Author Topic: Combining QS and regular CBT  (Read 2437 times)

Legion

• Master Sergeant
  • Je te provoque en duel, Freebirth!
Combining QS and regular CBT
« on: 31 March 2011, 08:43:09 »
So apparently it's not called "Classic Battletech" anymore, but I think you know what I'm trying to say.  My situation is this:  I love the speed and simplicity that QS gives to the game, but want to tech it up just a bit.  There are a lot of rolls and keeping track of movement, etc. in a standard game that I could do without, but I want a little bit more specialization than QS offers. 

Have any of you tried to work up a compromise such as this?  The introductory quickstart rules are a vauge idea of what I mean, in that they remove some of the complication but keep seperate armor locations and individual weapons, for example.  I have some specific ideas, which I may post, but generally what I want to see is this:  seperate weapons and armor/structure locations, heat tracking, and semi-full criticals (a little abstracted, but not quite to the point of QS).  I want to keep (at least in principle) the QS method of determining defensive to-hit modifiers, and I will be playing with minis on terrain, so that helps things a bit as well.  PSR's are something I'm not sure about, but I may want to keep them in and just simplify them.

Any thoughts?  Comments from those who may have tried something like this before, or anyone with an opinion, would be greatly appreciated.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Combining QS and regular CBT
« Reply #1 on: 31 March 2011, 08:46:45 »
Other than defensive movement modifiers, it doesnt' sound like you're taking much from QS at all. 
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Legion

• Master Sergeant
  • Je te provoque en duel, Freebirth!
Re: Combining QS and regular CBT
« Reply #2 on: 31 March 2011, 09:18:54 »
Hmm, good point, maybe QS is more of an inspiration than a reference.  Although, I want to keep the way QS does the turn sequence with the simplified phases, and the simplified woods and partial cover modifiers, and the firing arcs.  Oh, and the movement, I want to keep that too.

Actually, QS criticals would work quite well, I would just locate them in the logical locations.
« Last Edit: 31 March 2011, 09:25:34 by Legion »