Author Topic: Klaus Hettig and the Expatriates  (Read 1393 times)

HuronWarrior

• Sergeant
Klaus Hettig and the Expatriates
« on: 28 January 2023, 11:43:08 »
Klaus Hettig, who was a special assistant and liaison for Anastasius Focht on Tukayyid and several years afterwards eventually joined Word of Blake, allowing the Titan Yards to go over to the Word. He ends up heading a faction in the Word's Conclave called the Expatriates, which is a moderate faction that seems to side with the True Believers over the Toyama in issues.

Yet later on in Field Manual Updates, Toyama member Alexander Kernoff "unmasks" Klaus Hettig and other leading Expatriates as "ComStar spies", which leads to the faction being broken up and Toyama power increasing.

With the Jihad and Word past us, are we able to find out if Klaus was really a ComStar spy and the Titan Yards were deemed a fair price to pay to get an agent on the Conclave? Or were the Expatriates victims of Toyama scheming?

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
Re: Klaus Hettig and the Expatriates
« Reply #1 on: 28 January 2023, 16:04:22 »
Hi HuronWarrior. I don’t have an answer for you. There is certainly the potential that we may revisit it.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

HuronWarrior

• Sergeant
Re: Klaus Hettig and the Expatriates
« Reply #2 on: 01 February 2023, 19:08:57 »
Thank you for the reply. It's one of the smaller questions of lore I hope to see answered someday.  :)

Register