Author Topic: Gencon  (Read 9180 times)

Whisper721

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Recruit
Gencon
« on: 06 July 2018, 08:11:36 »
Maybe I'm blind and just have not seen it......  But... Any news on the Gencon minis for this year?

This is my PPC. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My PPC is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My PPC, without me, is useless. Without my PPC, I am useless..

Crackerb0x

• CamoSpecs
  • Master Sergeant
  • Alpha Strike Apologist

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
Re: Gencon
« Reply #2 on: 06 July 2018, 22:06:11 »
Wulfen A - 30 Tons
Wulfen H - 35 Tons

Is that correct, or is one a typo?   ???
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 06 July 2018, 22:18:40 »
It's a typo.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Psycho

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: 07 July 2018, 10:26:34 »
You haven't seen it yet. The lasers made it put on some weight...  ;)

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 07 July 2018, 12:12:37 »
That's just how much they're bringing to gencon.  They're expecting the H variant to be a little more popular.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

GRUD

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 10 July 2018, 16:09:31 »
That's just how much they're bringing to gencon.  They're expecting the H variant to be a little more popular.
Are you saying they're bringing 35 TONS worth of the Wulfen H, but "Only" 30 TONS worth of the Wulfen A?    :o
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 10 July 2018, 16:47:06 »
Are you saying they're bringing 35 TONS worth of the Wulfen H, but "Only" 30 TONS worth of the Wulfen A?    :o

PPCs are so last year.  All the cool kids are rocking heavy lasers now.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

GRUD

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: 10 July 2018, 18:23:28 »
PPCs are so last year.  All the cool kids are rocking heavy lasers now.

I think you missed what I was asking.  I was asking if you're saying IWM will send 35 TONS of the Wulfen H mini, but "Only" 30 TONS of the Wulfen A mini.   :D

Aside from that, any pics of the Jumper?   ???

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #9 on: 11 July 2018, 07:41:24 »
I think you missed what I was asking.  I was asking if you're saying IWM will send 35 TONS of the Wulfen H mini, but "Only" 30 TONS of the Wulfen A mini.   :D

Aside from that, any pics of the Jumper?   ???

Not yet, will have something up the week before Gencon. Best I can do with being on vacation from now until the 19th. Should have samples of them when I get back so I can go to town.

Also fixed the tonnage on the article.

Whisper721

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Recruit
« Reply #10 on: 12 July 2018, 16:35:52 »
Any Idea when pics will be avail?

This is my PPC. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My PPC is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My PPC, without me, is useless. Without my PPC, I am useless..

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #11 on: 12 July 2018, 17:30:59 »
Any Idea when pics will be avail?

Some time after I get back on the 19th.

RoundTop

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • In Takashi We Trust
« Reply #12 on: 19 July 2018, 11:57:07 »
Some time after I get back on the 19th.

It's the 19th! Dogpile on speck! :)
No-Dachi has a counter-argument. Nothing further? Ok.
Demo team agent #772

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #13 on: 19 July 2018, 12:47:37 »
It's the 19th! Dogpile on speck! :)

Lol, still sitting in airport waiting for delayed flight. So most likely early next week. Plan to begin assembling this weekend.

RoundTop

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • In Takashi We Trust
« Reply #14 on: 19 July 2018, 12:49:02 »
Lol, still sitting in airport waiting for delayed flight. So most likely early next week. Plan to begin assembling this weekend.

New constructionMech mods? :)

No-Dachi has a counter-argument. Nothing further? Ok.
Demo team agent #772

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #15 on: 19 July 2018, 12:54:25 »
I also will update everything that I know will make the show 100% early next week and get the Alpha list updated.

Also, if you plan to ask at gencon for any news on when Wasp / Valkyrie or other classics will be released in metal see below for the only answer I have.

nothing new to report from what I have already passed on in previous posts.

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #16 on: 19 July 2018, 13:01:06 »
I also will update everything that I know will make the show 100% early next week and get the Alpha list updated.

Also, if you plan to ask at gencon for any news on when Wasp / Valkyrie or other classics will be released in metal see below for the only answer I have.

Dang that is exactly what I was going to ask!  ;D
I may have a low amount of posts but I have a PHD in Battletech and mechs older then most people on this board!

Pat Payne

• Lieutenant
  • 352nd Combat Group -- Ex cinis ad astra
« Reply #17 on: 19 July 2018, 14:57:13 »

<joke>But it hasn't even been a month yet! You're expecting us to have patience? We wanna know nowwwww</joke>

More seriously, I'm on tenterhooks for new news on that front, but understand you have none to give yet. Patience is a virtue.
Looking forward to the pics of the jumper -- I can't get to Indy, but I'm looking forward to buying some online if they're available after Gencon  :)

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #18 on: 19 July 2018, 15:11:27 »
<joke>But it hasn't even been a month yet! You're expecting us to have patience? We wanna know nowwwww</joke>

More seriously, I'm on tenterhooks for new news on that front, but understand you have none to give yet. Patience is a virtue.
Looking forward to the pics of the jumper -- I can't get to Indy, but I'm looking forward to buying some online if they're available after Gencon  :)
My Guess they will keep the power dry until Gen Con and all that can will be revealed. 
I may have a low amount of posts but I have a PHD in Battletech and mechs older then most people on this board!

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #19 on: 19 July 2018, 18:33:18 »
My Guess they will keep the power dry until Gen Con and all that can will be revealed.

Speck literally just told you what the answer if you ask at GenCon was going to be.

Pump the brakes guys.  Patience is a virtue.  Saying that doesn't mean you're using it.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #20 on: 19 July 2018, 21:46:57 »
Speck literally just told you what the answer if you ask at GenCon was going to be.

Pump the brakes guys.  Patience is a virtue.  Saying that doesn't mean you're using it.
I am not referring to what Speck knows now, I am talking about the higher ups revealing what they could if allowed, so show some patience please with us old timers too. Thank you

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #21 on: 19 July 2018, 21:52:42 »
I am not referring to what Speck knows now, I am talking about the higher ups revealing what they could if allowed, so show some patience please with us old timers too. Thank you

I can tell you the answer will be what I posted already for IWM.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #22 on: 19 July 2018, 22:03:52 »
While it would be nice if IWM could surprise up with a new first run or some official word at GenCon they probably won't have word from CGL until after the con and everything has settled down.

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #23 on: 19 July 2018, 22:12:09 »
I can tell you the answer will be what I posted already for IWM.
What I meant was CGL, if they can maybe give us the word. Sorry Speck but it’s been a long day and I am a little obsessive when it comes to this issue (pheonixstrom can tell you) no offense intended.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #24 on: 20 July 2018, 05:12:54 »
Considering how good the Wasp looked when it was in production... who wouldn't be obsessed with getting more :drool: :drool: :drool:

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
« Reply #25 on: 20 July 2018, 08:46:16 »

Can't wait...I get people asking me at least twice, sometimes three times a day.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #26 on: 20 July 2018, 09:19:27 »
Can't wait...I get people asking me at least twice, sometimes three times a day.
I have a question, as a store owner has this increased peoples interest in Battletech/Alpha Strike in recent months?

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #27 on: 20 July 2018, 15:51:07 »
I have a question, as a store owner has this increased peoples interest in Battletech/Alpha Strike in recent months?

Yes a little, but, the new HBS Battletech game caused a big spike in sales for those specific figures that are in the game.

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #28 on: 20 July 2018, 18:41:56 »
Obligatory reminder that it has in fact been less than one month since the result of the case.  I wager it'd be difficult to affect things "in recent months" given that. ;)
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #29 on: 20 July 2018, 19:02:22 »
Obligatory reminder that it has in fact been less than one month since the result of the case.  I wager it'd be difficult to affect things "in recent months" given that. ;)

I believe, at least that's how I took his question, he is meaning overall interest in actual tabletop game...not the Wasp & Valkyrie themselves since neither are in the game.

Register