Author Topic: Equipment moving into the 3140s  (Read 1592 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Equipment moving into the 3140s
« on: 24 May 2019, 10:47:29 »
With the Dark Age we see a bunch of new designs appear and use of a larger variety of equipment among the Clans than we saw previously.  The Wolves start using Stealth Armor on the Wulfen for example.  But what about some of the other stuff that was also floating around?  Do you think the IS Clans would use it?  Would it vary between the Clans?

iNARC-  Some Clan mechs, vehicles and fighters already have NARC, but would they use iNARC?  What about the different ammos- Haywire, ECM, Nemesis, and the 2 standard types.

Blue Shield-  So far I think the only production model using it is the Quasimodo, but Clan ERPPCs pack a lot of damage . . .

Radical Heat Sink System-  More cooling for Clan energy weapons!

Actuator Enhancement System-  Improve the accuracy of weapons you put in the arms instead of using a TC . . . like pulling the LBX-2 from the Gyrfalcon to replace them with PAC/8 or missiles which would be 4 tons.

Chaff Pod-  Instant cover with light smoke, SRM/LRM defense, TBolt?,

RE Lasers- ability to slice through the specialized armor

Mine Dispenser-  leaving gifts behind

any more I forgot?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
  • Queen of Spades, First Lady of Death, Black Widow
Re: Equipment moving into the 3140s
« Reply #1 on: 24 May 2019, 18:44:52 »

There’s at least canon Clan omni configuration that employs the Radical Heat Sink, the Deimos E.  There are probably others.
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"Variety is the spice of battle."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."
"I'm in mourning for my life."
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #2 on: 25 May 2019, 00:39:16 »
There's a Nobori-Nin that does as well
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
« Reply #3 on: 25 May 2019, 02:24:57 »
PPC Capacitors. Especially in Aerospace because of the 60 second turns.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #4 on: 25 May 2019, 17:14:18 »
There's also a Flamberge with IS Plasma Rifles and a Loki with an Improved Heavy Guass. The latter is Falcon humour at its finest.

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 25 May 2019, 18:59:22 »
We’ve also got TSM, TSEMP, and Bombast Lasers showing up on the Skinwalker; Talons showing up on various Falcon jumpers; Retractable Blades on the Karhu; TSEMP on the Gyrfalcon 4; Coolant Pods on the Warwolf H; Machine Gun Arrays on the Jaguar 2; Long Tom Cannons on the Loki II B; and Claws, TSM, and Heavy Duty Gyros on Jade Hawk variants.  I’m sure I missed at least a couple more examples.

Like the Falcons have a lot of designs with Talons, I really wish there were some canon Bear, Cat, and Wolf designs with Claws.

AES seems like a no-brained for a training mech, Clan or otherwise.

Would kill for some cannon designs with capacitor-enhanced, Clan-grade ER PPCs.  20 point hole at 23 hexes?  Yes, please.
« Last Edit: 25 May 2019, 19:12:32 by Natasha Kerensky »
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."

dgorsman

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 25 May 2019, 20:11:25 »
Isn't that version of the Jade Hawk manufactured by an IS concern (DOA), and not fielded by the Clans at all?
Think about it.  It's what we do.
- The Society

Thunder LRMs: the gift that keeps on giving.  They're the glitter of the BattleTech universe.

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 25 May 2019, 20:33:44 »
Isn't that version of the Jade Hawk manufactured by an IS concern (DOA), and not fielded by the Clans at all?

It’s actually two variants, but I think you’re right, so neither may match the OP’s intent.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #8 on: 25 May 2019, 23:03:41 »
Talons showing up on various Falcon jumpers

The Talons were actually a Falcon invention. They're the only Clantech native 'Mech melee weapon

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
« Reply #9 on: 26 May 2019, 07:15:00 »
We’ve also got TSM, TSEMP, and Bombast Lasers showing up on the Skinwalker; Talons showing up on various Falcon jumpers; Retractable Blades on the Karhu; TSEMP on the Gyrfalcon 4; Coolant Pods on the Warwolf H; Machine Gun Arrays on the Jaguar 2; Long Tom Cannons on the Loki II B; and Claws, TSM, and Heavy Duty Gyros on Jade Hawk variants.  I’m sure I missed at least a couple more examples.

Like the Falcons have a lot of designs with Talons, I really wish there were some canon Bear, Cat, and Wolf designs with Claws.

AES seems like a no-brained for a training mech, Clan or otherwise.

Would kill for some cannon designs with capacitor-enhanced, Clan-grade ER PPCs.  20 point hole at 23 hexes?  Yes, please.

AES doesn't play well with Targeting Computers which makes it tricky to use with Omnis.

Register