Author Topic: Return of the Opinions/feedback on IWM sculpts  (Read 26903 times)

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
Re: Return of the Opinions/feedback on IWM sculpts
« Reply #120 on: 17 May 2024, 17:17:20 »
Uraeus
A good-un! Capable of being posed, good connections, good details. Recommended for your Blessed Order or RotS needs! Feet are particularly well done, and I usually hate separate feet. 11 parts, unless like mine you're missing the vibroblade in the blister - 2 feet, 2 legs, waist, torso, 2-part right arm, left arm, bombast laser, and vibroblade.
Just found this thread, and glad I read this.
Its one of the few minis from that TRO that I want to add.  Need a ROTS lance :)

Multi-part legs? Not a fan.

It's things like the Lament - that really give you no options, have no dome or post on the feet to leg points, and excessively small connections from leg to torso? Or the infamous Reseen Thud "bag of random sprue offcuts"? Not so good. 
SO VERY AGREE.

I love metal but man, I'm just not that equipped to glue a bunch of tiny bits together.
« Last Edit: 17 May 2024, 17:21:52 by Hellraiser »
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #121 on: 17 May 2024, 17:17:39 »
This is mine. (Wow, does that paint look terrible close-up. In my defense, this was painted almost twenty years ago.)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/327pPwgVQc7PoxLd8

The bay doors are fiddly, but not bad if you have good glue. It doesn't get handed out to random people at demo games, though. My only issue with the sculpt is that some of the small parts cast separately were done so not for poseability but, rather, because that was the only way to get the molds to work. IWM has learned a lot since these, and now parts are often sliced in such a way that they can actually go together in a variety of orientations.

What faction scheme is that?

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #122 on: 17 May 2024, 17:20:54 »
* Joel47 stares daggers at Marauder 5L...

I never got the Mad, & after hearing about it from you I never bothered w/ any of my Re-Seen.
I think 3 Locusts/Locust-IICs, along with a Griffin-IIC & ShadowHawk-IIC & all still blistered & won't see that kind of effort till I'm retired.

I'm really more 1 piece TRO-3025 kind of builder, LOL.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #123 on: Today at 02:09:01 »
5 pieces. Feet legs hip in moving pose, torso, head, two arms also bent. Optional missile or weapon bits. Th Reseen Archer is just about perfect bar the bay doors.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Register