Author Topic: Adam Savage kitbashes a robot  (Read 1920 times)

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
Adam Savage kitbashes a robot
« on: 02 August 2018, 10:31:40 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCBcWm85gWo

I'm pointing out the video here because Adam (building from parts given to him by WETA in NZ), has a really need tool; a miniature disk sander that can get at least plastic flash removed quickly.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
Re: Adam Savage kitbashes a robot
« Reply #1 on: 02 August 2018, 17:17:13 »
a miniature disk sander that can get at least plastic flash removed quickly.
That's just cheating. Also a good way to remove way too much in a blink of an eye.  :D

I did just see a repost on FB about using a Crest Spinbrush for the same task. Remove the bristles and glue on a tiny sanding disk.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #2 on: 02 August 2018, 17:20:03 »
It's just so cool that it's right there on your desk ready any time. Plus I've got a Freight Harbor only a mile away from me. Might have to do some window shopping.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #3 on: 03 August 2018, 06:40:17 »
It's just so cool that it's right there on your desk ready any time. Plus I've got a Freight Harbor only a mile away from me. Might have to do some window shopping.

If you really want to win, make a sandpaper hubcap for an R/C car. Then flip car onto its back. Now you've got the same thing, but it also races! :)

Kind of disappointed that he didn't drill out the gun barrels, but this was an interesting build.
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)