Author Topic: How to make acorpion (SRM) variant?  (Read 1710 times)

pupecki

• Sergeant
How to make acorpion (SRM) variant?
« on: 03 July 2018, 13:58:12 »
Does anyone know any fairly easy ways to convert/kit bash a good looking scorpion (SRM) variant tank? Any and all tips would be appreciated also bonus points if you can include a picture of the finished product.

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
Re: How to make acorpion (SRM) variant?
« Reply #1 on: 03 July 2018, 16:28:59 »
Well, looking at my ancient parts pile, I see a (3026) Pegasus turret that looks good. I'd cut the autocannon barrel off the Scorpion and cut the front half (or so) of the Pegasus turret free in such a way that I could mount it to the front of the Scorpion turret, angled up slightly.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 03 July 2018, 16:40:28 »
You could also use the Harasser turret in place of the default turret.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #3 on: 03 July 2018, 17:17:18 »
Going out on my particular slant, the LRM-10 on the top of the MW:DA Bellona tank would be perfect. Just cut a notch out of the back of it, cut off the barrel, and glue.

The IWM Scorpion is very flat, so you can't use many other LRM or SRM tubes without it looking disproportional, IMHO.  The Harasser turret is ... pretty big. I've got some Bulldogs modified with a larger LRM - I'll try and get a picture, as it'll give a good idea what I mean.

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

pupecki

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 11 July 2018, 11:56:58 »
What do you guys think about cutting off the AC5 barrel and the glueing 2 of the Warhammer 8D SRM 6 racks to the top of the turret, sound feasible?

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #5 on: 11 July 2018, 15:28:26 »
What do you guys think about cutting off the AC5 barrel and the glueing 2 of the Warhammer 8D SRM 6 racks to the top of the turret, sound feasible?
Have you sized them up? If memory serves, they're going to be pretty big compared to the tank.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: 11 July 2018, 17:00:31 »
The Harasser turret should work well.