024, 21:58:20 »
Genetic information is just data.

The 2.9 billion base pairs of the haploid human genome correspond to a maximum of about 725 megabytes of data, since every base pair can be coded by 2 bits. Since individual genomes vary by less than 1% from each other, they can be losslessly compressed to roughly 4 megabytes.  Most portable USB drives could easily move any given clans entire genetic legacy.

Taking the mortal remaining, the gift takes, with them is largely symbolic, and also not something that would require a tremendous amount of space to move.

Thanks thinking about that it makes total sense for some reason I was thinking of the giftakes as the samples but they are scientists who knows what they get up to

That would have been interesting - seriously why not trial for them don't let them join just like that make them fight. I have to catch up with sharpnel
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1241 on: 07 January 2024, 06:55:33 »
It should be remembered that this was not long after Malvina took control of the clan.  The Falcons had a bit of a reputation for being insane from that point onward.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #1242 on: 07 January 2024, 12:17:19 »
It should be remembered that this was not long after Malvina took control of the clan.  The Falcons had a bit of a reputation for being insane from that point onward.

Plus they would have to consider how it would make them look with their neighbors.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1243 on: 07 January 2024, 13:28:23 »
True and I guess Malvina wouldn't have been against throwing a disposable WarShip at the Protectorate just to make a point about taking her warriors

Fire Scorpion IIC

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1244 on: 07 January 2024, 16:18:40 »

What happened to those Falcons after that?

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1245 on: 07 January 2024, 17:09:58 »
Many were killed repulsing attacks against Republic worlds with Jade Falcon enclaves.  The rest are founding members of the Strange Bedfellows mercenary unit.

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1246 on: 08 January 2024, 07:05:41 »
Just finished reading it.

Good read, who knows Jiyi may have use for them  :grin:

Hats off, loved this bit

"My fellow Jade Falcons, our Clan is now led by an abomination who not only kills conquered worlds, but our own enclaves. She has destroyed all of Hammarr to eliminate all opposition within the Clan. Many of us will be pruged instead of dying for the good of the Clan or the Founder's dreams for humanity. should you survive that, you will become her butchers, and your codex and Bloodheritage will be forever tainted by association with that malignancy. I am leaving Sudeten to chart another path to fulfill Kerensky's vision. All those who wish to go with me should board this ship now."

Perhaps this story has a prequel story (after leaving Sudeten)

On another note it would have been interesting if they did hold their enclaves or were accepted in The Protectorate and kept their namesake and legacy ? 

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1247 on: 12 January 2024, 03:12:50 »
Any guesses on the type of jumpship they escaped on ?

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #1248 on: 12 January 2024, 19:13:53 »
Any guesses on the type of jumpship they escaped on ?

If you're asking for speculation, I'd say it was either a Clan Scout or possibly an Invader.

I would actually go with the Invader.  It may be far larger than what they need, but Invaders seem very common in the Clan Toumans and easily in the reach of warriors who need to commandeer any transport immediately to get away from an insane leader like Malvina.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Krachenvogel

• Recruit
« Reply #1249 on: 07 March 2024, 10:46:30 »
So I'm pondering on putting together Kara's Scorchers as it seems like a good project to get a dedicated il'Clan era force, plus having a force dedicated to messing with your opponents heat curve sounds like a laugh.

Sarna lists the composition as essentially a medium nova, plus a heavy vehicle star capable of carrying a heavy BA star.
The medium nova is easy- plenty of medium omnis and medium BA on MUL for the Protectorate which have a way of heating things up for your opponent.
The heavy vehicle star is kind of doable. As they're supposed to have the IFVs for the heavy BA star, you end up with heavy-weight tanks (Shoden, Sekhmet etc) supporting medium-weight IFVs (Maxims and R10s). It's alright if you squint.
The heavy BA star though I'm at a loss. The MUL lists the Corona, Gnome and Thunderbird as Protectorate heavy BA and none of those have flamers or SRMs capable of carrying infernos. What's the most likely candidate for a Protectorate heavy BA for the Scorchers? Perhaps the Ogre or Phalanx, both of which are FWL available designs?

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #1250 on: 07 March 2024, 11:17:40 »
Deleted because apparently Sarna has everything of relevant interest in the Scorchers article.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: 07 March 2024, 11:26:25 by tassa_kay »
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #1251 on: 07 March 2024, 11:36:07 »
The heavy BA star though I'm at a loss. The MUL lists the Corona, Gnome and Thunderbird as Protectorate heavy BA and none of those have flamers or SRMs capable of carrying infernos. What's the most likely candidate for a Protectorate heavy BA for the Scorchers? Perhaps the Ogre or Phalanx, both of which are FWL available designs?

There's a Clan Protectorate-specific Battle Armor RAT on page 134 of Empire Alone. That might be a good place to check, as the Phalanx A and D appear on the Protectorate RAT. Also from that RAT, the Thunderbird is a solid heavy BA option, and the Xiphos B and C as well because of their loadouts. They use the Kopis as well, including the Mortar variant.
« Last Edit: 07 March 2024, 11:47:05 by tassa_kay »
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #1252 on: 07 March 2024, 12:25:43 »
There's an SRM version of the Corona as well, if you want to stick with Clan designs. SRM 5 with three shots, Heavy Recoiless and Heavy Flamer.

Angrii

• Sergeant
« Reply #1253 on: 07 March 2024, 14:44:46 »
Isn't the SRM Corona exclusive to the Homeworlds?
Welcome to interesting times

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #1254 on: 07 March 2024, 15:39:25 »
Isn't the SRM Corona exclusive to the Homeworlds?

Production-wise, probably. But that specific variant notably appeared in the Dominion during the Horse-Adder/Burrock/Bear fight on Thule (the Adders were using them against the Burrocks that were masquerading as Horses), and those Adders ended up staying with the Horses, so the Horses at least had access to those Coronas that the Adders brought along with them.

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #1255 on: 07 March 2024, 16:05:00 »
Production-wise, probably. But that specific variant notably appeared in the Dominion during the Horse-Adder/Burrock/Bear fight on Thule (the Adders were using them against the Burrocks that were masquerading as Horses), and those Adders ended up staying with the Horses, so the Horses at least had access to those Coronas that the Adders brought along with them.

It does give a plausable excuse from where they could have originated from. Although you'd want to keep the numbers low I guess.

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #1256 on: 07 March 2024, 19:54:07 »
It does give a plausable excuse from where they could have originated from. Although you'd want to keep the numbers low I guess.

Oh, absolutely. The only way I could see them ending up in the Protectorate is if the Foxes get them from the Horses, and I don't see the Horses selling them without a means of producing them. The Foxes could always Trial for them but that seems like a bit of a long shot.

Minemech

• Captain
« Reply #1257 on: 07 March 2024, 20:42:38 »
 If the Clans of the Protectorate worked through the proper institutions such as the Free Worlds Technical institute in the Free Worlds League, they likely could dissect any suit and reverse engineer it. Remember the League does have an NAIS equivalent. There is no more Blakist interference.
« Last Edit: 07 March 2024, 20:44:16 by Minemech »

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #1258 on: 07 March 2024, 21:17:33 »
If the Clans of the Protectorate worked through the proper institutions such as the Free Worlds Technical institute in the Free Worlds League, they likely could dissect any suit and reverse engineer it. Remember the League does have an NAIS equivalent. There is no more Blakist interference.

We can't assume that's the case, though. There's absolutely no evidence of it.

Minemech

• Captain
« Reply #1259 on: 07 March 2024, 21:26:08 »
We can't assume that's the case, though. There's absolutely no evidence of it.
Of them working together, that is a matter of politics. Of the capability, it is definitely there.

Register