Author Topic: Clan Protectorate  (Read 202125 times)

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Re: Clan Protectorate
« Reply #330 on: 10 September 2013, 21:08:50 »
page 99 in the new field manual, State of Free Worlds Readiness is awesome for the Clan Protectorate in the field of blowing things up and having fun in tabletop mech games. Pretty excited about it.
« Last Edit: 11 September 2013, 00:52:09 by Kitsune413 »
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

False Son

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Kot Blini
« Reply #331 on: 11 September 2013, 10:48:06 »
The future is looking bright for the Protectorate and by extension, the FWL.  I like that Jessica is using the PG's desire for Trial based combat to possibly win manufacturing quotas from Wolf occupied worlds.  That's win-win.

And there's still no word from Kisho.  So, here's to hoping.  If he shows up and sees Nova Cats alongside Spirit Cats it may lure him in.
TOYNBEE IDEA
IN MOViE `2001
RESURRECT DEAD
ON PLANET JUPITER

Destroy what destroys you

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #332 on: 11 September 2013, 13:25:05 »
And there's still no word from Kisho.  So, here's to hoping.  If he shows up and sees Nova Cats alongside Spirit Cats it may lure him in.

the Spirit Cats may ace him for killing Kev Rosse. Even though he didn't.

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #333 on: 11 September 2013, 13:49:58 »
Random thought... might the Steel Wolves be enticed into joining the Clan Protectorate?  They're stationed not that far away.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #334 on: 11 September 2013, 14:50:31 »
So at first I was just thinking that Omicron Cluster left Clan Sea Fox. But now I'm not so sure. It seems like they trialed to participate as ground forces for the Free Worlds League. But I don't know that they don't consider themselves still part of Clan Sea Fox.

I'm really interested in how the Clan Protectorate will develop. Will it be three clans, The Spirit Cats, the Sea Foxes and the Nova Cats, all developing their own traditions and forces? I had assumed at first that Omicron essentially became Spirit Cats. But I don't think that's the case anymore.

Rncavenger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #335 on: 11 September 2013, 14:58:16 »
So at first I was just thinking that Omicron Cluster left Clan Sea Fox. But now I'm not so sure. It seems like they trialed to participate as ground forces for the Free Worlds League. But I don't know that they don't consider themselves still part of Clan Sea Fox.

Their star colonel - nova/spirit cat whith Hardo bloodname.

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #336 on: 11 September 2013, 15:41:48 »
I just posted this question in the CNC thread but thought this could be a better place:

Has anything been said about a paint scheme for the 1st Nova Cat Provisionals? If not is there a good place to ask for a canonical statement?

I'll admit I'm being impatient but I've a great many minis that need painting and I'd love to do some in 1st NCP colors.
Light Assault Group - An Orwellian appelation applied by the Draconis Combine to troops haphazardly equipped with whatever expendable equipment was lying around the maintenance yard, for the purpose of throwing their lives away for the greater glory of the Dragon, see also Human Bombs.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #337 on: 11 September 2013, 15:44:06 »
I just posted this question in the CNC thread but thought this could be a better place:

Has anything been said about a paint scheme for the 1st Nova Cat Provisionals? If not is there a good place to ask for a canonical statement?

I'll admit I'm being impatient but I've a great many minis that need painting and I'd love to do some in 1st NCP colors.

I understand. I've got a Star of Mad Cats waiting to be painted and was waiting on the book. Maybe the best place is in the ask the writers forum.

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #338 on: 11 September 2013, 16:12:05 »
I understand. I've got a Star of Mad Cats waiting to be painted and was waiting on the book. Maybe the best place is in the ask the writers forum.

Done

Good idea BTW.

EDIT: Ask and you shall receive! Appropriate camo until further notice.

Now for force composition...
« Last Edit: 11 September 2013, 16:15:20 by Klat »
Light Assault Group - An Orwellian appelation applied by the Draconis Combine to troops haphazardly equipped with whatever expendable equipment was lying around the maintenance yard, for the purpose of throwing their lives away for the greater glory of the Dragon, see also Human Bombs.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #339 on: 11 September 2013, 16:15:28 »
Oh hey. Its Klat! Its really sad how much I identify posters by their avatars. Sometimes I don't notice for hours if someone changes their picture.  ;D I just think, "Who is this new person?!?"

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #340 on: 11 September 2013, 16:16:45 »
Oh hey. Its Klat! Its really sad how much I identify posters by their avatars. Sometimes I don't notice for hours if someone changes their picture.  ;D I just think, "Who is this new person?!?"

Yeah I change avatars a lot... sorry about that!  :D

I suppose a CNC avatar should be next.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #341 on: 11 September 2013, 16:20:10 »
Oh its ok. Your Avatar can be whatever you want it to be. Its just funny.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #342 on: 11 September 2013, 16:26:36 »
The Spirit Cats tended to stick to bone white with a colored accent. So its possible that the Provisionals will do the same. Or perhaps, they will try to mimic the colors of previous Marik-Stewart Commonwealth units. They do tend to be whats left.

The Old Spirit Cat tanks were steel grey with a big white stripe. So maybe that too.

http://www.warrenborn.com/Search.php?FACTION=Spirit Cats

Decoy

• Captain
« Reply #343 on: 11 September 2013, 16:30:52 »
I'm hoping they go back to the old Novacat scheme, which is black with a big nova burst in the center

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #344 on: 11 September 2013, 16:32:14 »
I'm hoping they go back to the old Novacat scheme, which is black with a big nova burst in the center

How 'bout a nice reversal of that?  White, with a big black nova burst at the centre.  Would stand out a bit.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #345 on: 11 September 2013, 16:32:54 »

I'm sure the First Nova Cat Provisionals do...

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #346 on: 11 September 2013, 16:34:28 »
How 'bout a nice reversal of that?  White, with a big black nova burst at the centre.  Would stand out a bit.

With red and blue pinstripe outlines of the black nova.  Thin ones, but still present.  That would be pimp daddy.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #347 on: 11 September 2013, 17:03:31 »
Wow, some of that would be really hard to paint; though it would look cool if done well.

All the same I'm going with "appropriate camo is appropriate" until I see otherwise on camospecs.

Appropriate camo, unless/until you see otherwise at CamoSpecs.com.

A big thanks to Adrian Gideon for such a quick reply.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #348 on: 11 September 2013, 17:05:27 »
Spirit Cat paint schemes -

Mechs:

Kev Rosse - White, black shoulder, gold accents on cockpit, grey knees muddy feet

Shiva Keshik -

Rikkard Nova Cat - Pure White with black accents
Liz Nostra - Pure White with black accents
Malisa Nova Cat - Pure White - Blue stripe, black accents
Kevin Nostra - ... dirty white with black accents and beige lower legs... think it needs a mech wash.
Marat Delaportas dirty white, with mud all over the legs and grey panneling
Sixo Nova Cat - White - grey panels
Lenett lossey - White, black accents, grey panels. mud

Purifiers -

Janis Nova Cat - white with black accents. muddy legs.
Sariah Nova Cat - Blue white with black muddy legs
Angus Drommund - White with black accents muddy legs
Lenell Nova Cat - white with grey panels. dirty feet
Arnis Drummond - White with grey panels. (no dirty feet. So obviously not a good Purifier MechWarrior)
Zabiha Nostra - White with grey panels - mud
Maria Devalis - White, Grey panels - mud
Monica Delaportas - White, Grey panels - mud
Rob Hoge - White, Grey panels - mud

Omicron Galaxy

Cora Nova Cat - steel/rust grey agromech
Kym Nova Cat - Beige with white accents
Susan Drummond - Beige with white accents
Faisal Rosse - Steel grey - muddy legs
youree Nova Cat - grey/beige with white panneling
Declan Devalis - Grey - white panneling, muddy legs

Some things to keep in mind

I would say the Shiva Keshik's paint scheme is Pure White with Black Accents
The Purifiers is white with steel grey panels or quarters of their mechs.
The Omicron Galaxy was Steel grey with white panels on their mechs.

Omicron Galaxy may not be the same as Omicron Cluster. Omicron Cluster is a Clan Sea Fox unit that decided to stay behind. Omicron Galaxy was hashing it out in the Republic.

Another fun thing from the Uniques pdf.

As a Clan, the Spirit Cats follow many rituals, many of them far different from those of other Clans. For example, in the Ritual of Battle (held before a combat), Spirit Cat warriors meet around a bonfire and tell stories of past battles won and combat to come. This ritual is also performed by warriors of Clan Nova Cat, from which the Spirit Cats were born.

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #349 on: 11 September 2013, 19:51:54 »
I actually rather liked the Nova Cat color scheme for MWDA. Although I would have reversed the black and white, i.e. Black main color scheme with white paneling. (And red and gold)

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #350 on: 11 September 2013, 20:01:47 »
I actually rather liked the Nova Cat color scheme for MWDA. Although I would have reversed the black and white, i.e. Black main color scheme with white paneling. (And red and gold)

hmm? Wasn't it white with gold cockpits/heads. and some black accents?

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #351 on: 12 September 2013, 06:25:59 »
Random thought... might the Steel Wolves be enticed into joining the Clan Protectorate?  They're stationed not that far away.

That would be interesting.

False Son

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Kot Blini
« Reply #352 on: 12 September 2013, 09:48:56 »
I can see them joining Clan Wolf proper more than the Protectorate.  The Steel Wolves wanted to see action more than anything.  And since Alaric is in position to strike Terra, they would be more tempted than being another weirdo upstart pseudo clan.
TOYNBEE IDEA
IN MOViE `2001
RESURRECT DEAD
ON PLANET JUPITER

Destroy what destroys you

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #353 on: 12 September 2013, 11:11:49 »
hmm? Wasn't it white with gold cockpits/heads. and some black accents?
:)
I was describing what the reverse would be.

GhostCat

• Lieutenant
  • If A, then B, The Evil Genius Argument
« Reply #354 on: 12 September 2013, 14:49:10 »
Yanno?  One of the reasons I liked the Clan Nova Cat and the Spirit Cats was that neither faction had 'Wolf' in their names.  Kind of like why I cringe every time I hear how wonderful something Davion is.

Okay, so it's a small world in a big universe, but there's plenty of room for everyone.  Steel Wolves and Clan Wolf have the same relationship that the 'Cats have.  They also have their own empire to play with, and wandering into the Clan Protectorate might be viewed as tresspassing. 

Seems like my 'Cats spend a lot of time chasing away possums in their own backyard.  Seems like a full time occupation just doing that.  It doesn't matter one bit which high and mighty invicible overlord chased them out of his yard first, they can't stay here, go away.

(oh gahhhd they're turning into red necked hillbillies hunting rabbits with elephant guns.) 

(that's quite a transformation from Samurai Ninja Cats, and the next novel will feature 'Wild Cats in the City' ... not a spoiler, just a prediction.)

GC
"Spirit Cats are just pirates basically." --- Quote from Herb

Pa Weasley

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • I am not this cute
« Reply #355 on: 12 September 2013, 15:17:39 »
(oh gahhhd they're turning into red necked hillbillies hunting rabbits with elephant guns.) 
Oh good, my fictional people have turned into my real life people.

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #356 on: 13 September 2013, 23:33:32 »
Thinking more about the 1st Nova Cat Provisional; as I understand it they're made up Nova Cats that fled the Republic. Does this mean that they may be former RAF? If that's the case would their force composition reflect that?

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #357 on: 14 September 2013, 00:24:12 »
Well. I think you could at least be rolling on the republic rats for them.

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #358 on: 14 September 2013, 02:22:49 »
Well. I think you could at least be rolling on the republic rats for them.

That's what I was thinking, it's nice to see someone with the same idea.

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #359 on: 14 September 2013, 02:25:04 »
If you are planning on creating them for a campaign rolling them up on the RAF RAT makes sense and then using the FWLM RAT for combat loss replacement.

Register