Author Topic: Clan Protectorate  (Read 202156 times)

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
Re: Clan Protectorate
« Reply #180 on: 11 August 2013, 13:49:00 »
Well, Shark Foxes and Cat survivors will now be neighbors of the crazy incarnate, whether or not they step it up. 

Goodbye, cruel Kerensky Cluster... 

Hello, XIN SHENG!   ;D

A Shark Fox/Cappie/Cat Alliance...now THERE'S something I'd like to see at work!   ;D
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #181 on: 11 August 2013, 21:19:05 »
Might as well call it the Spanish Inquisition.  No one expects it.   :)
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

WONC

• Warrant Officer
  • Don't Stop Believin'
« Reply #182 on: 11 August 2013, 22:18:42 »
They thought the fire mandrills were crazy, but in the words of ol jack,"Wait till they get a load of me!" and by load they mean -lots- of artillery and mines.

Hey now, the Mandrills weren't crazy. Well, not all of them. Just the ones in power.  ;D
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

"Being tactful in audacity is knowing how far one can go too far."
Jean Cocteau

The Once & Future WiseOldNovaCat

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #183 on: 11 August 2013, 22:32:02 »

Well, one can remain "pure" while also allowing others to join them.  The Spirit Cats didn't want to join back up with Jacali Nostra's Nova Cats, but that doesn't mean other Nova Cats can't 'see the light' and come join up on Marik. :)

Pure yes. But it says seperate and pure. Which makes me wonder.

Im personally not against it. But I think the cata in marik might suspect the other cats of rosse's death.

I really like the spirit cats. They are like distilled nova cats. The tattoos. The piercings. The spirit reverence and the visions really make them what the nova cats could have been.
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #184 on: 11 August 2013, 22:41:38 »
Maybe the novacats should have moved to Eugene oregon instead of the FWL, they would have fit in with our hippys  ;D
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #185 on: 11 August 2013, 22:45:57 »
Maybe the novacats should have moved to Eugene oregon instead of the FWL, they would have fit in with our hippys  ;D

They love campfires. They are pushing a native american aesthetic hard. Its a good fit. However. They are still violent clansmen.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #186 on: 11 August 2013, 22:51:10 »
*snickers* So are some of our hippys  ;D
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #187 on: 11 August 2013, 23:11:23 »
Considering their new supplier spirit cats are going to have mountains of mad cats.

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #188 on: 14 August 2013, 15:37:38 »
Considering their new supplier spirit cats are going to have mountains of mad cats.

New Supplier?
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #189 on: 14 August 2013, 16:42:53 »
New Supplier?

Sorry. Wrote it on my phone. The Spirit Cats have the collective funds of the protectorate, live on a world that the sea foxes will build out factories on because its backed by the free worlds league.

So the spirit cats are going to be stacked with savage wolves, vulture iv's and warhammer iic's

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
« Reply #190 on: 14 August 2013, 21:58:18 »
Sorry. Wrote it on my phone. The Spirit Cats have the collective funds of the protectorate, live on a world that the sea foxes will build out factories on because its backed by the free worlds league.

So the spirit cats are going to be stacked with savage wolves, vulture iv's and warhammer iic's

"Okay, the Spirit Cats are attacking us with one Cluster.  It is entirely Warhammer IICs.  And there's a Shark Fox with a T-shirt that says 'Dibs on his stuff' on it."

"WE SURRENDER!"
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #191 on: 14 August 2013, 22:54:38 »
Im really expecting the league to become the sea fox home base. (Other than the isles) its the only place where a stellar empire will back us up if attacked. Protectorates are good business.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
« Reply #192 on: 14 August 2013, 23:01:16 »
Im really expecting the league to become the sea fox home base. (Other than the isles) its the only place where a stellar empire will back us up if attacked. Protectorates are good business.

I like to think we have a giant manufacturing annex in the Isles.  Preferably making some "extinctish" designs, like the Mongrendel, the Ebon Jaguar, and various Steel Viper Mechs.

Well, that and our Pizza R&D center.

Kamose

• Lieutenant
  • In the end, there can be only one...
« Reply #193 on: 14 August 2013, 23:05:03 »
I like your way of thinking, Kitsune... this has gotten me even more excited about the Spirit Cats and the Clan Protectorate in general.  In essence, the Sea Foxes get a free world to base from, without the hassles of governing, taxing, maintaining, or garrisoning it.  In exchange, the Cats get a refuge for their people, membership in a sovereign nation that is NOT the Republic (and is gaining its strength), plus a supplier of premium armaments and the promise of military aid from the Foxes as well.  Nicely done, my friend.  Your Clan bids well!
Cheers,
Kamose

Kamose

• Lieutenant
  • In the end, there can be only one...
« Reply #194 on: 14 August 2013, 23:07:36 »
I like to think we have a giant manufacturing annex in the Isles.  Preferably making some "extinctish" designs, like the Mongrendel, the Ebon Jaguar, and various Steel Viper Mechs.

Well, that and our Pizza R&D center.
Pizza?  I thought your bargain was for a Denny's on Twycross.  Does this mean more Trials of Posession for Pizza?
Regards,
Kamose

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
« Reply #195 on: 14 August 2013, 23:13:04 »
Pizza?  I thought your bargain was for a Denny's on Twycross.  Does this mean more Trials of Posession for Pizza?
Regards,
Kamose

Josh Steiner-Davion has the Denny's on Twycross.  I can't remember why pizza came up in the Shark Foxes thread, but I'm almost positive it wasn't ENTIRELY my fault this time.  But the Shark Foxes shall be the most bitching pizza chain in all of existence.  Aerospace Pizza Delivery (imagine trying to bilk THEM out of a tip), superior Clan Sciencetoppings, it's gonna be awesome!

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #196 on: 14 August 2013, 23:13:26 »
I like your way of thinking, Kitsune... this has gotten me even more excited about the Spirit Cats and the Clan Protectorate in general.  In essence, the Sea Foxes get a free world to base from, without the hassles of governing, taxing, maintaining, or garrisoning it.  In exchange, the Cats get a refuge for their people, membership in a sovereign nation that is NOT the Republic (and is gaining its strength), plus a supplier of premium armaments and the promise of military aid from the Foxes as well.  Nicely done, my friend.  Your Clan bids well!
Cheers,
Kamose

Another fun fact is that rikkard nova cat learned from ian davions ghost to sacrifice his honor to protect his people.

Petr kalasa learned to care about all of his people the hard way.

They are fast friends. But I like the basis of the relationship.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #197 on: 14 August 2013, 23:16:50 »
Josh Steiner-Davion has the Denny's on Twycross.  I can't remember why pizza came up in the Shark Foxes thread, but I'm almost positive it wasn't ENTIRELY my fault this time.  But the Shark Foxes shall be the most bitching pizza chain in all of existence.  Aerospace Pizza Delivery (imagine trying to bilk THEM out of a tip), superior Clan Sciencetoppings, it's gonna be awesome!

And we share a world with the ex samurai spirit (pizza) cats.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
« Reply #198 on: 14 August 2013, 23:17:39 »
And we share a world with the ex samurai spirit (pizza) cats.

That's clearly a sign if there ever was one!

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #199 on: 14 August 2013, 23:52:58 »

How does an ASF pick up the tip?  Fulton surface-to-air recovery system?
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

WONC

• Warrant Officer
  • Don't Stop Believin'
« Reply #200 on: 14 August 2013, 23:53:54 »

Hmm, I'd thought the SharkFoxes would've gone with some kind of orbital bombardment delivery system. Hot and fresh under 30 seconds or you're dead!
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

"Being tactful in audacity is knowing how far one can go too far."
Jean Cocteau

The Once & Future WiseOldNovaCat

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
« Reply #201 on: 14 August 2013, 23:59:18 »
Hmm, I'd thought the SharkFoxes would've gone with some kind of orbital bombardment delivery system. Hot and fresh under 30 seconds or you're dead!

That's for orders of 30 pizzas or more.

Yes, that does happen.

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #202 on: 15 August 2013, 01:34:20 »
Hey, the Claws of the Ghost can put some deep dish away, man.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #203 on: 15 August 2013, 08:44:58 »
http://bg.battletech.com/download/MWDA_Uniques.pdf

Deadborder posted this over in the Nova Cat page.

For those interested in the Spirit Cats it has a lot of Spirit Cat warriors. Read them all and you get a bigger picture of the faction. Keep in mind the 'Purifiers' which are the really, really spiritual ones are the ones that conquered Marik.

Edit: They still do the Solahma thing, but they're far more tolerant of older warriors. Spirit Quest a lot.

Second Edit: The first Sea Fox you run into in those dossiers is called 'The Snake' and leaves a bit to be desired.
Third Edit: Though the second one calls the notion that Clan Sea Fox has lost its edge, 'out dated' so I suppose a lot of the clans that thought we were more merchant than warrior learned a bitter lesson.
« Last Edit: 15 August 2013, 08:51:22 by Kitsune413 »

Captain of C-21

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #204 on: 15 August 2013, 09:55:10 »
The Purifiers were a cluster in the Spirit Cat Touman, but Rikkard's force to Marik had more than just Purifiers in it.  He himself was the Star Colonel of the Shiva Keshik Cluster.  I think he actually managed to gather up a majority of the Spirit Cats for taking the planet, and had a bit of every cluster there.

I own most of those dossiers myself.  Always fun to reread them all. :)

Proud Warrior of the Clan Protectorate.

Looking to play clix Mechwarrior in the Northeast Ohio area?  Come join our playing group!

Quote from: Worktroll
Face it - MW:DA had, for its run, massively greater commercial success than BattleTech's ever had. Over two million click-base minis - want to guess where the number of BT minis comes in? I'd guess on the order of a few percent of that. While BT has survived for 30 years, we've never had the same number of players at any point. The pity was that unlike BT, MW:DA ended up being run by businessmen, not game fanatics.

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #205 on: 15 August 2013, 09:56:34 »
Keep in mind the 'Purifiers' which are the really, really spiritual ones are the ones that conquered Marik.

It was actually a mix from the three clusters. Rikkard Nova Cat, for instance, was not a Purifier.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #206 on: 15 August 2013, 09:56:53 »
The Purifiers were a cluster in the Spirit Cat Touman, but Rikkard's force to Marik had more than just Purifiers in it.  He himself was the Star Colonel of the Shiva Keshik Cluster.  I think he actually managed to gather up a majority of the Spirit Cats for taking the planet, and had a bit of every cluster there.

I own most of those dossiers myself.  Always fun to reread them all. :)

Are you sticking to the clickytech? Or considering expanding into classic battletech with the new 3145 stuff?

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #207 on: 15 August 2013, 09:59:22 »
It was actually a mix from the three clusters. Rikkard Nova Cat, for instance, was not a Purifier.

Ahh. I was going off of Janis, who was with him. I had read his dossier, but didn't notice he was part of the Shiva Keshik.

Omicron sounds like they're spoiling the party! Also was surprised he piloted a FireStarter. Having blown up one recently I didn't think much of the design, but that could have been a fluke.

Captain of C-21

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #208 on: 15 August 2013, 10:02:13 »
Are you sticking to the clickytech? Or considering expanding into classic battletech with the new 3145 stuff?

Probably a bit more appropriate to a PM, but I don't know.  Definitely will keep up on the story.  I may look into Alpha Strike, which is supposed to eventually get to 3145, but right now I'm just trying to get a hardy group of clix players back together and showing up regularly.  Probably need to find some CBT players in the area already if I wanted to really learn that one. :D

On other more related news, I'm thinking of making a unique Shadow Hawk IIC for Rikkard in clix fashion.  Just got to get my hands of a worthless Shadow Hawk mech from the FP expansion and I'll be good to go.

Proud Warrior of the Clan Protectorate.

Looking to play clix Mechwarrior in the Northeast Ohio area?  Come join our playing group!

Quote from: Worktroll
Face it - MW:DA had, for its run, massively greater commercial success than BattleTech's ever had. Over two million click-base minis - want to guess where the number of BT minis comes in? I'd guess on the order of a few percent of that. While BT has survived for 30 years, we've never had the same number of players at any point. The pity was that unlike BT, MW:DA ended up being run by businessmen, not game fanatics.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #209 on: 15 August 2013, 10:19:59 »
While I'm quoting a novel, a quote relevant to our current discussion here.

Quote from: Petr Kalasa
“This is a transaction, an investment in the future,” Petr said, reminding his friend of ground they had covered. “For the Clan Protectorate to flourish, the Free Worlds League must be strong. Though there is no tangible return in the short run, our Clans and the worlds we protect are best served through this action.”