Author Topic: New STABLE Releases MegaMek, MegaMekLab, MekHQ: v0.44.0 (Stable) June 24 /2018  (Read 8729 times)

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to a new Stable Release! These stables represent over a year work by the dev team, our contributors, and 1000's of hours of play from players finding and reporting things in all the programs to make them better.

We have lots planned for the next Dev cycle, the ability to build and play new unit types, improvements to Against the Bot, Princess will get continued improvements, look for more new sprites, and better support for printing.

See the attached file for summary of everything that's been fixed/added since the last stable.

Megamek.
We’ve fixed or implemented 352 things in the last year.  Some of the highlights include:
  • LAMs and Glider Protomechs
  • Quadvee’s
  • Multiple cockpit crew roles for Meks
  • VTOL Bombing and Strafing
  • Implemented Tech Progression from Interstellar Operations
  • Random Formation Building per Campaign Operations.
  • Making Omni’s truly omni with the ability to show pod mounted weapons
  • Numerous improvements to Space Combat (thanks mkerensky)
  • New weapons and Ammo’s (Hyperlaser, Caseless Ammo, Clan Improved Weapons)
  • Lots of Infantry Improvements
  • Deadborder’s staggering amount of Sprites
  • Princess has gone back to flight school and finished some more basic training.
  • Improvements to the Board Editor

MegaMekLab.
The march to improve Megameklab and make it better continues, with 80 fixes and new features including:
  • The ability to Build Dropships and Small Craft
  • Ability to build LAMs, Quadvee’s
  • Improved support for building Infantry
  • Implemented Tech Progression from Interstellar Operations
  •      o Updates all tech intro dates to the Universal Technology Advancement Table in Interstellar Operations. 
  •      o New configuration options for filtering construction options by tech level in a given year or by faction availability.
  • Improvements to unit printing and what can be printed.
  •      o Printing for superheavies and tripods
  •      o Stats for additional crew for tripods and command consoles
  •      o Unit-specific sheets for LAMs and QuadVees
  •      o Move layout info into the svg files to allow for custom record sheets without need to alter code.
  •      o Show quirks and SPAs on record sheet (SPAs require printing from a mul file which contains the pilot data).

MekHQ.
This dev cycle MekHQ has had lots of fixes to make it more stable and more useable.  With 200 fixes and new features including:
  • Proper support for Omni units
  • Support for Multi Crew Mek units
  • Tech Progression from Interstellar Operations
  • Fixes to the Mass Repair/Mass Salvage system (MRMS)
  • More universe Data added.
  • Numerous fixes to AtB, ratings, UI, and making sure the changes from this Dev cycle Megamek and MegamekLab work.

Also a reminder to drop into the Slack channel to meet other players and harass the devs that drop in and out. 

As a reminder when moving between versions:
1)   Make backups of your campaigns and customs.
2)   Always treat each release as a stand alone release and only copy your data forward from older versions.

Unit Name Change Issues
This will be VERY important if you are moving from the old Stable to this Stable. There is a good chance you’ll have issues in MekHQ with unit name changes.  If you get errors loading your campaign see this post.
Name Issues with units

The change log below lists all the changes in this release from the previous stable.

CHANGE LOGS AND DOWNLOAD LINKS

Megamek.
Download Here
Code: [Select]
+ Data: Dropship infantry bay fixes.
+ PR #995: Fix for server freeze when destroying a unit which has picked up a phantom (no longer existing) mechwarrior.
+ Data: New Sprites
+ Issue #1000: Ignore AP-mounted weapons when calculating BA suit weight
+ PR #1003: Fix validation failures from configuring ammo.

MegaMekLab.
Download Here
+ If no fluff image is found for the model, check for generic chassis image for record sheet.
+ Issue #160: Industrial Mechs ICE engine Tech Progression Wrong
+ Update MegaMek.jar to v0.44.0

MekHQ:
Download Here
+ Issue #733: Clan techs still have clan penalties to maintenance
+ Issue #745: NPE at AbstractUnitGenerator.generateTurrets
+ PR #752: AtB contracts will once again nag the user about insufficient force deployment, and subtract contract score.
                            Also, retirement "payouts" of 0 no longer persist endlessly.
+ Issue #748: GM -> Restore Unit on units with missing components no longer hangs MekHQ in an endless loop.
+ Issue #694: Added missing Draconis Combine ranks.
+ Issue #724: Changed references to megamek.info to point to megamek.org
+ PR #761: Fix for salvaging dropship ammo
+ Updated MegaMek.jar to v0.44.0
+ Updated MegaMekLab.jar to v0.44.0

Enjoy everyone.
« Last Edit: 24 June 2018, 15:54:31 by Hammer »
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
Now we can finally get back to breaking stuff.

NickAragua

• Master Sergeant
Already done. :D

Schugger

• Master Sergeant
Huzzah! I am so eager to see Princess performing in ASF
Good jo guys :)
"Shit!"
"What?"
"Clanners!"
"No!"
"Yep."
"Shit!"

mikecj

• Major
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
Thanks guys!
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

trtw

• Private
thank you to everyone who has worked on this project.

PreacherPatriot1776

• Sergeant
Awesome job and thank you for all the hard work you put in.

SeeM

• Master Sergeant
Congratulations on new release. I was playing multi on several 0.43.x and saw many improvements over time. Thank You all for a fantastic job.
(+)

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
Woohoo! Excellent! Thanks for all of the hard work by everyone involved!
"That's Lieutenant Faceplant to you, Corporal!"

Things that I have learnt through clicking too fast on 'Move Done' on MegaMek: Double-check the CF of the building before jumping onto it, check artillery arrival times before standing in the neighbouring hex, and don't run across your own minefield.

"Hmm, I wonder if I can turn this into a MM map."

Schugger

• Master Sergeant
I must say I have played the new BT well over 200 hours, but as far as sandboxing is concerned AtB really beats it.
Now I am in my seventh year of my 2950 campaign and even if I stop playing for severeal month occasionally I will always return to it.
"Shit!"
"What?"
"Clanners!"
"No!"
"Yep."
"Shit!"

Battleclad

• Warrant Officer
Still seems to be an issue where new hires can retire if you have to roll retirement within a few weeks of hiring them though, at least within the AtB rules.

McSlayer

• Master Sergeant
First off, I want to say a good deal of thanks for releasing a new stable, bravo!

Then... I'd like to to make a request...

I often wish to assign my mech pilots to mechs by their P/G skills... in mekHQ.

and so it is very frustrating for me to open pilots "mechwarriors" and "general" and not see their P/G skill. then when I list my mech pilots by P/G skills, I can't see what mech they are assigned to and which units they are in. this is very frustrating. Can we get a few more fields added and be able to sort by this fields? like its done in Excel?

thanks guys,

-McSlayer
You might not live more than once, better make it good.

I was born 6-gun in my hand, Behind a gun I'll make my final stand, That's why they call me... Bad Company...

devorao

• Recruit
Congratulations on this release, you all guys have done it again.

I have been a BT player for 30 years and, since I found your project, I have been using MM and MHQ for many years, and it was the way I could play and enjoy tabletop BT all that time.

So, for what it's worth, you all have my deepest appreciation for you and your hard work. Thanks and let's hope that we will be enjoying the game for, at least, as many years more!

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
Then... I'd like to to make a request...
Feature requests and bug reports need to have an issue opened on the GitHub tracker. It''s fine to discuss something here or mention something that looks like it might be a bug, but unless someone sees it and happens to do something about it immediately, anything that is only mentioned in a forum post is likely to be forgotten.

McSlayer

• Master Sergeant
ok Neo,

Advice taken. A new request has been submitted for HQ.

Thanks.

Feature requests and bug reports need to have an issue opened on the GitHub tracker. It''s fine to discuss something here or mention something that looks like it might be a bug, but unless someone sees it and happens to do something about it immediately, anything that is only mentioned in a forum post is likely to be forgotten.
You might not live more than once, better make it good.

I was born 6-gun in my hand, Behind a gun I'll make my final stand, That's why they call me... Bad Company...

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
Anyone else found that the formerly popular Wolverine WVR-6M is strangely invisible in v0.44.0, or is this just a bug for me? (There doesn't seem to be an icon pulling through for it - I thought it might just be in the unit selector, but I'm now fighting against an empty hex with a mech label and nasty tendency to mug me at close range.)

Things that I have learnt through clicking too fast on 'Move Done' on MegaMek: Double-check the CF of the building before jumping onto it, check artillery arrival times before standing in the neighbouring hex, and don't run across your own minefield.

Schugger

• Master Sergeant
Looks like a bug. I have the WVR-6M as 'Mech for all my Lance Commanders and it's just working fine.
Checked your 'Mech Images and mechset.txt already? Maybe some line is messed up here.

BTW, that sig of yours is so bloody true :D
"Shit!"
"What?"
"Clanners!"
"No!"
"Yep."
"Shit!"

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
Looks like a bug. I have the WVR-6M as 'Mech for all my Lance Commanders and it's just working fine.
Checked your 'Mech Images and mechset.txt already? Maybe some line is messed up here.

Cheers! I'll have a check and maybe reinstall for safety. (It was serious stealth armour for that era - completely invisible until it was destroyed.)

BTW, that sig of yours is so bloody true :D

Thanks!

Nebfer

• Lieutenant
Question is megamek lab not formatting conventional Fighters fusion engines correctly? Or are the Light and Heavy Strike Fighters under weight?

As I'm looking at the HSF and it's 6 tons under weight, the only things missing is supposedly a ton of ammo and five tons of engine shielding, as TRO 3039 listing it has having a 15 ton engine (225 fusions are 10 tons not 15) and two tons of AC-10 ammo, though the RS only list it has having one ton of AC-10 ammo.
Techmanual dose mention that conventional Fighters do multiply their fusion engine mass by 1.5 (rounding up to nearest half ton).

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
No, it wasn't adding the shielding weight. Should be fixed in the next release.

txsoldier94

• Sergeant
I know that others have said it, and that I do not say it enough:

To all the DEVs, programmers, testers, and creators:  GREAT JOB!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Still enjoying this!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Schugger

• Master Sergeant
About the addictivenes of MegaMek:
Just when I thought I was out - they pull me back in :D
"Shit!"
"What?"
"Clanners!"
"No!"
"Yep."
"Shit!"

silverback

• Corporal
And what led you to believe you were out (or could even get out)?

Schugger

• Master Sergeant
Well , they made me an offer I couldn't refuse (the new BT game).
"Shit!"
"What?"
"Clanners!"
"No!"
"Yep."
"Shit!"

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
There is a reason development almost stopped on MegaMek for a couple of months. A certain game arrived and distracted all the Devs!

But we are back....until any DLC arrives for it.  :D
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

Schugger

• Master Sergeant
Did I say that those medals look gorgeous?
Maybe it's a german thing being attracted by shining stuff, but they really look great and allows you to individualize your combat personal even more.
"Shit!"
"What?"
"Clanners!"
"No!"
"Yep."
"Shit!"

Aimen

• Recruit
There is a reason development almost stopped on MegaMek for a couple of months. A certain game arrived and distracted all the Devs!

But we are back....until any DLC arrives for it.  :D

Nuh-uh, it was, umm, research! Yeah. Go with that.

Register