Author Topic: Manei Domini Surgical strike force concept. Would this work?  (Read 895 times)

Cyk0

• Sergeant
Introduciton: (questions at the bottom)
WOB utilizes old bug-eye documentation to create a small clandestine "warship", but instead of posing as the light anodynes of the time, this one poses as a mule civilian cargo dropship.

But it does not carry benign cargo for trade, nor is it a surveillance ship like its fore-bearer. Instead its a disguised pocket carrier filled to the brim with heavy stealth omni-fighters and small battle armor centered ground force. I am hoping to fit a level III (four level II of the omni fighters, one  level II with omni WIGE's and one level II of battle armors)

Why the WIGE? It can be dropped from high altitude by the omni fighters, carry the battle armor on clamps and transport them across high speed across the ground.

The aero space fighters would be the real heavy lifters in such a formation (pun intended), athey would also be active in a support role moving the WIGE's though the atmosphere for insertion/pickup or simply transporting battle armor directly (or potential high value cargo)
Areal command platform (complete with Hi-Res Imager, Hyperspectral Imager, Infrared Imager Camera, Look-Down Radar and Command Console)
Arrow IV artillery support
Ground support
Precision strikes
They will of course also do superiority combat both in space and in atmosphere.

Questions: More input is of course welcome!
Would it be possible for a viable omni-fighter to fulfill the wide variety of roles (the hardest pod space requirement would be the 50t vehicle bay)
Would such a fighter require the use of super expensive stuff to be combat effective (XXL comes to mind)
Are there any useful roles with this type of strike force i forgot to mention for the Fighter?

Could I fit a what I desire into a warship that can masquerade as a mule?
What would be important components to include in said warship (except for bays for 24 fighters, 6 light vehicle bays and 36 battle armor capacity.)

Cyk0

• Sergeant
Re: Manei Domini Surgical strike force concept. Would this work?
« Reply #1 on: 04 May 2018, 16:16:52 »
BTW if the WIGE part sounds excessive it is partially to make it cooler, you could have an aerospace fighter dropping them of as well

Register