Author Topic: One house ruled weapon design and one game house rule  (Read 1275 times)

ErrantBlue

• Recruit
One house ruled weapon design and one game house rule
« on: 02 August 2018, 16:58:00 »
Having played a short Operation Klondike themed campaign, we liked and used the Improved ER PPC that was better than the default IS ER PPC and was the precursor to the later Clan design. Noticing that the ER Large Laser, another "big" weapon system was missing from the early Clan tech designs, we had created the following rules for the Improved ER Large Laser.
Short: 1-7, Medium: 8-15, Long: 16-22, Heat: 12, Damage: 9, Tons: 5, Critical slots: 2

While not a significant improvement over the older ER Large Laser, we did appreciate the extra range provided (on par with a Guass Rifle, which made a great pairing btw), and the extra damage, while nothing huge, did help to justify the high heat (a reason why our group prefers the standard IS large laser over the IS ER version in most situations). The range is exactly half way between the IS and Clan versions, as is the damage, so it seemed like a reasonable improvement while still retaining the older models size and weight. I believe the BV came in at 200.

As for our one, frequent house rule, it is very minor and one I am sure is fairly common as it is a sensible solution. It pertains to the number of rounds in SRM ammo per ton. For some strange and obscure reason, both the 2 and 4 rack launchers receive 100 missiles in a ton but the 6 rack only receives 90 per ton, which mathematically speaking never made any logical sense. So accordingly we have almost always ruled that SRM's receive 96 missiles per ton. So, an SRM 2 has 48 reloads, the SRM 4 has 24 reloads, and the SRM 6 has 16 reloads. With the smaller launchers you never really notice the reduction and the six rack actually benefits by gaining an additional shot. As I said, a small but logical adjustment.
« Last Edit: 02 August 2018, 17:00:10 by ErrantBlue »

Register