Author Topic: (Answered) Boobytrapped ICE Support vehicles  (Read 1179 times)

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
(Answered) Boobytrapped ICE Support vehicles
« on: 17 March 2023, 22:18:38 »
Per Page 297, TacOps, Boobytraps are allowed on support vehicles.  Are they required to have a fusion engine?  Or is it a packaged chemical explosive? 

I don't see anything to indicate that, but how does a 3-ton vehicle with an IC engine and a safe cruise of 10 generate 30/15/7 area of effect damage in the surrounding hexes?  That 3-ton vehicle pays only 10% (300 kg) for the Boobytrap in the first place.  It seems overpowered, am I missing errata or something?
 Is there a reason for this much damage?
« Last Edit: 26 March 2023, 14:25:55 by Xotl »
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: Boobytrapped ICE Support vehicles
« Reply #1 on: 26 March 2023, 14:25:46 »
Per Page 297, TacOps, Boobytraps are allowed on support vehicles.  Are they required to have a fusion engine?  Or is it a packaged chemical explosive? 

The current printing specifies that engine type doesn't matter.  As for the damage, in your example it would be 30 damage in the hex occupied by the vee only; 30/15/8/5 (rounding is up here).
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0