Author Topic: Clan Protectorate  (Read 202178 times)

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
Re: Clan Protectorate
« Reply #300 on: 20 August 2013, 20:23:17 »
My knee locks up if I keep it in the Captain Morgan pose too long. :'(  Bummer.  But on the bright side, I'm mostly unafraid of macaws  O0

Well, if ye can be in charge of the Macaw, I think that makes ye the Cap'n, yarrrrr.
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #301 on: 20 August 2013, 20:29:33 »
Well, if ye can be in charge of the Macaw, I think that makes ye the Cap'n, yarrrrr.

Didn't know the bird and the hat were a package deal.  You'd think an enterprising captain would delegate avian care.  But I guess that only means things don't always run so smoothly in the tiny despotic nations that pirate ships be, arrrgghh.

But, when you bust it back to basics, all Clans are pirates.  They've simply codified it with so many rules, you'd think they'd have come out with a new edition by now.   ;D
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

GhostCat

• Lieutenant
  • If A, then B, The Evil Genius Argument
« Reply #302 on: 20 August 2013, 20:32:40 »
"basicly pirates?"  Fine, we can now claim Herb's Cats as Isorla.  Let's see the Rusty Puppies beat THAT!

Even Pirates need a safe have or home base to rest and recover. 

Pirates, Thieves, Brigands, Murderers, Bandits, yes and a bunch of other names not worthy of repeating.  So, what makes them so different from the 'Divine Collaboration of Mighty Samurai'?  Would it be the Dragon's Hoard of unlimited wealth and resources spent on supporting an Army big enough to overwhelm the Nova Cats with sheer numbers?

"I have already lived too long. 
Now, you Must Kill me.
And I won't make it easy for you."

Spirit Cats of the Clan Nova Cat.  Always One and the Same.

GC
"Spirit Cats are just pirates basically." --- Quote from Herb

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #303 on: 20 August 2013, 20:35:11 »
But, when you bust it back to basics, all Clans are pirates.  They've simply codified it with so many rules, you'd think they'd have come out with a new edition by now.   ;D

Quoted for truth.

Or, in the words of Star Commodore Barbarossa: "First, your return to shore was not part of our negotiations nor our agreement so I must do nothing. And secondly, you must be a pirate for the pirate's code to apply and you're not. And thirdly, the code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules. Welcome aboard the Black Pearl, Miss Turner ."

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
« Reply #304 on: 20 August 2013, 20:52:36 »
Quoted for truth.

Or, in the words of Star Commodore Barbarossa: "First, your return to shore was not part of our negotiations nor our agreement so I must do nothing. And secondly, you must be a pirate for the pirate's code to apply and you're not. And thirdly, the code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules. Welcome aboard the Black Pearl, Miss Turner ."

Dammit, that just makes me angry about being unable to schedule a movie night with my "it's complicated" so we can watch "Life and Death of Peter Sellers" starring Geoffrey Rush.  You've ruined my evening, TDC.  Ruined it completely.
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #305 on: 20 August 2013, 22:39:56 »
I love geoffrey rush!
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #306 on: 20 August 2013, 22:51:03 »
My knee locks up if I keep it in the Captain Morgan pose too long. :'(  Bummer.  But on the bright side, I'm mostly unafraid of macaws  O0

I suggest prisoner squats... will strengthen the ligaments in your legs to support your knees.

Also clan sea fox / spirit cat marik pirate haven!

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #307 on: 21 August 2013, 07:10:08 »

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #308 on: 23 August 2013, 22:16:58 »
Thanks for the link, jim.  Very interesting.

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Nova Cain

• Corporal
« Reply #309 on: 24 August 2013, 00:28:26 »
Now I understand all the pirate conversation.  Sounds like making an investment in the future of the Clan Protectorate isn't going to pay dividends.
Mystic Failure:  How the heck did we not see THAT coming?

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #310 on: 24 August 2013, 08:39:11 »
Nah. He was talking about how davions reacted to er 3145. Calling the spirit cats pirates is just a quick easy way to explain they were one of the republics bandit troops after the blackout. Dont take it literally. They arent actually pirates. Just rogue cultist nova cats.

Rncavenger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #311 on: 24 August 2013, 09:12:18 »
 In real history some " just pirates basically" grow far much from this.  For example http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rurik .

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #312 on: 24 August 2013, 09:24:36 »
In real history some " just pirates basically" grow far much from this.  For example http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rurik .

Also the us navy, the british navy and he ancient chinese kingdom of wu off the top of my head.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #313 on: 24 August 2013, 09:56:09 »
Opportunism and privateering are common tools of naval-based warfare through the ages.  At one time, no one could stop doing it without giving up that advantage to another power. 

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #314 on: 24 August 2013, 11:45:14 »
The Sea Fox's don't pillage!! ...they negotiate  ;D
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #315 on: 24 August 2013, 11:49:16 »
The Sea Fox's don't pillage!! ...they negotiate  ;D

Not true, they negotiate their pillaging ;)
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #316 on: 24 August 2013, 11:58:06 »
Or as tdc calls it... traiding

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
« Reply #317 on: 25 August 2013, 04:22:36 »
Four words. East India Trading Company

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #318 on: 25 August 2013, 09:54:28 »
Four words. East India Trading Company

There do seem to be a few alarming parallels

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #319 on: 09 September 2013, 23:57:30 »
 Oh man. New Field Manual. Exciting stuff! Awesome state specific RAT for the protectorate. All good mechs!  ;D

Rncavenger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #320 on: 10 September 2013, 01:21:53 »
  And  Nova Cat cluster in Clan Protectorate  ;) . 6 clusters in total   
« Last Edit: 10 September 2013, 02:41:41 by Rncavenger »

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #321 on: 10 September 2013, 01:33:28 »
Shhhh!!! Spoiler Tags!  :)

Kamose

• Lieutenant
  • In the end, there can be only one...
« Reply #322 on: 10 September 2013, 14:31:25 »
Shhhh!!! Spoiler Tags!  :)
Sounds great!  Looks like I've got my new faction!  Does this mean I get to wear purple now?  ;D
Kamose

Captain of C-21

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #323 on: 10 September 2013, 14:36:31 »
Aw man, I just moved to a new apartment, going to be a week before I can download Field Manual.  All these happy Nova Cats on the forum are giving me goosebumps.  Can't wait to see what the news is.

Proud Warrior of the Clan Protectorate.

Looking to play clix Mechwarrior in the Northeast Ohio area?  Come join our playing group!

Quote from: Worktroll
Face it - MW:DA had, for its run, massively greater commercial success than BattleTech's ever had. Over two million click-base minis - want to guess where the number of BT minis comes in? I'd guess on the order of a few percent of that. While BT has survived for 30 years, we've never had the same number of players at any point. The pity was that unlike BT, MW:DA ended up being run by businessmen, not game fanatics.

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #324 on: 10 September 2013, 14:41:53 »
Sounds great!  Looks like I've got my new faction!  Does this mean I get to wear purple now?  ;D
Kamose

Yes you can.

Welcome to the League of Free Worlds.

Rncavenger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #325 on: 10 September 2013, 17:48:48 »
  Some strange:
- Omicron cluster commander bloodname Hardo. It is NC bloodname , but cluster have Sea Fox origin  (for example 2nd Protectorate Guardians commander have Sea Fox bloodname. )
 - 1st Protectorate Guardians commander bloodname Sender . It is WiE bloodname. How? Bondsman from Empire ?

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #326 on: 10 September 2013, 17:53:36 »
  Some strange:
- Omicron cluster commander bloodname Hardo. It is NC bloodname , but cluster have Sea Fox origin  (for example 2nd Protectorate Guardians commander have Sea Fox bloodname. )
 - 1st Protectorate Guardians commander bloodname Sender . It is WiE bloodname. How? Bondsman from Empire ?

Could be legacy's captured by that Clan if a warrior with a bloodname is captured from another Clan then their bloodline (descendants) can fight against those of the parent Clan for the right to continue to hold that bloodname.  Also non-exclusive bloodlines tend to be available in multiple Clans (the non-exclusive part) warriors who trace blood through them can compete in the Grand Melees and have a remote chance of winning

The idea of the non-exclusives (I think) was to make sure there was some chance of cross contamination of the bloodlines between the Clans ensuring that the pool of blood available did not become stagnant during the Clan's Isolation from the Inner Sphere.
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #327 on: 10 September 2013, 17:54:21 »
  Some strange:

P. 195 of WoR tells us that in the aftermath of the Reavings, Sender was spread to the Diamond Sharks (now Sea Foxes), Snow Ravens and Jade Falcons.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #328 on: 10 September 2013, 17:54:57 »
Sorry, double post.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #329 on: 10 September 2013, 18:28:44 »
Hmm. an odd choice by some Sea Foxes. But I'm happy and excited for the Protectorate

Register