Author Topic: The Mount: Home of Clan Stone Lion  (Read 107562 times)

Dread Moores

• Captain
Re: The Mount: Home of Clan Stone Lion
« Reply #30 on: 05 August 2011, 17:16:41 »
i'm going to weigh in here as a bog fan of these guys, i've already expressed my excitement over the origin of this clan and the way they fought like a bunch of champs. on top of that they've maintained the similar tactics to the horses

Yeah, that's something I hope you see change. I'd like to see them differentiate themselves from the Horses a bit more. Ideally, with the focus on tough as nails survivors like their totem animal, I wouldn't mind seeing a slower, heavy cavalry style to the whirling combined arms dervish that is the Horses.

Fletch

• Captain
« Reply #31 on: 05 August 2011, 18:01:29 »
and I just finished painting 13 mechs and 6 points of vees in CHH Zeta colours  (will get photos done when I can setup my photocube)......so now I will just have to buy more minis (don't tell the wife)

Like the sig says, Ben did warn me.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #32 on: 05 August 2011, 18:30:43 »
I have a new favourte homeworld Clan. Yay!

(Although this did happen after my other two favourite homeworld Clans were annihilated, so...)
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #33 on: 05 August 2011, 18:30:55 »
Yeah, that's something I hope you see change. I'd like to see them differentiate themselves from the Horses a bit more. Ideally, with the focus on tough as nails survivors like their totem animal, I wouldn't mind seeing a slower, heavy cavalry style to the whirling combined arms dervish that is the Horses.

Seeing as how the Stone Lion is a Relatively vicious, small pack animal, I wonder how much of their totem they could emulate. Theoretically, using some of the Horses' emphasis on other combat arms could work with their Totem. Then again, they only really need to emphasize one bit of it - say it's tenacity, rather than its cooperative nature.   
BeemerCon Summarized. Knightmare, end of turn: "How come none of my weapons fired?"
Look, dude, when you are a real mechwarrior you don't need to get all dressed up in cooling suits and cool helmets to work on your mech. You just strip down to your 1980s panties and crop top vest and start wrenchin' it.
Yen Lo Wang = David Lo Pan

Fletch

• Captain
« Reply #34 on: 05 August 2011, 18:42:44 »
small nit-pick

I would have like to see the Zeta dark sun retained as the background with the Stone Lion head placed infront.  But I guess they were probably looking for a fresh start so can understand that too.

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
« Reply #35 on: 05 August 2011, 18:44:32 »
For all we know that IS the Zeta black sun.  I just went black(grey)-on-red for the Thundercats joke.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #36 on: 05 August 2011, 18:57:54 »
For all we know that IS the Zeta black sun.  I just went black(grey)-on-red for the Thundercats joke.

Years from now we'll have new players asking what unit the black on red lion emblem belonged to... and a thousand and one theories as to where it came from. Only we few will know the truth, for we were the ones who were into it before it was cool...

Or something like that. Say, I wonder with control of Tokasha and Niles what units can CSL field? Granted this will more than likely be answered in the supplement. Wasn't Niles a major production center? I wonder how it fared in the fighting. If Niles and Tokasha are still able to produce equipment CSL may be a nice position.
Light Assault Group - An Orwellian appelation applied by the Draconis Combine to troops haphazardly equipped with whatever expendable equipment was lying around the maintenance yard, for the purpose of throwing their lives away for the greater glory of the Dragon, see also Human Bombs.

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
« Reply #37 on: 05 August 2011, 19:13:06 »
And those of us who were chatting with Kamas while he was doing it.  Feel glad he didn't take my original off-the-cuff suggestion of hot pink and neon orange.

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #38 on: 05 August 2011, 19:18:25 »
And those of us who were chatting with Kamas while he was doing it.  Feel glad he didn't take my original off-the-cuff suggestion of hot pink and neon orange.

When did Ali G become a clanner?

Part of what interests me about CSL's color scheme is how much they diverge from their origins.
Light Assault Group - An Orwellian appelation applied by the Draconis Combine to troops haphazardly equipped with whatever expendable equipment was lying around the maintenance yard, for the purpose of throwing their lives away for the greater glory of the Dragon, see also Human Bombs.

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
« Reply #39 on: 05 August 2011, 19:24:52 »
Now that you fessed up to it yourself, I'll work on that tomorrow.

Hey, it could be a Galaxy insignia; we only know of what one galaxy's was.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #40 on: 05 August 2011, 19:41:32 »
I pledged to create a new character and unit after the reaving, circumstances of the WoR will dictate 2 new of each because the Lions are bada$$:

New unit: Clan Stone Lion Psi Galaxy 27th Iron Guards Assault Star
Character: Star Commander Leon Koga riding a Behemoth 3 (with iATM upgrade)
« Last Edit: 05 August 2011, 20:09:38 by cold1 »

To the patient go the spoils

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #41 on: 05 August 2011, 19:47:33 »

awwe, now i'm sad he didn't  :'(

this exactly. i'd really like to see the day when they come into their own and stand out as a clan with unique quirks and stuff, just like the horses have. based on what we know of the stone lion, they could definitely base some interesting tactics on that, though using the clan methods as the base.
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #42 on: 05 August 2011, 19:51:38 »
Here's hoping. Unique quirks would be pretty awesome. You know they'll be some connection to the Horses, but it'd be nice to 75% new CSL. 

I'm pretty certain Tokasha got hammered pretty badly - not sure what's still available. I have to check the book later this evening.
BeemerCon Summarized. Knightmare, end of turn: "How come none of my weapons fired?"
Look, dude, when you are a real mechwarrior you don't need to get all dressed up in cooling suits and cool helmets to work on your mech. You just strip down to your 1980s panties and crop top vest and start wrenchin' it.

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #43 on: 05 August 2011, 19:58:09 »
I figured you'd go black, with the corners in red, green, blue, and yellow.

I mean, COME ON.  ;)
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #44 on: 05 August 2011, 20:00:36 »
If the logo colors ain't canon yet, go with what we have here.  It is awesome and no other clan's colors are the same. 
Also, if CSO hasn't done it yet for a color scheme how about black with red flames to show a little respect to the lineage?

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #45 on: 05 August 2011, 20:09:12 »
see, i hear lion and i immediately think tans and golds, but given the heritage it could be the complete opposite. we have to remember though that galaxies rarely ever present a consistent set of colours, just look at the horses
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #46 on: 05 August 2011, 20:10:22 »
We're also in the dark regarding the actual pelt colours of the Stone Lion. Could be anything...that could have an impact.

Rael

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #47 on: 05 August 2011, 20:16:14 »
As long as it's not a blue + grey/black scheme. With the Adders and Coyotes around we don't need another.

Tans, browns and yellows sounds like it would fit but the Stone Lions may end up being one of those Clans with very different colours for each Galaxy.

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #48 on: 05 August 2011, 20:18:20 »
As long as it's not a blue + grey/black scheme. With the Adders and Coyotes around we don't need another.

Tans, browns and yellows sounds like it would fit but the Stone Lions may end up being one of those Clans with very different colours for each Galaxy.

these were my thought too
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #49 on: 05 August 2011, 20:19:58 »
Maybe even some earthy tones to signify the "stone" bits. Could be cool if there's a marble or sandstone "look" or something veiny.

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #50 on: 05 August 2011, 20:26:07 »
Sand/tan main with gumetal grey and red accents would be different.  Like lion pelt with clan color highlights.

Oh, and somebody needs to paint lion manes on big stompy assaults

WeaponX

• Warrant Officer
  • Ghost Bear Maniac
    • Ghost Bear Mania
« Reply #51 on: 05 August 2011, 20:59:57 »
I propose two new Bloodnames:  Holden and Peugeot! :))
"Do you not understand the nature of the Bear?  For months he sleeps in hibernation, but do not dare disturb him.  The Bear's anger is unforgiving once provoked."

-Mechwarrior Zane
  Clan Nova Cat

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #52 on: 05 August 2011, 21:02:30 »

I almost went with Holden as the first name for a Lion character.
Nice car guy reference

WeaponX

• Warrant Officer
  • Ghost Bear Maniac
    • Ghost Bear Mania
« Reply #53 on: 05 August 2011, 21:06:25 »
Here's two new Galaxy insignias :):
"Do you not understand the nature of the Bear?  For months he sleeps in hibernation, but do not dare disturb him.  The Bear's anger is unforgiving once provoked."

-Mechwarrior Zane
  Clan Nova Cat

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #54 on: 05 August 2011, 21:11:25 »
HA!
I really like the Holden symbol.

How's this for a Lion star, meant to be a big stompy line holder.
Behemoth 3, Thunder Stallion 2, Rifleman IIC, Higlander IIC, Bowman 2

I went for a nice mix of Horse and Adder equipment

Radec2000

• Private
  • We would have "words" with thee...
« Reply #55 on: 05 August 2011, 21:14:23 »
have to throw it out there for a new blood house so don't injure me to badly

blood legacy Mustafa

Lord Harlock

• Captain
  • Watching from the Shadows
« Reply #56 on: 05 August 2011, 21:15:32 »

How about Hasek? They have a lion in the coat of arms, and Stone Lions have a lion totem. I'm sure there is some Hasek DNA somewhere in the Clan Homeworlds.

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #57 on: 05 August 2011, 21:28:24 »
All I know is at least one star/galaxy is getting the Shield of the Royal Arms or Lionheart treatment. Scarlet and Gold. That'll surely make the minis pop.

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #58 on: 05 August 2011, 21:42:53 »
All I know is at least one star/galaxy is getting the Shield of the Royal Arms or Lionheart treatment. Scarlet and Gold. That'll surely make the minis pop.

With the mention of Delvillar being a history buff that would make sense

Fletch

• Captain
« Reply #59 on: 05 August 2011, 21:56:37 »
Here's two new Galaxy insignias :):

[wildandcrazy]

Register