Author Topic: Clan Protectorate  (Read 202371 times)

Captain of C-21

• Warrant Officer
Re: Clan Protectorate
« Reply #390 on: 03 November 2013, 10:45:59 »
So some folks in one of the other Nova Cat threads asked me to compile a list of all possibly surviving Nova Cat warriors from the Spirit Cat Shiva Keshik and Purifier Clusters.  I'm going to throw in some Omicron as well just because I bet that they were more than likely the ones put in charge of the Protectorate Guardian Clusters.

Shiva Keshik

Rikkard Nova Cat (Obviously)
Marat Deleportas (Pilots a Sphinx, was a Star Captain, and one of Kev Rosse's top warriors, but not as spiritual as most Spirit Cats, probably the big number 2 behind Rikkard, hopefully a Star Colonel now).
Liz Nostra (Pilots a Crimson Hawk, hada brief moment of disillusion after the HPG Blackout, got her mojo back after capturing Tybalt from Bannson's Raiders)
Malisa Nova Cat (pilots a Uller, under Liz Nostra's command, led the capture of Addicks in 3133)
Sixo Nova Cat (Pilots a Blade)
Kara Fletcher (Biggest Elemental on record ever, impressive codex)
Kevin Nostra (Zeus pilot, believes he is Alexsandr Kerensky reborn, tries to play that up a lot in Clan Council meetings)
Cox Devalis (Warhammer IIC pilot, participated in the Battle of Wyatt, 3135)
Lenett Lossey (Spider pilot, a real political animal for Clan standards)

Purifiers
Angus Drummond (Pilots a Mad Cat II, was gunning for the Oathmaster position in the Spirit Cats, basically the CO of the Purifiers back in the 3132-3135 era)
Arnis Drummond (Dasher II, very immersed in DC culture, probably heavily shunned by other Spirit Cats at this point)
Sariah Vozka (Centurion pilot, quiet and demur, but a fierce warrior)
 Lenell Nova Cat (Ocelot pilot)
Zahiba Nostra (Thunderbolt pilot, helped the Dragoons take Outreach in early 3133)
Monic Deleportas (Warhammer IIC pilot, has EI surgery, insane)
Maria Devalis (Shadow Hawk IIC pilot, nurses a hatred of the ROTS for past discrimination against Clan peoples)

Omicron I'm only listing a few here, most who I think might show up.
Susan Drummond (Legionnaire pilot, nicknamed "Mother Hen" for her defensive posture in battles)
Faisal Rosse (Dasher II pilot, very reckless)
Robert Bravos (Very demoralized Solahma aerospace jock, after the Clan Protectorate perhaps he was given a more active battlefield role again?)

Proud Warrior of the Clan Protectorate.

Looking to play clix Mechwarrior in the Northeast Ohio area?  Come join our playing group!

Quote from: Worktroll
Face it - MW:DA had, for its run, massively greater commercial success than BattleTech's ever had. Over two million click-base minis - want to guess where the number of BT minis comes in? I'd guess on the order of a few percent of that. While BT has survived for 30 years, we've never had the same number of players at any point. The pity was that unlike BT, MW:DA ended up being run by businessmen, not game fanatics.

Rncavenger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #391 on: 03 November 2013, 11:04:29 »
Rikkard Nova Cat was a noted Shadow Hawk IIC 4 pilot ( MWDA Novel: Pandora's Gambit )

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #392 on: 01 December 2013, 22:59:58 »
Lament and Doloire minis need to come out already; I want to do them up in night camo with other RAF stuff for NC Provisionals  :P

Anyway, I'm in the process of putting together a combined arms force with a mix of Clan and IS tech; Cizins and Jousts next to Scimitar MK.IIs along with an assortment of 'Mechs of various technological backgrounds.  Hopefully I'll be able to assemble a believable force.
Light Assault Group - An Orwellian appelation applied by the Draconis Combine to troops haphazardly equipped with whatever expendable equipment was lying around the maintenance yard, for the purpose of throwing their lives away for the greater glory of the Dragon, see also Human Bombs.

Gray Jaguar

• Lieutenant
  • Trueborn
« Reply #393 on: 01 December 2013, 23:54:02 »
Lament and Doloire minis need to come out already; I want to do them up in night camo with other RAF stuff for NC Provisionals  :P

Anyway, I'm in the process of putting together a combined arms force with a mix of Clan and IS tech; Cizins and Jousts next to Scimitar MK.IIs along with an assortment of 'Mechs of various technological backgrounds.  Hopefully I'll be able to assemble a believable force.

Those two Mechs are everything I ever wanted for Christmas in my Lyran forces.  :P
"Manei Domini think themselves superior because of their unnatural enhancements.  I cannot wait to show them the error of their ways."
  - Star Colonel Damien Furey

"I'm going to found a mercenary outfit, all the cool kids are doing it."
 - Duchess Designate Alice Duvall

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #394 on: 12 April 2014, 18:19:24 »
Purifier's are an awesome cluster of crazy people. Like their new write up.
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #395 on: 12 April 2014, 18:21:15 »
Rosse had a lot of followers.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #396 on: 12 April 2014, 18:33:05 »
Rosse had a lot of followers.

I got that impression early on

Hopefully getting this in morning after work.  Really wish it had come out earlier in week when I was off! Lol
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #397 on: 12 April 2014, 23:42:16 »
I can't decide between Omicron and the Purifiers  :-\

I know they're extremely different from each other but both appeal to my inner Nova Cat for different reasons. Omicron for being pragmatic and the Purifiers for following the old ways.

On a different note; how does one isolate an image from a pdf? I'd like a high resolution Spirit Cats and/or Purifiers emblem.
Light Assault Group - An Orwellian appelation applied by the Draconis Combine to troops haphazardly equipped with whatever expendable equipment was lying around the maintenance yard, for the purpose of throwing their lives away for the greater glory of the Dragon, see also Human Bombs.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #398 on: 12 April 2014, 23:48:19 »
Purifiers get awesome bonuses in gameplay. :D

Omicron doesn't really make it to the Clan Protectorate.

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #399 on: 12 April 2014, 23:57:58 »

That's right, the Omicron in ER:DA isn't the Spirit Cats  :-[

I'd forgotten all about that. OK, Purifiers it is then. Now I just need to figure out how to get a high resolution logo...

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #400 on: 13 April 2014, 00:02:04 »
Dark Ages sourcebook out?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

False Son

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Kot Blini
« Reply #401 on: 13 April 2014, 00:13:31 »
Era Digest: Dark Age.  It details the micro factions and their leaders.  Getcha Getcha.
TOYNBEE IDEA
IN MOViE `2001
RESURRECT DEAD
ON PLANET JUPITER

Destroy what destroys you

Captain of C-21

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #402 on: 13 April 2014, 00:24:34 »
Considering how few Trinaries ED:DA gave the Spirit Cats per Cluster, they certainly did some growing by the time they reached the Protectorate.  What's up with Catalyst creating brand spanking new Star Colonels for the Clusters when we already have plenty of established Spirit Cat characters who could've been used?

Looking to play clix Mechwarrior in the Northeast Ohio area?  Come join our playing group!

Face it - MW:DA had, for its run, massively greater commercial success than BattleTech's ever had. Over two million click-base minis - want to guess where the number of BT minis comes in? I'd guess on the order of a few percent of that. While BT has survived for 30 years, we've never had the same number of players at any point. The pity was that unlike BT, MW:DA ended up being run by businessmen, not game fanatics.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #403 on: 13 April 2014, 03:21:30 »
I knew it was coming just did not realize it was out yet.  Yeah, the big council Kev held listed quite a few Star Colonels, even had them competing against each other to head to Towne.  I would not mind seeing the sheet for the protagonist's Warhammer IIC . . . which was like a mini-Supernova, with maybe a supercharger?
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #404 on: 13 April 2014, 04:23:35 »
I knew it was coming just did not realize it was out yet.  Yeah, the big council Kev held listed quite a few Star Colonels, even had them competing against each other to head to Towne.  I would not mind seeing the sheet for the protagonist's Warhammer IIC . . . which was like a mini-Supernova, with maybe a supercharger?
IIRC, it had quad heavy large lasers, which would make for a lot of heat.. maybe it had a RHS?
« Last Edit: 13 April 2014, 04:26:14 by glitterboy2098 »

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #405 on: 13 April 2014, 12:50:11 »
Okay, Spirit Cats emblem is easy... Purifiers, not so much.

I just can't get the Purifiers emblem right. I'll see what I can do about that.

This is serviceable I believe:

EDIT: Slightly better resolution versions.
« Last Edit: 13 April 2014, 18:23:49 by Klat »

Captain of C-21

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #406 on: 13 April 2014, 14:38:53 »

I'd have to assume elements of Omicron made it to the Protectorate, but there wasn't enough to re-start the Cluster, and some got rolled into the Shiva Keshik, Purifiers, while others became the officers of the Protectorate Guardian Clusters.

Also, Klat, those are looking nice!

ds9guy

• Sergeant
  • Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
« Reply #407 on: 13 April 2014, 15:53:03 »
Did Kisho make it to the Clan Protectorate or is his fate unknown? 
The Era Report left it up in the air. 

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #408 on: 13 April 2014, 16:17:31 »
Did Kisho make it to the Clan Protectorate or is his fate unknown? 
The Era Report left it up in the air.

Confirmation of Kisho's death

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #409 on: 13 April 2014, 16:19:49 »
Confirmation of Kisho's death

Er, that's not confirmation, that's "wait until we publish something".

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #410 on: 13 April 2014, 20:40:45 »
Where can I find the canonical description of the Spirit Cats color scheme? Obviously I could just go off MWDA models but the description of the Purifiers use of glyphs makes me wonder if it's any different.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #411 on: 13 April 2014, 20:46:21 »
Since it hasn't been published in Camospecs its appropriate Camo.

The MWDA models are hard to tell what they were planning.

Either they are white with gray and beige panels...

Or they used to be white, are using primer on recently replaced parts and are caked in mud.

I don't think there is much question that their parade colors at least involves a lot of white though.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #412 on: 14 April 2014, 02:52:20 »
Wow, the Purifiers emblem is Really Nice, its kind like Zeta galaxys (RIP)
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #413 on: 14 April 2014, 12:50:21 »
It's like someone crossed a lynx with a sabertooth.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #414 on: 14 April 2014, 12:59:35 »
Pretty sure that Warhammer had ERLLs, I will look for that book tonight.
Colt Ward

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #415 on: 14 April 2014, 19:00:02 »
Target of Opportunity gives us descriptions of two Spirit Cat 'Mechs, complete with colours:

Star Captain Cox's (Pouncer Trinary, Purifiers) Warhammer IIC is "two shades of grey, and a long diagonal stripe of red across the torso like a sash of honour"

Star Captain Caitlin Bauer's (Stealth Cat Trinary, Omicron) Vulture mk III is "painted in the grey and white striped pattern of her Trinary".

IMO, Both fall within the range of the Spirit Cat colours in the MWDA CMG.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #416 on: 14 April 2014, 20:05:20 »
Target of Opportunity gives us descriptions of two Spirit Cat 'Mechs, complete with colours:

Star Captain Cox's (Pouncer Trinary, Purifiers) Warhammer IIC is "two shades of grey, and a long diagonal stripe of red across the torso like a sash of honour"

Star Captain Caitlin Bauer's (Stealth Cat Trinary, Omicron) Vulture mk III is "painted in the grey and white striped pattern of her Trinary".

IMO, Both fall within the range of the Spirit Cat colours in the MWDA CMG.

That's what I was looking for, thanks!  O0

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #417 on: 14 April 2014, 20:07:54 »
Did they ever say what happened to the Spirit Cats and Wolf's Dragoons on Outreach?  I've not completely read Era Digrest DA yet if its in there
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #418 on: 14 April 2014, 20:11:44 »
I didn't see anything regarding their fate.  Only that their purpose on Outreach was unknown.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #419 on: 14 April 2014, 20:49:12 »
If they were caught inside Fortress Republic, they would have either joined the RAF or been wiped out.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?