Author Topic: Looking for some advice/thoughts  (Read 2024 times)

Rainbow 6

• Captain
Looking for some advice/thoughts
« on: 24 January 2021, 05:49:58 »
Okay so once the lockdown in the UK ends and we can start playing again the guys I normally game with have decided we are going to start a mech Lance sized mercenary campaign.

To make it easier for our newest player we have decided to allocate mechs points 1=Light, 2=Medium etc and the Lance must start at a value of 8 points.

The start date will be 1-Jan-3020 on Galatea having just arrived on planet following our units choosing to leave their previous states/units. Mech availability will be per the MUL succession war lostec era.

I've come up with four possible starting units and am trying them out on mega mek but wonder if anyone has any thoughs etc on them, all my starting units are based on what is available in the beginners and game of armored combat boxes.

So Lance 1 - Ex-LCAF
Battlemaster-1G
Griffin-1S
Commando-2D
Locust-1S

Lance 2 - Ex-Larger Mercenary unit
Thunderbolt-5SE
Catapult-C1
Commando-2D
Locust-1E

Lance 3 - Ex-FWLM
Wolverine-6M
Wolverine-6M
Shadow Hawk-2H
Griffin-1N

Lance 4 - Ex-CCAF
Catapult-C1
Wolverine-6R
Shadow Hawk-2H
Locust-1E

Any thoughts/ideas would be appreciated.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: Looking for some advice/thoughts
« Reply #1 on: 24 January 2021, 16:25:26 »
Lance 3 will own any of the others.  The light 'mechs will be wiped out post haste, and the heavier stuff will follow.  The WVR-6M is far and away the most efficient 'mech in the 3025 era.

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
« Reply #2 on: 24 January 2021, 16:27:06 »
Lance 3 will own any of the others.  The light 'mechs will be wiped out post haste, and the heavier stuff will follow.  The WVR-6M is far and away the most efficient 'mech in the 3025 era.

Indeed. And they´re all at the upper end of their weight class.

For a Marik-flavored lance, I´d suggest replacing any two of those four with a Hunchback and a Hermes II.
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 24 January 2021, 17:01:39 »
Indeed. And they´re all at the upper end of their weight class.

For a Marik-flavored lance, I´d suggest replacing any two of those four with a Hunchback and a Hermes II.

No Hunchback or Hermes II in the starter or GoAC boxes.

Register