Author Topic: Drac Conventional Fighter Organization  (Read 923 times)

pokefan548

• Captain
  • The Barracuda knows where it is, hence the -2 mod.
    • Poke's Aerospace Academy (Discord Server)
Drac Conventional Fighter Organization
« on: 21 September 2023, 09:16:55 »
CM: Kurita (pp. 76-77) claims that conventional fighters are almost exclusively deployed in aviation formations (typicaly 4/3/3), and only rarely deployed in aerospace orgs (which for Kurita are 2/3/2/...).

Every source I've found so far (which is fewer than I'd like as conventionals rarely have the spotlight) has conventional fighters deploying according to normal aerospace orgs—regardless of faction. Have I missed something?
Poke's Aerospace Academy
The best place to learn and discuss AeroTech.

"Poke is just a figment of our imagination really." - Siam
"Poke isn't a real person, he's just an algorithm programmed by CGL to try and get people to try the aerospace rules." - Phantasm
"I want to plant the meat eating trees and the meat growing trees on the same planet! Watch that plant on plant violence!" - Sawtooth
Leviathans: The Great War Backer #224
BattleTech: Mercenaries Backer #23

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Drac Conventional Fighter Organization
« Reply #1 on: 22 September 2023, 11:11:02 »
Combat Manual Kurita, for Aerospace organization, says "some desperate DCMS commands may field conventional fighters in place of aerospace fighters".  This is meant to show how they are looked upon, not how many there are (or aren't).  The Aviation organization makes no mention of how common aviation organizations are, nor how common conventional fighters are in them (versus combat vehicles or support vehicles).  Players can use either formation for conventional fighters.  The comment was not intended to say one was more likely/common than the other.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Register