Author Topic: Chaos Campaign Record Sheet - Why So Many Objective Lines?  (Read 947 times)

pokefan548

• Captain
  • The Barracuda knows where it is, hence the -2 mod.
    • Poke's Aerospace Academy (Discord Server)
Chaos Campaign Record Sheet - Why So Many Objective Lines?
« on: 11 December 2022, 10:34:55 »
I don't think I've ever seen more than four objectives in any official Chaos Campaign track, and moving beyond that in Custom Chaos should probably be very excessive in the vast majority of cases. Why then was it decided to give so many lines to Objectives Gained/WP Earned while depriving the Downtime Costs section of anything more than four lines? The same question also applies somewhat to the Options Used section. Even with the simple Total Chaos rules, this would make running Clan or ComStar/WoB campaigns pretty hard, with lots of scribbling in the margins.

And, follow-on to that, why has it retained this format over the years, even as Chaos Campaign systems have gotten more complex and generally facilitated larger deployed forces?
Poke's Aerospace Academy
The best place to learn and discuss AeroTech.

"Poke is just a figment of our imagination really." - Siam
"Poke isn't a real person, he's just an algorithm programmed by CGL to try and get people to try the aerospace rules." - Phantasm
"I want to plant the meat eating trees and the meat growing trees on the same planet! Watch that plant on plant violence!" - Sawtooth
Leviathans: The Great War Backer #224
BattleTech: Mercenaries Backer #23

Register