Author Topic: TRO: 3028 - Fan Produced Sourcebook - .pdf download  (Read 38342 times)

Sigil

• Lieutenant
TRO: 3028 - Fan Produced Sourcebook - .pdf download
« on: 05 April 2016, 18:01:21 »
***Public Release - updated Nov. 23, 2016***

Faithful Acolytes:

ComStar Publishing has released an updated version of its seminal Technical Readout: 3025.  It covers the numerous developments in BattleMech production and technology that have occurred since it was first published, including the Raven, the first dedicated Electronic Warfare platform built since the fall of the Star League.  It is imperative you familiarize yourself with the latest military developments among both the Great and Minor Houses of the Inner Sphere during this unprecedented time of change.

Download it from Sarna.net here (Link at bottom of the page):  http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Technical_Readout_3028

May Peace be Upon You,

Nicholas Cassnew
Precentor ROM

Sample Page:

« Last Edit: 23 November 2016, 10:12:15 by Sigil »

mikecj

• Major
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
Re: TRO: 3028 - Fan Produced Sourcebook - .pdf download
« Reply #1 on: 05 April 2016, 18:11:27 »
Interesting, thanks
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #2 on: 05 April 2016, 20:55:59 »
Very slick, i like how you blended MWO's mechs images and HBS's art work into new book.  It's cool

Thanks!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Shadow_Wraith

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 05 April 2016, 20:57:37 »
 O0    This is awesome!

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
« Reply #4 on: 05 April 2016, 23:16:39 »
>Squee!<  New Updated fan project!  Gimme!
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

The Mad Hatter

• Recruit
« Reply #5 on: 06 April 2016, 00:48:44 »
Incredible work, very well done!  Thanks for the time and effort you put into this, it's greatly appreciated.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #6 on: 06 April 2016, 02:23:32 »
This is bloody superb! This could easily pass as a proper TRO, hell i'd buy it!
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #7 on: 06 April 2016, 02:51:30 »
I had a similar idea, but was being very lazy about actually getting it done. Very nice, thank you.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Bosefius

• Will Moderate for Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #8 on: 06 April 2016, 06:17:28 »
Just to be clear, this was presented to the Moderators first and, after checking with those above us, it was cleared. It's an excellent piece of work, very well done.
Catalyst Demo Agent #221, Huntington, WV

It's times like this I ask myself "What would Jabba the Hutt do?"

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: 06 April 2016, 08:22:22 »
Just to be clear, this was presented to the Moderators first and, after checking with those above us, it was cleared. It's an excellent piece of work, very well done.

Thank you, Bosefius.  It was a pleasure to make and I'm thrilled to be able to share it with the community here on the official BattleTech forum.  As HBS releases more details and additional art, I will continue to update this TRO.  Eventually, I hope to include a smattering of combat vehicles in addition to the BattleMechs.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #10 on: 06 April 2016, 09:16:02 »
It's very smart
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Intermittent_Coherence

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: 07 April 2016, 07:57:23 »
It's... it's beautiful.

Incidentally, which ones were taken from MWO and which ones from HBS?

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #12 on: 07 April 2016, 08:01:40 »
I don't think it matters, since the two games are going to share art.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: 07 April 2016, 08:14:22 »
I don't think it matters, since the two games are going to share art.

To oversimplify, the individual 'Mechs are all done by Alex Iglesias for PGI/MWO and alll of the full page art was done by HBS.

mikecj

• Major
« Reply #14 on: 07 April 2016, 19:49:43 »
Really great work
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf

Doc Wolf

• Master Sergeant
  • An inability to duck can be a painful liability.
« Reply #15 on: 10 April 2016, 16:05:38 »
Awesome Job! One note, your Battlemaster, although the rear firing lasers are mentioned in the readout, the weapons listing doesn't have them as rear. All are forward firing...
Just remember that all of your equipment was made by the lowest bidder...
Two greatest flaws of a battlemech:
1. The designer, who thinks he has created the ultimate machine.
2. The pilot, who believes the designer.

Doc Wolf

• Master Sergeant
  • An inability to duck can be a painful liability.
« Reply #16 on: 10 April 2016, 16:07:00 »
BTW, I am printing this and using it in my Mechwarrior campaign! Thanks for such an awesome piece of work!
Just remember that all of your equipment was made by the lowest bidder...
Two greatest flaws of a battlemech:
1. The designer, who thinks he has created the ultimate machine.
2. The pilot, who believes the designer.

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: 10 April 2016, 18:23:09 »
Awesome Job! One note, your Battlemaster, although the rear firing lasers are mentioned in the readout, the weapons listing doesn't have them as rear. All are forward firing...

This is such an interesting point.  The PGI/MWO art does not incorporate rear facing weapons in their implementation of BT and it is almost a certainty HBS/BTG will not implement the rear firing arc either.  Therefore, I rather hastily made the decision to remove the (R) from the TRO since it didn't match the art but the rear firing weapons are clearly mentioned in the fluff for a 'Mechs originally equipped with them.  Yes, an imperfect solution to a difficult situation as technically, having only forward firing weapons on models such as the Archer and Dragon isn't canon, but then again, maybe it is depending on your perspective.  I also had many requests to incorporate the "Hero 'Mechs" from MWO but I dodged that bullet simply because almost all of them were not appropriate to the 3028 time period due to advanced technology and by the latest Randall Bills statement, MWO "Hero Mech" fluff is now considered canon and he has THE say on what's canon and what's not.  I'd love to hear more about this issues from the community here :)

Chaeronea

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #18 on: 15 April 2016, 07:32:59 »
Personally, I'm just happy that there's a publication out there with the stats for the Mechs from the original Battletech game for the 3025 era rather than the advanced tech Project Phoenix remakes. Finally! :)

I noticed there were some minor errors in the text - the Urbanmech entry refers to Earthwerks as Eatherwerks, the Cicada entry described the Von Luckner tank as weighing 100 tons (it's a 75 tonner according to TRO 3039) and the stat sheet lists the engine as a Pitban 320 although the stats are for a 280 - but that is small stuff. Kudos for the presentation as well as the extra fluff in the descriptions - details like the creation of TharHes from Defiance Industries in the Wolfhound entry really help to bring the universe to life. And the art is just amazing - it made both the Cicada and the Vindicator look badass, and that's something I thought was almost impossible.

So when are you putting out your next TRO? I really want to keep an eye out for it :)

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: 15 April 2016, 08:45:05 »
I noticed there were some minor errors in the text - the Urbanmech entry refers to Earthwerks as Eatherwerks, the Cicada entry described the Von Luckner tank as weighing 100 tons (it's a 75 tonner according to TRO 3039) and the stat sheet lists the engine as a Pitban 320 although the stats are for a 280 - but that is small stuff. Kudos for the presentation as well as the extra fluff in the descriptions - details like the creation of TharHes from Defiance Industries in the Wolfhound entry really help to bring the universe to life. And the art is just amazing - it made both the Cicada and the Vindicator look badass, and that's something I thought was almost impossible.

So when are you putting out your next TRO? I really want to keep an eye out for it :)

Thank you for your sharp eyes.  I've updated my master files so the next time I generate an update of this TRO the corrections will appear.  As for my next TRO, in all honesty I have no plans to work on another one.  That said, I will continue to update this one with additional BattleMechs as PGI releases new artwork.  I also expect to add a section of combat vehicles when HBS releases relevant artwork for their upcoming game. 

As for my current project, I am currently in the process of editing my BT fan fiction novellas.  You can find download them off of this thread:  http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=48822.0

In truth, this TRO, as well as my first attempt, TRO:2866, were simply extensions of my fiction work which is my first love.  The writing forced me to do such extensive research and create such detailed notes that eventually I just compiled them all and created my own reference work.  Besides, the original art is looking a bit long in the tooth, especially with the slick new versions released by Flyingdebris :)

Glad your enjoying it!

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #20 on: 15 April 2016, 16:10:31 »
Personally, I'm just happy that there's a publication out there with the stats for the Mechs from the original Battletech game for the 3025 era rather than the advanced tech Project Phoenix remakes. Finally!

Technical Readout 3039 is still in print.

Chaeronea

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #21 on: 15 April 2016, 16:17:59 »
Technical Readout 3039 is still in print.

Yeah, but it doesn't have stats for the Sting, Locust, Wasp, Shadow Hawk, Warhammer or the other iconic Mechs which first appeared in the original Battletech game.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #22 on: 15 April 2016, 16:25:06 »
Yeah, but it doesn't have stats for the Sting, Locust, Wasp, Shadow Hawk, Warhammer or the other iconic Mechs which first appeared in the original Battletech game.

It does.
It only has silhouettes for art, but stats and history are there.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #23 on: 26 May 2016, 09:43:20 »
Minor updates to the .pdf this morning.

1. Added the CP-10-Z Cyclops
2. Updated the art for the JM6-S JagerMech
3. Added bookmarks for ease of navigation

You may download the full pdf here: https://wlu.box.com/s/cl1sj07p0eccuozxg6ow4svr1kg6dhvx

Below you will the find the preliminary layout for the upcoming vehicle section. Suggestions and comments are welcome as always.

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #24 on: 27 May 2016, 01:54:51 »
Tagged.
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #25 on: 12 June 2016, 16:24:55 »
Win a free bound color copy of the TRO: 3028 by heading over to HBS' battletechgame.com.  I'm hosting a little short story contest there and I know this board hosts a plethora of talented writers!

Details are available here:  https://community.battletechgame.com/forums/threads/2678

Contest ends Saturday, July 9.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #26 on: 12 June 2016, 17:06:29 »
Do we have submit on that web site, or can we send it to you here?  I try to limit the number of online accounts I have to keep track of.

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #27 on: 12 June 2016, 19:59:05 »
Do we have submit on that web site, or can we send it to you here?  I try to limit the number of online accounts I have to keep track of.

You can post it here but for reference I will repost it on the HBS forum as well since that is where the "voting" takes places :)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #28 on: 13 June 2016, 02:54:56 »
Rog, thanks!  Now to see if I can find inspiration and time between now and July 9th...

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #29 on: 14 June 2016, 20:00:08 »
Something I just noticed... you only listed the base configurations on the other site, but the canon variants are in the TRO.  The variants are allowed, right?

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #30 on: 15 June 2016, 05:13:46 »
All canon variants (up to 3028) are described in the fluff under "Variants" and are absolutely fair game. The full specifications page with the 'Mech art features the detailed tonnage breakdown of the base model with the exception of the CDA-3C Cicada and BNC-3S Banshee pages.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #31 on: 15 June 2016, 18:03:46 »
Great, thanks!  I'm working on a story about Anton's Revolt ("Marik Civil War" being far too imprecise a term...  ::)), and was looking forward to using a WVR-6M.

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #32 on: 30 June 2016, 09:23:30 »

De do do do, de da da da
Is all I want to say to you
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #33 on: 30 June 2016, 12:46:07 »
The working titles for the second saga of the 69th Virginia Expeditionary Force were all originally named after Journey songs  :o

cawest

• Captain
« Reply #34 on: 01 July 2016, 17:51:16 »
Great job... love the cost being listed for each.  I saw were your working on vehicles.  will you be adding industrial mechs? 

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #35 on: 02 July 2016, 10:37:49 »
It took me a bit, and I'm still not completely happy with the ending, but here's my submission.  The word count is 1,534 including the title and background information you asked for.  Thanks for taking a look!
-------------------------------------------
Getting Away With It
<<Anton’s Revolt, Brush Wars>>

Bernardo, Free Worlds League
December 25, 3014

Henry Vicelli couldn’t believe his luck.  A year ago, he’d been a dispossessed MechWarrior blown out of his Rifleman by a stray shell that touched off his autocannon ammunition.  By Easter, he was pledging allegiance to Duke Anton in return for the Marik Wolverine he was now piloting.  Throughout the summer, it had been light fighting in the Zion province, offering an enterprising MechWarrior plenty of opportunity to loot.  That easy summer was followed by two months of hard fighting on Sophie’s World that only ended once Wolf’s Dragoons threw a third regiment into the effort.  After the briefest of refits and an engagement on Berenson cut short by the arrival of no less than four regiments of loyalist reinforcements, he’d found himself back on his home world fighting for his life on Christmas day.  Of course, this had allowed him to bring his ill-gotten gains home, but now he had to figure out how to get him, his wife and son, AND his ‘mech off planet.  But first, he had to deal with the pair of ‘mechs that were hunting him relentlessly though the neighborhood he’d grown up in.

The Hermes II itself wouldn’t have been so bad, but the Phoenix Hawk it was partnered with could jump, making it impossible to outrun.  Like all the fighting since Sophie’s World, this had been brutal, with no quarter asked or given on either side.  His loyalist enemies showed none of the care he did for the buildings in the neighborhood, and the Hermes’ flamer would be especially damaging to the landscape.  For that reason alone, he decided it had to go first.  It might have been easier if he was still with the rest of his lance, but they were busy with the balance of the two loyalist lances that had ambushed them.

The real trick was splitting the two ‘mechs up.  They were obviously trained to work together, but Henry’s knowledge of the neighborhood enabled him to draw the Hermes into an alley while its partner was on a parallel street.  Jumping over two buildings to land right behind the lighter ‘mech, Henry cut loose with a full alpha strike, triggering his three lasers slightly before the missile launcher.  The Hermes rotated to its left and showered the Wolverine with flaming gel, spiking Henry’s heat gage but doing little else.  The Wolverine’s fusillade, on the other hand, savaged the lighter machine, tearing open its back, and toppling the ‘mech on its face.  Adding insult to injury, Henry stomped on the prone machine and found the autocannon ammunition stored in the Hermes’ left torso, turning the ‘mech into a blossoming secondary explosion.  Henry winced as the pressure wave shattered every window in the alley and blew in the closest doors.  Mrs. Brasi and her neighbors wouldn’t be happy when they came back from the shelter.  As the smoke cleared, Henry shivered when he saw the Hermes’ ejection seat lodged in the front of the building facing the alley.

The explosion certainly drew the Phoenix Hawk’s attention, and Henry triggered his jump jets in an effort to get away.  Unexpectedly, the lighter ‘mech chanced the roof of the local bank branch, which strained, but ultimately bore the weight.  The ‘Hawk leveled all three of its lasers at Henry and bathed the Wolverine in coherent light.  Sweat pouring down his face, Henry snapped off a shot with his own heavy laser, only to see it go wide as he jumped another two streets over.  His heat gage hardly moved, but at least the Phoenix Hawk couldn’t get a line of sight immediately.

Breathing hard, Henry tried to take stock as the Wolverine vented heat in shimmering waves.  The Phoenix Hawk had other ideas and followed the heavier machine, closing the range to 90 meters across a clear street.  Its machine guns merely chattered at long range, sending sparks down the street, but the two medium lasers paired with them in each arm were right on target.  Henry returned fire, also withholding his heavy laser, and the missile system’s lock tone was music to his ears.  One of the missiles found the ‘Hawk’s head, starring the cockpit glass, but the rest scattered, either missing completely or scarring fresh armor elsewhere on the ‘mech.  Punching his jump jets again, Henry muttered “Get off me!”  He was heading for the public park and its shallow lake, but it would be at least 30 more seconds before he could get there.

Fortunately, the Phoenix Hawk’s own heat gage and the rattling its pilot had just taken seemed to give Henry the break he needed, as it didn’t follow up immediately.  Henry’s heat dropped low enough his targeting system stopped complaining, but a yellow telltale still cautioned him not to try running at full speed.  With a moment finally to himself, Henry started to formulate a plan.  His father-in-law’s salvage yard wasn’t too far beyond the park, and had been quite a playground for him and his brothers-in-law when they were younger.  It had also been where he first met his wife.

Another shot from the Phoenix Hawk's heavy laser put paid to that happy thought.  Backing up, Henry snapped off a shot with his own heavy laser just before rounding a corner.  At least his heat gage was green again.  He spent the next minute or so maneuvering around the park, pulling the Phoenix Hawk further from its friends, exchanging the occasional shot.  The 'Hawk pilot was good, and rarely missed.  Less often than Henry at any rate.  By the time Henry had the lighter machine one block from the salvage yard, both 'mechs were in rough shape.

The Phoenix Hawk tried to pull another surprise roof top shot, but Henry was ready for it this time.  The Wolverine’s right arm tracked the arc of the 'Hawk's jump perfectly, and even as the muzzle of the lighter machine's heavy laser grew larger in Henry's sight, he triggered the firing circuit.  Instantly, the Wolverine’s cockpit glass went dark in an attempt to save its occupant from the coherent fury bathing the 'mech's head.  Red telltales showed all over his screens as the other damage from the Phoenix Hawk's medium lasers and machine guns registered.  The momentary darkness and barrage of hits overbalanced Henry, and he felt himself falling backward.  Bracing for impact, he tried to curl the Wolverine into a ball, and managed take the brunt of the impact on its left arm, leaving it without armor.

Scrambling the machine to its feet, Henry cast about for the Phoenix Hawk.  A trickle of blood dripped over his left eye, and he hurriedly brushed it away, focusing on the disturbing lack of an enemy.  After a few seconds, a thin column of smoke drew his attention to the roof of the building where the Phoenix Hawk had fired from.  Triggering his jump jets, Henry leapt to the street on the other side of garage and saw the headless Phoenix Hawk sprawled on the roof.  He sighed in relief, but then frowned.  Getting that thing off the roof was going to be a bear.

An hour later, Henry was talking to his oldest brother-in-law while a swarm of workers busily disassembled both his Wolverine and the headless Phoenix Hawk.  He had a bandage over the cut on his scalp, and the pain killers took the edge off the sting, if not the dizziness.  At least he hadn't broken anything.  The fight for the rest of the planet wasn't going well, but it seemed there would be enough outbound traffic to cover his cousin's shuttle with his wife and son aboard.  Quiet jump passage out of the system would be expensive, but not impossible.  If he hurried, he just might be able to join them.  But that would leave the Wolverine to follow, later.  He liked his wife's family, but he wasn't quite to the point of trusting them with his 'mech.  His brother-in-law's argument was that the 'mech was much more likely to escape notice if he wasn't with it.  It was a good point.  In the end, Henry shook hands and went to change into civilian clothes.

Compared to the 'mech duel, getting off planet, and even out of the Free World's League was comparatively anti-climactic for Henry.  The same couldn't be said for his wife and son.  Lucia had never been off-planet before, and was understandably nervous.  Little Guy thought it was a huge adventure, and took every opportunity to float around in zero-G.  Henry and his cousin had a bit of fast talking to do after nearly every jump and the bribes added up quickly, but the money held out all the way to Galatea.  Then began the waiting.

The Wolverine’s right hand arrived first, in a crate marked “machine parts”.  It took almost a year for the rest to arrive, but the money Henry had looted was more than enough to get it put back together.  Fortunately, the chaos in the aftermath of the revolt delayed Marik investigators until Henry had signed on with a 'mech company and left the Mercenary's Star well behind.

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #36 on: 02 July 2016, 16:12:56 »
It took me a bit, and I'm still not completely happy with the ending, but here's my submission.  The word count is 1,534 including the title and background information you asked for.  Thanks for taking a look!

Just an fyi, I have posted it to the HBS Fan Fiction forum where the voting takes place.  Thanks for your time and the great story!

https://community.battletechgame.com/forums/threads/2677?page=4

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #37 on: 02 July 2016, 19:22:16 »
Nice story. I don't think Henry will be that popular in his neighbourhood in future.
Did he give the Phoenix Hawk to his in laws. O0
I wish I could get a good grip on reality, then I would choke it.
Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #38 on: 02 July 2016, 19:29:22 »
Snakespinner: Yep... "Salvage Yard" in this context is code for "chop shop".  The basis of the story is actually an expansion and tweak of Guy Vicelli's background, a character I put together for Whistler's game a few years ago.  His old man eventually got killed working for Davion against Kurita.  By that time, his mom had worked her way into the mercenary unit's finance section, and the two of them did pretty well out of the unit's dissolution.

Sigil: thanks for the feedback and the cross post!  I'll try to check over there to see how things are going.

Dave Talley

• Major
« Reply #39 on: 02 July 2016, 22:21:46 »
yeah!
nice start, more later
Resident Smartass since 1998
“Toe jam in training”

Because while the other Great Houses of the Star League thought they were playing chess, House Cameron was playing Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip Poker the entire time.
JA Baker

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #40 on: 02 July 2016, 22:57:20 »
Thanks!  I'm actually working up reposting the game I ran a few years ago as fan fiction, but if the response is sufficiently positive, I may have to put that project on hold to work on more of Henry's story.  At the moment, I'm working through the deck plans of a Scout class JumpShip (Cray has been very helpful in that process).  When I get around to posting actual story again, it'll have a ways to go.  The rough draft (including everyone's posts in the game) runs something over 70,000 words.  "Daunting" doesn't even begin to cover it...

Andras

• Lieutenant
« Reply #41 on: 07 July 2016, 20:55:56 »
err, is the Warhammer missing it's MG ammo?

kalthud

• Recruit
« Reply #42 on: 07 July 2016, 22:49:57 »
The Warhammer does not list the ammo but when you add up the tonnage, it comes out to 69 tons, leaving that 1 ton for ammo.
"Why does it feel like everyone is shooting at me when all of us go unto the field of battle?"
"Well I hate to tell you this pal but your name is Will!"

Burning Chrome

• Lieutenant
  • One of the Vocal Minority
« Reply #43 on: 05 September 2016, 09:46:01 »
Impressive!   

Going to share this among my fellow mech-drivers.  Seriously amazing work...especially the artwork/re-colorization.

One note, the Orion is sporting two autocannons when it has only one on the right torso.  On second look, it appears you are trying to do the "Kerensky" variant?  Maybe a PPC barrel would be better?  I always thought the custom model was ridiculous, and that the original ON1-K WAS THE Kerensky variant (perhaps).

I was hoping for something like this, I had a similar idea to use in-game models vs concept art.

Again, amazing stuff.  Thanks for the effort and sharing it!
« Last Edit: 05 September 2016, 11:11:13 by Burning Chrome »
"Matchup of the century: desire to play vs. resentment"

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #44 on: 05 September 2016, 12:43:33 »
Glad you enjoy it and happy to hear you plan on sharing it with your fellow MechWarriors!

Fyi, I will be releasing an update to the project within the next week or two.  Swatting bugs, adding a couple pieces of fiction, quirks, support units, etc.  I will post an announcement here when it's available. 

Davion

• Private
« Reply #45 on: 05 September 2016, 14:30:35 »
Do you know when the  vehicle sectionwill come out??

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #46 on: 05 September 2016, 18:11:08 »
I was waiting for the HBS to release the new Duane Loose art before publishing the section but I've got an assortment of placeholder art in there now.  I expect to release it in the next 7-14 days.  It is just a sampling of vehicles based on the ones HBS will be including in their game.  It is not an exhaustive list by any means.

The Smith

• Private
« Reply #47 on: 10 September 2016, 08:31:31 »
This is so classy, I can't give you enough praise. I'd been thinking "why hasn't someone remade a TRO with MWO art yet?" and then I found this. Mad props to everyone involved. Really great work.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #48 on: 10 September 2016, 08:50:12 »
How many vehicles have been revealed so far from HBS?  The Striker and i think Manticore i believe (if remember the game demo video right.)
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #49 on: 10 September 2016, 21:31:15 »
How many vehicles have been revealed so far from HBS?  The Striker and i think Manticore i believe (if remember the game demo video right.)

The list I'm working off of includes:

Swift Wind Scout Car
Armored Personnel Carriers (APCs)
J. Edgar Hovertank
Scorpion Light Tank
Striker Light Tank
LRM/SRM Carrier
Manticore Heavy Tank
Demolisher Heavy Tank

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #50 on: 21 November 2016, 11:51:47 »
The new version will be released on Wednesday, Nov. 23.  Happy Thanksgiving!  I will update this thread on Wed.

Dave Talley

• Major
« Reply #51 on: 21 November 2016, 12:48:58 »
SIGIL LIVES!!!
“Toe jam in training”

Because while the other Great Houses of the Star League thought they were playing chess, House Cameron was playing Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip Poker the entire time.
JA Baker

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #52 on: 21 November 2016, 13:46:38 »
That's Great!  Thanks for continuing to work on this, Sig!

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #53 on: 22 November 2016, 01:19:19 »
Sigil lives, the Word of Blake search party must have found him. ::) O0
I wish I could get a good grip on reality, then I would choke it.
Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #54 on: 22 November 2016, 06:10:02 »

If they did (following the storyline here), he's being tortured or he's dead .... or both (the sick bastards)
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

idea weenie

• Major
« Reply #55 on: 22 November 2016, 11:05:07 »
If they did (following the storyline here), he's being tortured or he's dead .... or both (the sick bastards)

Or he was playing a long game, and has seen the Light (of Mankind).

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #56 on: 22 November 2016, 20:03:09 »
Or He drew them into a great trap
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #57 on: 23 November 2016, 10:13:45 »

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Technical_Readout_3028
(Download link at the bottom of the Sarna.net page)

Motsognir

• Sergeant
  • And so there I was...
« Reply #58 on: 23 November 2016, 21:25:11 »
Excellent work Sigil, thank you.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #59 on: 23 November 2016, 21:35:20 »
Sig this a great product.
Why heck is on Sarna?  I know it's not treated very well, but its not suppose to be hosting fan based stuff.3

It should be on the Fan-based wiki, Battletechfanon

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #60 on: 24 November 2016, 00:02:45 »
Great work, sigil - thanks.  This will be quite an update to my fan-project thread and collection!

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #61 on: 24 November 2016, 00:57:18 »
Thank you for this amazing bit of work!

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #62 on: 24 November 2016, 01:05:29 »
Sig this a great product.
Why heck is on Sarna?  I know it's not treated very well, but its not suppose to be hosting fan based stuff.3

It should be on the Fan-based wiki, Battletechfanon
It is not hosted on Sarna, but it has an article about it on Sarna.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

DaddyHolby

• Private
« Reply #63 on: 24 November 2016, 08:06:36 »
Fantastic work as always, thanks Sigil!

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
    • Project: LEGION (An AU by Kasaga)
« Reply #64 on: 24 November 2016, 12:14:07 »
Love it bud. I wish I could do my TRO for my project as well as you did.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #65 on: 24 November 2016, 16:36:42 »
Is the Jayhawk a fan invention or a Hairbrain thing?

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #66 on: 24 November 2016, 17:05:59 »
Is the Jayhawk a fan invention or a Hairbrain thing?

The Jayhawker was created as a way to include the MWO Bushwacker art in a TRO dated 3028.  It is not canon.

mikecj

• Major
« Reply #67 on: 27 November 2016, 13:24:16 »
Thanks for the update!

Centurion13

• Sergeant
  • Homo Homini Lupus
    • The BattleTech Reader - Home of the Fan TRO:3063
« Reply #68 on: 03 December 2016, 15:43:25 »
One question: I have a version of this fine work that is around 75mb in size.  The most recent download is about 53mb. 

Why the difference in file size?

Regards,

Cent13

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #69 on: 03 December 2016, 20:26:03 »
One question: I have a version of this fine work that is around 75mb in size.  The most recent download is about 53mb. 

Why the difference in file size?

Regards,

Cent13

You may have the Beta version that included all of the vehicle and support units.  Since HBS has not yet released the new Duane Loose vehicle art, I pulled that entire section out of the TRO along with the vehicle short story.  In short, that Beta version was larger than the final release.  In addition, the front and back cover art was slightly reduced into terms of resolution.

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #70 on: 04 December 2016, 12:00:59 »
Will we get them back in a new release, later?

Hey, Cent13.

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #71 on: 04 December 2016, 12:46:40 »
Will we get them back in a new release, later?

Hey, Cent13.

My current thinking is much like there was a TRO: 3026 to supplement TRO 3025, I will issue a supplemental TRO for vehicles and support units and possibly sweep any 'Mechs PGI introduces in the meantime, such as the Roughneck modified Industrial 'Mech.  Six months plus out for sure though....

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #72 on: 04 December 2016, 18:31:14 »
I wonder if Roughneck will get it's own actual stats. In BattleTech terms it may not be as impressive as in the HBS/MWO game.

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #73 on: 04 December 2016, 21:39:06 »
I wonder if Roughneck will get it's own actual stats. In BattleTech terms it may not be as impressive as in the HBS/MWO game.

Circa ~3025, I imagine the Roughneck is basically an upgraded Industrial 'Mech.  It's a shame there is no high quality art for the Powerman, Buster Dig King and Loader King.  It would make a nice little IndustrialMech section and set the backdrop for the later Dark Ages.  This area seems largely underdeveloped during the Succession War era to me.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #74 on: 09 December 2016, 00:37:12 »
I have to agree it would be nice to see industrial mechs in the classic 3025 setting

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #75 on: 09 December 2016, 07:03:32 »
IndustrialMechs were rare during that era.  I mean stupidly rare.  They were being scavenged to keep BattleMechs going.  Some planet still had couple, but then again canon changes with each entry into the universe is added.  The Grommet was 75 ton IndustrialMech which has a striking resemblance to a Thunderbolt, which was MilitiaMech in Agromech clothing for some rich FedSuns landholder fending off Combine invasion. 

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #76 on: 09 December 2016, 09:54:09 »
Something I just noticed... you only listed the base configurations on the other site, but the canon variants are in the TRO.  The variants are allowed, right?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking here.  Can you clarify for me?

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #77 on: 09 December 2016, 17:38:41 »
That question was related to the fiction contest earlier this year.  You had listed the canon variants of various 'mechs in the TRO, but the contest rules posted on the HBS forum weren't clear on whether they were allowed.  You answered in the affirmative, and I wrote my story based on a Marik Wolverine (WVR-6M).

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #78 on: 10 December 2016, 19:10:34 »
IndustrialMechs were rare during that era.  I mean stupidly rare.  They were being scavenged to keep BattleMechs going.  Some planet still had couple, but then again canon changes with each entry into the universe is added.  The Grommet was 75 ton IndustrialMech which has a striking resemblance to a Thunderbolt, which was MilitiaMech in Agromech clothing for some rich FedSuns landholder fending off Combine invasion.

Well I see that as the unverse is going adding more backfill of units that should have always been there. 

Bradshaw

• Corporal
  • Never trust a man scratching his chin
« Reply #79 on: 10 March 2017, 11:05:34 »
Very impressive piece of work my buddy just shared this with me. One question why no love for the Goliath? Its not in your book.
« Last Edit: 13 March 2017, 11:58:05 by Bradshaw »

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #80 on: 10 March 2017, 13:01:15 »
Well at its core TRO:3028 is a work complementing Harebrained Schemes' upcoming BattleTech computer game which in turn uses the designs from MechWarrior Online... and since MWO doesn't feature Quad 'Mechs, neither does the HBS game nor its fan TRO.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Bradshaw

• Corporal
  • Never trust a man scratching his chin
« Reply #81 on: 10 March 2017, 13:45:14 »
Well at its core TRO:3028 is a work complementing Harebrained Schemes' upcoming BattleTech computer game which in turn uses the designs from MechWarrior Online... and since MWO doesn't feature Quad 'Mechs, neither does the HBS game nor its fan TRO.

Makes sense now thanks for the explanation

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #82 on: 17 November 2017, 14:44:39 »
TRO: 3028 has undergone a minor revision. The change log is below:

The revised TRO can be downloaded via the link at the bottom of the Sarna.net page: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Technical_Readout_3028

The following units were added:
VLK-QA Valyrie (Art by Justin Kase, derived from work by Alex Iglesias)
JVN-10N Javelin
NSR-10C Nightstar (a supposed Succession Wars era downgrade of the Nightstar; not canon)
ANH-1A Annihilator
MAD-4A Marauder II

“Appendix A: A Brief History of the IndustrialMech” was added.

The LDK-5C Loader King IndustrialMech was added (based on Achernar's Loader King IndustrialMech, the predecessor of the apocryphal RoughNeck; not canon).

Added the canon Quirks from the BattleMech Manual to all units.

The “The Marik Gunfighter” was removed.

The “Weapons Annex” was removed

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #83 on: 17 November 2017, 15:18:50 »
Love this :) Excellent work! :) :)

Siden Pryde

• Warrant Officer
  • Papermaster
« Reply #84 on: 17 November 2017, 16:42:34 »
Nice.  Amazing work.  O0

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #85 on: 17 November 2017, 16:58:59 »
Sweet

mikecj

• Major
« Reply #86 on: 17 November 2017, 18:03:01 »
Thanks!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #87 on: 17 November 2017, 20:07:15 »
Where did the Wasp/Stinger etc come from? Just art made by the MWO artists?

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #88 on: 17 November 2017, 22:28:57 »
Where did the Wasp/Stinger etc come from? Just art made by the MWO artists?
Justin Kase and Odanan modified Alex's original MWO work to create them.  It just didn't seem a plausible TRO circa 3028 with them ;)  I also reversed their order as a nod to the original TRO 3025.  The Valkyrie is also another modification they created.

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #89 on: 17 November 2017, 22:43:13 »
Tagged.  Looking forward to re-reading it!

cawest

• Captain
« Reply #90 on: 17 November 2017, 23:39:40 »
are you thinking about adding tanks to your TRO?

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #91 on: 18 November 2017, 07:03:56 »
are you thinking about adding tanks to your TRO?
When and if I can find a consistent body of art to illustrate the vehicles, than yes.  I thought HBS was going to release concept art for the handful of vehicles slated to be included their upcoming game but I haven't seen anything beyond a mediocre Striker relased so far.  The lastest game play video included a number of vehicles, including the Striker, Scorpion and, if I recall correctly, maybe a Galleon so perhaps in the fullness of time.  On the other hand, if you know of a good set of vehicle art, drop me a line ;)

Iron Grenadier

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #92 on: 18 November 2017, 08:56:09 »
When and if I can find a consistent body of art to illustrate the vehicles, than yes.  I thought HBS was going to release concept art for the handful of vehicles slated to be included their upcoming game but I haven't seen anything beyond a mediocre Striker relased so far.  The lastest game play video included a number of vehicles, including the Striker, Scorpion and, if I recall correctly, maybe a Galleon so perhaps in the fullness of time.  On the other hand, if you know of a good set of vehicle art, drop me a line ;)

How about a "Scavenger" TRO for vehicles like the one you did for Battlemechs using the original art?

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #93 on: 18 November 2017, 09:24:01 »

How about a "Scavenger" TRO for vehicles like the one you did for Battlemechs using the original art?

TBH, Vehicles don't get me fired up enough to put in the effort but, more to the point, I just can bring myself to recycle any of the existing art.  It's been done by many people over many years and, ironically, my first attempt, TRO: 2866, did just that (for 'Mechs).  It wasn't particularly well received and I attribute that, in part, to the fact it was entirely non-canon and used art that has been seen for decades.

There is still a window of opportunity to present the MWO Clan art in canon fashion (with my own little flair) in a TRO and that is where I'm looking to direct my effort now.  TRO 3049:  Eve of Armageddon.  It is my intention to present it from the Clan point of view.  I was surprised how few souce books are presented from the Clan direction (and I don't count Khan Phelan Kell as a Clan point of view ;)

Iron Grenadier

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #94 on: 18 November 2017, 10:24:28 »
TBH, Vehicles don't get me fired up enough to put in the effort but, more to the point, I just can bring myself to recycle any of the existing art.  It's been done by many people over many years and, ironically, my first attempt, TRO: 2866, did just that (for 'Mechs).  It wasn't particularly well received and I attribute that, in part, to the fact it was entirely non-canon and used art that has been seen for decades.

There is still a window of opportunity to present the MWO Clan art in canon fashion (with my own little flair) in a TRO and that is where I'm looking to direct my effort now.  TRO 3049:  Eve of Armageddon.  It is my intention to present it from the Clan point of view.  I was surprised how few souce books are presented from the Clan direction (and I don't count Khan Phelan Kell as a Clan point of view ;)

Fair enough. I for one appreciated 2866, and didn't mind the old art at all (thought it actually added value to it), so I'm surprised it wasn't more popular.

At any rate, I will look forward to seeing your work on 3049.

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #95 on: 03 February 2018, 08:50:28 »
I take it you aren't planning to include the Ost-series for a while?

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #96 on: 03 February 2018, 10:04:29 »
There only Ostscout for CGL so far, so you can't have entire series without the others.

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #97 on: 08 August 2018, 19:25:12 »
An updated version of TRO 3028 is now available via the download link at the bottom of the Sarna.net page:  http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Technical_Readout_3028

The updates includes:

BattleMechs

VL-2T Vulcan
CHP-2N Champion

Appendix A: Vehicles, IndustrialMechs, and Aerospace Assets
Swift Wind Scout Car
Armored Personnel Carrier
Mobile Headquarters
Scorpion Light Tank
Galleon Light Tank
Striker Light Tank
Bulldog Medium Tank
LRM/SRM Carrier
Manticore Heavy Tank
Demolisher Heavy Tank
Schrek PPC Carrier
Mobile Long Tom Artillery
Leopard-class DropShip
Gazelle-class DropShip
Union-class DropShip
Invader-class JumpShip
Argo-class DropShip

Dave Talley

• Major
« Reply #98 on: 08 August 2018, 19:58:47 »
so that is what rock you have been hiding under. 😂
“Toe jam in training”

JA Baker

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #99 on: 08 August 2018, 21:38:46 »
Excellent!  Thanks!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #100 on: 09 August 2018, 07:47:41 »
Nice Update, thanks for keeping the home fires burning with this project.

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #101 on: 09 August 2018, 08:16:40 »
Nice Update, thanks for keeping the home fires burning with this project.

One of these days, I'll finish up TRO: 3049 with all the period-appropriate Clan 'Mechs  ;)  I've got the meat done, just struggling through the fluff I want to wrap around the TRO section, although I still have to add the recently released Vapor Eagle second-line Clan 'Mech to it...

paulobrito

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #102 on: 09 August 2018, 16:35:23 »
One of the things that bugs me no end - while the Invader is stated in all places to have 3 drop collars the new art in HSB BT and in TRo-3028 show 4 positions.

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #103 on: 09 August 2018, 16:41:45 »
One of the things that bugs me no end - while the Invader is stated in all places to have 3 drop collars the new art in HSB BT and in TRo-3028 show 4 positions.

~chuckle~ It still makes my hair stand on end watching the Argo-class DropShip jump with a Leopard-class DropShip attached to it! 

cawest

• Captain
« Reply #104 on: 09 August 2018, 19:12:51 »
amazing work.  keep up the good work.  I loved the industrial mech.  and the art worked is just...... WOW

Siden Pryde

• Warrant Officer
  • Papermaster
« Reply #105 on: 14 August 2018, 13:34:12 »
Thanks for the update.  Great work.  Loving it.  :)

Andras

• Lieutenant
« Reply #106 on: 16 August 2018, 07:50:22 »
Fluff in the Centurion section says the Enforcer is a 45t mech, while it's 50 tons:

"When the AFFS began strongly considering
phasing out the Centurion entirely in favor of Achernar
BattleMech’s 45-ton Enforcer"

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #107 on: 04 September 2018, 12:39:33 »
I have to say, I'm rather surprised to see the Charger get the MWO treatment.  Surprised, but of course pleased.  Anytime a Succession War era 'Mech gets updated, it puts a big smile on my face.  My current plans are to present the CGR-SB "Challenger" as the variant in TRO: 3028.  I did something similar with the Banshee, as the BNC-3S is presented in the TRO rather than the original BNC-3E.  The -SB will painted in the colors of the Hat-in-the-Ring Battalion, a nod to the mercenary group who pioneered the variant.  The (failed) -1L (3022) and (much more successful) -1A5 (3023) will be listed under variants and I will likely allude to the (proposed) -1A9 (3034) refit as well.  And, naturally, I will be unable to resist commenting on the original -1A1 (2665).  All considered, I'm rather excited about writing it.

I'm also planning to include the Hatamoto-Chi, the original HTM-26T model (3039), in the "New Designs and Prototype" section.  I'll play up the whole Maltex Corporation angle.  It's a stretch, no doubt about it, especially given that Luthien Armor Works releases the -1A9 in 3034.  Still, the -1A9 is so vastly different than the HTM-26T, it's entirely possible both were in development simultaneously rather than serially.  I dunno, I'll keep thinking about it.  I still come back to the "Jayhawker" Prototype where I basically broke canon to present an early tech-appropriate version of the Bushwhacker.  I don't the see the HMT-26T as more a stretch than that little beauty.  Feel free to weight in...

Register